Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam 2V0-21.23 topic 1 question 29 discussion

Actual exam question from VMware's 2V0-21.23
Question #: 29
Topic #: 1
[All 2V0-21.23 Questions]

Refer to the exhibit.

An administrator set up the following configuration:
The distributed switch has three ESXi hosts, and each host has two 40 Gbps NICs.
The amount of bandwidth reserved for virtual machine (VM) traffic is 6 Gbps.
The administrator wants to guarantee that VMs in the Finance distributed port group can access 50 percent of the available reserved bandwidth for VM traffic.
Given this scenario, what should the size (in Gbps) of the Finance network resource pool be?

• A. 18
  • B. 80
  • C. 36
  • D. 120
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Homefree
Highly Voted 1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: A
It says 50% of the reserved bandwidth. Total reserved bandwidth is 6Gbps x 6 physical NICs = 36Gbps and 50% of that is 18Gbps. Thus my vote goes to option A
upvoted 17 times
Dhelailla
Most Recent 4 days, 12 hours ago
Given answer is correct. The amount of bandwidth reserved for virtual machine (VM) traffic is 6 Gbps. So 6x3 = 18 Bgps But if you want to use 50% of the available reserved bandwidth for VM traffic it means that bandwidth should be the double of what reserved is, so 18x2 = 36 Bgps See also: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-networking/GUID-29A96AB2-AEBF-420E-BDD6-48921CD687FF.html
upvoted 1 times
RJB71
1 month, 2 weeks ago
I got 18 by taking 6GBPS x 3 Hosts = 18
upvoted 1 times
Panchies
8 months, 2 weeks ago
I think the answer is 36, reason is its asking what is the size of the pool, not 50% Given this scenario, what should the size (in Gbps) of the Finance network resource pool be?
upvoted 1 times
Lundu1995
11 months ago
Normally its 36 but it says 50% --> also 18
upvoted 1 times
calibra
1 year ago
this make it pretty clear https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.networking.doc/GUID-8E957535-7969-4E12-BD11-DF746D6D5379.html for the question (current reserved vm traffic = 6Gbps for network resource pool ((6 nics x reversed vm traffic 6Gbps) * 50% = 18Gbps reserved bandwidth for finance group vm traffic)
upvoted 1 times
DesolateMarauder
1 year, 1 month ago
To guarantee that VMs in the Finance distributed port group can access 50 percent of the available reserved bandwidth for VM traffic, the size of the Finance network resource pool should be 50 percent of the reserved bandwidth for VM traffic, which is 6 Gbps x 3 hosts = 18 Gbps Therefore, the correct answer is: A. 18 The Finance network resource pool should be sized at 18 Gbps to ensure that VMs in the Finance distributed port group can access 50 percent of the available reserved bandwidth for VM traffic
upvoted 2 times
Andri16
1 year, 2 months ago
I just complete my exam with a fail result, the question is different with this, as far i remember, 4GB reserved, 10GBPS perNic, not sure what is the correct answer
upvoted 3 times
TeeTest2
1 year, 2 months ago
The Question was: An administrator set up the following configuration: The distributed switch has four ESXi hosts, and each host has two 10 Gbps NICs. In the Network I/O Control configuration, the amount of bandwidth reserved for virtual machine (VM) traffic is 4 Gbps. The administrator wants to guarantee that VMs in the Retail distributed port group can access 50 percent of the available reserved bandwidth for VM traffic. You have 4 ESXis. Each has ESXi has 2 vmnics. Each nic has 10G.
upvoted 2 times
TeeTest2
1 year, 2 months ago
you can choose the following answers: 1)32 2)8 3)40 4)16
upvoted 2 times
Andri16
1 year, 2 months ago
what is the right answer? and how to calculate it?
upvoted 1 times
TeeTest2
1 year, 2 months ago
Not 100 percent sure, but I suspect as "Homefree" wrote. It says 50% of the reserved bandwidth. Total reserved bandwidth is 4Gbps x 8 physical NICs = 32Gbps and 50% of that is 16Gbps.
upvoted 5 times
DesolateMarauder
1 year, 1 month ago
To guarantee that VMs in the Retail distributed port group can access 50 percent of the available reserved bandwidth for VM traffic, the administrator should create a network resource pool for the Retail distributed port group and allocate 50 percent of the reserved bandwidth for VM traffic to it. Given that there are four ESXi hosts, each with two 10 Gbps NICs, the total available bandwidth is 80 Gbps (4 hosts x 2 NICs per host x 10 Gbps per NIC). The amount of bandwidth reserved for VM traffic is 4 Gbps. To allocate 50 percent of the reserved bandwidth for VM traffic to the Retail distributed port group, the administrator should create a network resource pool for the Retail distributed port group with a size of 2 Gbps (50 percent of 4 Gbps) and associate it with the distributed switch. Therefore, the correct answer is: 8 The size of the Retail network resource pool should be 8 Gbps to guarantee that VMs in the Retail distributed port group can access 50 percent of the available reserved bandwidth for VM traffic
upvoted 1 times
gtapia
1 year ago
So one answer is wrong. The way it was calculated is different from yours. If I take Homefree example, the answer should be 16Gbps.
upvoted 1 times
Yes. in this example it would be 16GB. In the parent question of this dicussipn, it's 18.
upvoted 2 times
atinivelli
1 year, 2 months ago
seems so
upvoted 1 times
michael24
1 year, 3 months ago
I answered A on the test, passed with 428.
upvoted 3 times
Kiko
1 year, 3 months ago
Ans: A The Questions "what should the size (in Gbps) of the Finance network resource pool be" It should be 18Gbps which is the 50% of total bandwidth reserve with 36Gbps https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-networking/GUID-29A96AB2-AEBF-420E-BDD6-48921CD687FF.html
upvoted 1 times
ABCACB
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: C
Amount of bandwidth reserved for virtual machine (VM) traffic is 6 Gbps, multiply by 6 Physical NICs on the D-Switch = 36 Gbps Resource Pool
upvoted 1 times
Testyboy15
1 year ago
Then 36Gbps *50% = 18 Gbps A.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...