exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 59 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 59
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A company must implement a new regulation. The government has specified the date when the regulation will be enforced but has only provided high-level information on the regulation's requirements. Therefore, changes in definitions are to be expected due to uncertainty.
Which life cycle should the project manager use for this project?

• A. A predictive execution strategy
  • B. An iterative execution strategy
  • C. An agile execution strategy
  • D. A hybrid execution strategy
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
PMPStudent
Highly Voted 1 year, 9 months ago
Selected Answer: D
I would go with D. Because there is a already a date specified to enforce the regulation and also because the regulation requirements are only known at a very high level.
upvoted 11 times
NejibELOUNI
Most Recent 1 month, 2 weeks ago
la bonne reponse c'est: B d'apres le mindset PMI
upvoted 1 times
martinx84
3 months, 1 week ago
Regulation is a predictive life cycle, and uncertain is Agile life cycle
upvoted 1 times
KingSchex
7 months ago
Answer is D. There is already a set and enforced date, but the requirements are subject to change.
upvoted 1 times
BuviD
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Hybrid
upvoted 1 times
xcjxcj
9 months ago
Since B and C are similar, i would choose D as answer.
upvoted 1 times
Lhenica
9 months, 3 weeks ago
D is my answer
upvoted 1 times
GabMonterey
9 months, 3 weeks ago
D. Since the scenario tell that its government regulation it should be predictive but since stated in scenario that changes might happen, approach should be embedded with agile. So hybrid (Predictive + Agile).
upvoted 2 times
RestlessMonkey
11 months, 1 week ago
I believe B (iterative) is the best approach here. You are given a release date to meet the regulation (single delivery), but the scope is unclear, so you keep correcting the scope and iterating on it until it is correct or meets the law.
upvoted 4 times
Davonos
1 year, 1 month ago
I would go with C. As the date of enforcement is not directly related to any project dates. But changing requirements definitely calls for Agility
upvoted 1 times
Hanh_Ngo
1 year, 3 months ago
A Hybrid Approach is often applied as follows: Predictive for clear/known parts and Adaptive for unclear part (uncertainty). With the given information in the Questions, we just know that "there is uncertainty", "a Date/Deadline is fixed". There is NO INFORMATION OR HINT regarding "Known parts" ==> Is there any other reason for option D????? ==> Should C best matched with the given information?
upvoted 2 times
Hanh_Ngo
1 year, 3 months ago
I found the hint and convincible reason myself for option D. It said "Company must implement REGULATION". Regulation requirement is a must, we must adhere to it => a hint of FIXED SCOPE. And Fixed Date => We cannot fully use Agile where SCOPE is not fixed. ==> We just can use some components of Agile to deal with uncertainty. ==> HYBRID Approach is best option now. (Really tricky question)
upvoted 8 times
kbrt
1 year, 3 months ago
Agile olmalı çünkü en üst düzeyde gereksinimler belirli ve çoğu da sonradan belirlenecek.
upvoted 1 times
victory108
1 year, 4 months ago
D. A hybrid execution strategy
upvoted 1 times
alt_coffey
1 year, 7 months ago
Chose D. Partly because its government and they tend to be more waterfall type, but with the new unclear requirement, they can implement more agile up to a certain point. Second, since there is some guidance out there, prefer to be hybrid.
upvoted 2 times
Ganzee
1 year, 9 months ago
C. An agile execution strategy
upvoted 3 times
novantuno
1 year, 9 months ago
Agile up to the date, then predictive
upvoted 3 times
cesarrsn
1 year, 10 months ago
Selected Answer: C
the uncertanty brings the need of using agile aproach
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...