exam questions

Exam CAPM All Questions

View all questions & answers for the CAPM exam

Exam CAPM topic 1 question 8 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's CAPM
Question #: 8
Topic #: 1
[All CAPM Questions]

A project manager is preparing to meet with three crucial project stakeholders on a new project. Which tools and techniques can the project manager use to capture stakeholder interest?

• A. Review stakeholder register and meeting
  • B. Data analysis and communication skills
  • C. Data gathering and data analysis
  • D. Communication skills and cultural awareness
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
claudiapatricia777
Highly Voted 1 year, 10 months ago
Selected Answer: D
Tools and Techniques in Manage Stakeholders Engagement process are: • Expert Judgement • Communications Skills (Feedback) • Interpersonal and Team skills (Cultural awareness, Negotiation, Observation Conversation, Political Awareness, Conflict Management) • Ground Rules • Meetings
upvoted 14 times
MATTEOBACIS
Most Recent 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
it's B
upvoted 1 times
shubu2276
8 months ago
D. Communication skills and cultural awareness To capture stakeholder interest, a project manager can use communication skills and cultural awareness. Understanding how to effectively communicate with stakeholders and being aware of cultural differences are crucial for building positive relationships and ensuring that the project's goals align with stakeholder expectations. While other options may be relevant in stakeholder management, the combination of communication skills and cultural awareness is specifically focused on engaging stakeholders effectively. The project manager may also use tools such as the stakeholder register to review and understand stakeholder information, but the act of capturing stakeholder interest involves effective communication and cultural sensitivity.
upvoted 3 times
AA2526
8 months, 3 weeks ago
How I understood the question is that the PM is meeting new stakeholders and he wants to get them interested in the project (capture stakeholder interest). So he's not there to gather data but he is there to influence them to support the project/get them interested. So for this communication skills and cultural awareness would be correct
upvoted 1 times
Assad1981
11 months, 4 weeks ago
In my opinion it's correct answer is C
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
1 year, 2 months ago
However, now that I am thinking on this, if he is MEETING with the stakeholders, he can't just NOT communicate with them. This is specifically asking about the meeting itself, so I guess this is where the communication skills would come in. I think this is a cheap question, to be honest.
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: C
To me, if this is a new project, it would be in the Plan Stakeholder Engagement process (Planning Process Step), and TT's utilized are 1. Expert Judgment, 2. Data Gathering, 3. Data Analysis and 4. Data Representation and 5. Meetings. C. should be the answer.
upvoted 1 times
koryryan
1 year, 2 months ago
I think this is correct
upvoted 1 times
ChymKuBoy
1 year, 4 months ago
D. Communication skills and cultural awareness
upvoted 1 times
adingmaki
1 year, 4 months ago
I think C. The PM is PREPARING which means plan. Nothing is being executed yet. Plan Stakeholder Engagement: Data Analysis and Data gathering
upvoted 2 times
jenza
1 year, 5 months ago
C - data gathering and analysis
upvoted 2 times
bob523523
1 year, 6 months ago
D. Communication skills and cultural awareness.
upvoted 2 times
InsTori
1 year, 7 months ago
Capturing stakeholder interest to means capturing data regarding the engagement, part of Monitor Stakeholder Engagement, which has Communication Skills and Data Analysis as T&Ts. The way I read this is they are trying to determine how engaged these stakeholders are.
upvoted 4 times
kmanb
1 year, 8 months ago
According to Joseph Phillips course on Udemy. C is the most correct answer according to the ITTO plan stockholder engagement
upvoted 3 times
anfacer
1 year, 9 months ago
I have doubts, its a new project and I think they are referring to plan stakeholder engagement. In that case data gathering and analisys will be the correct one. Plan Stakeholders Engagement = process of developing approaches to involve project stakeholder based on their interests
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...