exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 443 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 443
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A project sponsor commonly asks the project manager to skip project retrospectives due to time constraints. However, the project manager persists in running this critical ceremony by reducing the time for preparation and for discussion.
What are two issues that these actions by the project manager could cause? (Choose two.)

• A. A lot of discussions that yield no results or possibly too many results
  • B. A lack of direction and motivation for the team in the workshop
  • C. Lessons learned from other teams to not be considered
  • D. Time management plan for the retrospective workshop to not be updated
  • E. A focus on the negative and a disinterest in further improvements
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AC 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Kim222
3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B마
A. I don't think it's the part that produces too many results. B. The team's lack of direction and motivation doesn't seem to be related to the problem. C. PM pushed ahead with the retrospective. You're probably considering the lesson, right? D. Likewise C. E. There appears to be indifference to further improvement due to reduced preparation and discussion time. This makes E seem clear. C and D don't seem clear. I'm not sure which answer is A or B. I'm not sure about B, and A doesn't seem that clear. So let's go with BE.
upvoted 1 times
Only12go
11 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: BE
Makes most senst, A is up there after
upvoted 1 times
victory108
1 year ago
B. A lack of direction and motivation for the team in the workshop E. A focus on the negative and a disinterest in further improvements
upvoted 1 times
Aish_
1 year, 1 month ago
Option A is not the answer because PM is planning to reduce the time. So there will be no time given for lot of discussion. Option C is not the answer because, lessons learned from other teams will generally be not discussed in retrospectives
upvoted 1 times
Akhundzada
1 year, 1 month ago
B. A lack of direction and motivation for the team: When project retrospectives are rushed due to time constraints, there may not be enough time to adequately prepare, facilitate, and guide the discussion. This can lead to a lack of direction, meaningful insights, and a missed opportunity to motivate the team by focusing on accomplishments and identifying positive aspects of the project. E. A focus on the negative and a disinterest in further improvements: Rushed retrospectives can often result in discussions being dominated by issues, problems, or negative aspects of the project. There may not be sufficient time to explore constructive improvements or identify actionable items for future projects. This can lead to a disinterest in participating in retrospectives, as team members might perceive them as unproductive or overly negative.
upvoted 2 times
smartrammy
1 year, 2 months ago
B. A lack of direction and motivation for the team in the workshop E. A focus on the negative and a disinterest in further improvements
upvoted 4 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
I cannot see how the PM not being prepared and rushing retrospectives will cause. E. a focus on negativity and disinterest, disinterest can occur whether a PM is prepared or not. Negativity can occur whether meeting is 15 minutes long ot 1 hour. In the real world (I know a fool's mindset), if I keep a meeting a short I can actually use it to my advantage to stifle negativity and disinterest. I certainly will not cause it with that tactic.
upvoted 1 times
cwilson91
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: BC
B - Without adequate time for reflection and discussion, the team may struggle to identify areas for improvement or develop actionable solutions. C - By rushing through the retrospective or limiting its scope, the project manager may miss out on valuable knowledge and experiences shared by other teams. This can result in the team missing out on potential improvements or repeating mistakes that could have been avoided.
upvoted 3 times
noppy
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: AE
I think A and E are the correct answers. While the PM's action is better than skipping project retrospectives by a project sponsor, the shortened time can lead the team members to actions like A and E. (Although, there is a possibility for B as well, I think it is less likely compared to the occurrence of A and E.) Also, I think both C and E are considered causes rather than outcomes of the issue mentioned in the problem.
upvoted 1 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
I cannot see how the PM not being prepared and rushing retrospectives will cause. E. a focus on negativity and disinterest, disinterest can occur whether a PM is prepared or not. Negativity can occur whether meeting is 15 minutes long ot 1 hour.
upvoted 1 times
duyun
1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: AB
A and B
upvoted 1 times
clarksu
1 year, 4 months ago
Option A - If discussion is reduced , how could it yield results? Option C- irrelevant. If you can not identify your own problem, why bother considering others. Option D- irrelevant
upvoted 2 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
C. is not about identifying problems it is about leveraging solutions of others to your problems.
upvoted 1 times
adviselee
1 year, 4 months ago
I chose A,B Because of the lack of preparation time, the purpose of the meeting or the conclusion of the meeting may not be clear. A,B are result of that.
upvoted 1 times
snagile
1 year, 4 months ago
B : A lack of direction and motivation for the team in the workshop I believe as time is shortened , direction is lost to discuss all the topics of what went good , bad and improvement areas. As nothing gets concluded , even motivation will be low. E: Focus on negative and disinterest in further improvements Reason is as time is shortened , improvements may not be taken serious and discussed to take up in next sprint.
upvoted 4 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
I cannot see how the PM not being prepared and rushing retrospectives will cause. E. a focus on negativity and disinterest, disinterest can occur whether a PM is prepared or not. Negativity can occur whether meeting is 15 minutes long ot 1 hour.
upvoted 1 times
VPNalumni
1 year, 5 months ago
AB is better
upvoted 1 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
A. is one of the worst options to choose.
upvoted 1 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
A is the worst answer.
upvoted 1 times
Hung3102
1 year, 5 months ago
Why A while the question mentioned that reduce time of discussion. I think C and E.
upvoted 2 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
E. second worst answer if not worst answer
upvoted 1 times
Hung1
1 year, 5 months ago
Now I think it is B and E. If you hold a retrospective within one team, you will not consider other teams.
upvoted 1 times
Adeshola1960
1 year, 6 months ago
Selected Answer: AB
A and B A. A lot of discussions that yield no results or possibly too many results: Without sufficient time to prepare and facilitate the retrospective, the team may not be able to effectively identify and prioritize the most important issues to discuss. As a result, the discussions may not yield any useful results or may cover too many issues without enough depth. B. A lack of direction and motivation for the team in the workshop: If the retrospective feels rushed and disorganized, team members may feel demotivated and disengaged. They may not see the value in participating in the retrospective if they feel that their time is being wasted or if they don't see clear direction from the project manager.
upvoted 4 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
A, is not a good answer
upvoted 1 times
MBoo93
1 year, 8 months ago
Selected Answer: BC
I think BC is more reasonable as you are lowering your available time for discussions
upvoted 4 times
DoughSu
1 year, 8 months ago
Can explain why C?
upvoted 1 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
Retrospectives are not only valuable for reflecting on the current project but also for considering lessons learned from other teams or projects.
upvoted 1 times
akcisa_79
1 year, 5 months ago
C cannot be the answer, Retro is internal to team; this is not review meeting
upvoted 2 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
It is an internal review meeting. By rushing the retrospective and limiting discussion time, the project manager might inadvertently skip discussions about lessons learned from similar projects.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...