exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 136 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 136
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A project manager is part of a global project team and is in charge of managing the scope defined by their country. There is a clear division regarding which pieces of the scope should be treated by global and local teams. During the last sprints, the project manager has been receiving requests that the global team should handle.
What should the project manager do in this situation?

• A. Assess the team's capacity to absorb the workload
  • B. Evaluate and understand the cause of the conflict
  • C. Escalate the situation to the project sponsor
  • D. Reject the workload back to the global team
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
ezzaariyouness
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
B. Evaluate and understand the cause of the conflict Before taking any action, it's important for the project manager to understand why these requests are being made and what is causing the conflict between the global and local teams.
upvoted 1 times
nobuuu
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Why not D? I received a request outside of my area of responsibility, so wouldn't it be a good idea to escalate it to the global team?
upvoted 1 times
Hashi1_snr
10 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
Firstly there is no conflict in this scenario. Secondly, the PM received request on workload that the team should handle to complete the project. So the PM's best cause of action to determine whether the team has capacity to perform the requested workload to complete the project. Which is why option A is the best answer for the scenario given. People are misconstruing the question as having conflict when it states that "there is a clear division regarding which pieces of the scope should be treated by global and local teams." This is not a conflict but concern about workload allocation to the team being that the teams is not collocated but diversified. Option A is my ride and die choice.
upvoted 4 times
Only12go
11 months, 1 week ago
B. Evaluate and understand the cause of the conflict: It's essential to first understand why these requests are coming from the global team, even though there is a clear division of scope responsibilities between global and local teams. This step involves conducting a thorough analysis of the situation to determine the root causes of the conflict.
upvoted 1 times
Lucky_Cindy
11 months, 4 weeks ago
B. Evaluate and understand the cause of the conflict
upvoted 1 times
Asakthi
1 year, 1 month ago
Evaluate the conflict
upvoted 1 times
psvexam
1 year, 1 month ago
Ans B. I dont know why people are confused about this. The Project Manager DOES NOT belong to the Global Team but part of the Local Country Team. When the Local team is receiving requests that should be handled by the Global team, why should the PM asses his/her team capacity and manage and absorb the workload. So answer clearly is B. There is a conflict here.
upvoted 2 times
KhoiCX
3 months, 4 weeks ago
I don't know why you think obviously leader belongs to the local team. From my point of view, leader is above the team and the requests should come to leader before coming to teams. Based on your assumption, your choice is correct, but I doubt the assumption.
upvoted 1 times
NA1234567
1 month, 3 weeks ago
it says PM is part of global project and responsible for scope in his country. there cud b several PMs in diff countries and this one is responsible for scope of his country only not for the entire global project scope.
upvoted 1 times
SteAle
1 year, 2 months ago
There is no conflict. The PM is part of the global team and has been receiving requests that his team is supposed to handle. Nothing about the local team responsibility. Answer A.
upvoted 2 times
victory108
1 year, 3 months ago
B. Evaluate and understand the cause of the conflict
upvoted 2 times
AP2023S
1 year, 4 months ago
Sorry but I don't understand where is the conflict. The text does not say that a local team is trying to offload work to the global team. "The project manager has been receiving requests that the global team SHOULD handle"...so it's global team job ti do it...no conflict...
upvoted 2 times
PushkarRode
1 year, 2 months ago
It says (part of a global project team) and not the manager of the global team and further it is also cleared that "is in charge of managing the scope defined by their country" (Means local) hence i think it is B
upvoted 1 times
ANAS3796
1 year, 4 months ago
B. Evaluate and understand the cause of the conflict. When faced with conflicting requests and responsibilities, it is essential for the project manager to assess the cause of the conflict. Understanding the underlying reasons can help identify potential solutions and address the situation effectively.
upvoted 2 times
snagile
1 year, 4 months ago
It is B
upvoted 2 times
GhibliTester
1 year, 5 months ago
Should be B. If there is clear division, they should not absorb.
upvoted 3 times
Hung3102
1 year, 6 months ago
I think B is answer. Capacity is conflict with scope workload. It is one type of conflict.
upvoted 2 times
Dinesh1987
1 year, 6 months ago
There is a clear conflict or "division division regarding which pieces of the scope should be treated by global and local teams."
upvoted 1 times
longge
1 year, 7 months ago
It is B
upvoted 1 times
JENLT
1 year, 7 months ago
A should be the best choice
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...