exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 729 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 729
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A project manager is working on a large IT project. During a review for one of the deliverables. a stakeholder raised a concern about the final product.

What should the project manager do first?

• A. Discuss this with the team and put the stakeholder's concern in the issue log.
  • B. Set up a meeting with the sponsor to discuss the details of the deliverable.
  • C. Discuss this with the team and review the project requirements documentation.
  • D. Set up a meeting with the product owner to discuss the stakeholder's concern.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
PMPStudent
Highly Voted 1 year, 9 months ago
Selected Answer: C
I believe the correct answer is C. Any thoughts please? I know that the product owner gathers all the requirements and all, but this concern should be reviewed with the entire team and not just the product owner. Maybe after discussing with the entire team, the PM connects with the PO to discuss it further.
upvoted 14 times
leo_gold
1 year, 9 months ago
I totally agree. The question saying wht should the PM do FIRST. This should be discussed with the team first as it might be technical concern in which PO wont be able to address.
upvoted 1 times
ChezQW
11 months, 1 week ago
I selected C as well and this was my thought process.
upvoted 1 times
Kim222
Most Recent 2 weeks, 6 days ago
C is alright
upvoted 1 times
ompk
4 months ago
Iteration review is a meeting that PO and team have with the customer or the main stakeholder. In this case the stakeholder raised some concerns with PO and team. The project manager has to do FIRST THING FIRST is to gather information about the concern that stakeholder raised. so option D is good
upvoted 1 times
odylec
9 months ago
Selected Answer: D
D for me. The problem with the question is that he does not include the stakeholders in any meeting. Because it's agile first must be discussed with the owner.
upvoted 1 times
certificate988
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
Stakeholder raised concern for final product and there is no enough detail to review requirement documentation. There is not enough detail to discuss with team. PO should be informed first about concern and since PO create backlog items, they should take more detail about concern.
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
10 months, 3 weeks ago
I think Option A : is wrong because it says (Concern) which is not an issue but it's a risk Option C: is logical answer
upvoted 2 times
SamT
11 months ago
Noticed that we are confused between A and C, where right answer shows D, Why ? if we review this question carefully, it says "a stakeholder raised a concern about the final product." meaning it's a Agile project, with that Product owner is the representative of stakeholder/customer so I go with D.
upvoted 2 times
Only12go
11 months ago
When a stakeholder raises a concern about a deliverable, the first step for a project manager should be to understand the nature of the concern in relation to the project requirements. By doing this, the project manager can ascertain whether the concern is valid or if it's a potential scope change. Therefore, the best first action would be: C. Discuss this with the team and review the project requirements documentation. This step helps to ensure that the concern aligns with the defined requirements, and if not, it provides a basis for the subsequent actions. Once the project manager and team have a clear understanding of the concern in relation to the requirements, further steps can be taken, such as engaging the sponsor, product owner, or logging the concern as an issue.
upvoted 1 times
adingmaki
11 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: A
It's A. This is from Agile Guide. https://www.pmi.org/learning/library/motivation-increase-project-team-performance-7234
upvoted 1 times
ChezQW
11 months, 1 week ago
I think that the Team should be met with first and the documentation reviewed before talking to anyone else. Key word being FIRST.
upvoted 2 times
victory108
11 months, 3 weeks ago
C. Discuss this with the team and review the project requirements documentation
upvoted 1 times
SynikalDemon
1 year ago
Yeah it's A. Discuss, Log and move on.
upvoted 1 times
Aish_
1 year, 1 month ago
First discuss with team. Once the team has a clear understanding of the concern and any possible issues related to the deliverable, they can decide on the appropriate course of action, such as putting the stakeholder's concern in the issue log (option A), setting up a meeting with the sponsor (option B), or discussing the concern with the product owner (option D). But the initial review with the team and the requirements documentation is critical to gather the necessary context and information.
upvoted 2 times
SynikalDemon
1 year, 2 months ago
A seems the most rational and the first thing I would do. Yeah I might look at requirements, but I would talk with my team first, maybe there is just a misunderstanding.
upvoted 2 times
randomname123
1 year, 2 months ago
Discussion with the team would come first. No reason to jump to conclusions, just log the issue.
upvoted 2 times
kevzzz
1 year, 4 months ago
The question is, "What should the project manager do first?" PMBOK 4.3.3.3 - Issues Log to log issues that come up through out the project lifecycle. First thing you do is put the new issue in the Issue Log.
upvoted 3 times
RevZig67
1 year, 5 months ago
The first step should be to acknowledge and document the stakeholder's concern by adding it to the issue log. This will help to ensure that it is not overlooked and can be addressed by the appropriate team members. The project manager can then discuss the issue with the team and review the project requirements documentation to determine the best course of action. If necessary, the project manager can also set up a meeting with the product owner or sponsor to discuss the issue further.
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...