exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 450 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 450
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A member of the board of directors is the sponsor of a project that is important to the organization. This stakeholder has many other priorities and is not currently engaged in the project activities.
How should the stakeholder be engaged in the project?

• A. Keep the stakeholder informed and consult with them based on their needs
  • B. Involve the stakeholder in governance and decision making
  • C. Consult with the stakeholder and increase their level of interest
  • D. The stakeholder needs to be made aware of the project progress
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Kim222
3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
This is A
upvoted 1 times
Only12go
11 months, 1 week ago
The key to engaging a high-level stakeholder, such as a member of the board of directors, is to respect their time and provide them with concise, relevant information. Option A suggests keeping the stakeholder informed, which means regularly updating them with the most crucial and relevant information about the project. By doing this, the project manager ensures that the stakeholder remains in the loop without being burdened by unnecessary details. Additionally, consulting with them based on their needs allows the stakeholder to provide input and direction when they feel it's necessary, thus ensuring that their perspective and priorities are taken into account. Given the many responsibilities and priorities of a board member, this approach strikes a balance between keeping them engaged and not overwhelming them with information.
upvoted 2 times
David983
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Low-power/low-interest: monitor only Low-power/high-interest: keep informed High-power/low-interest: keep satisfied - the stakeholder in question High-power/high-interest: manage closely
upvoted 2 times
victory108
1 year ago
A. Keep the stakeholder informed and consult with them based on their needs
upvoted 1 times
SteAle
1 year, 2 months ago
Low-power/low-interest: monitor only Low-power/high-interest: keep informed High-power/low-interest: keep satisfied - the stakeholder in question High-power/high-interest: manage closely
upvoted 4 times
vinuuvasu
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Bro . i dont understand. A. Keep the stakeholder informed and consult with them based on their needs D. The stakeholder needs to be made aware of the project progress The power interest grid you mentioned is correct. When you see option A, it clearly says we have to inform stakeholder. But informing comes under low power high interest. But the SH is in High power low ineterest. So how can we say option a is correct. WE have to keep the SH satisfied in this case. Option D is more appropriate. You keep updating the status or progress to the SH, so the person will be satisfied even though not interested.
upvoted 1 times
David983
11 months, 2 weeks ago
This is the key. Fully agree with A
upvoted 1 times
kevzzz
1 year, 1 month ago
Directly from the PMI website. https://www.projectmanagement.com/contentPages/wiki.cfm?ID=368897&thisPageURL=/wikis/368897/stakeholder-analysis--using-the-power-interest-grid#_=_
upvoted 1 times
noppy
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer:
I think C is the correct answer. What means to keep to inform the stakeholder who is not currently engaged in the project and has many other priorities? I think it leads to may be security issues associated with the project. Furthermore, it is uncertain whether consulting driven by the stakeholder's needs would be helpful to the project. Therefore, I do not think A is the correct answer, and for the same reasons, I do not consider B and D as the correct options. I believe the first step for the PM in situation of the question is to bring in the stakeholder's interests and concerns. Also, consulting with the stakeholder is one of the effective ways to gather their interests. Only after involving the stakeholder in the project, I believe actions like A, B, and D can be considered or carried out.
upvoted 1 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
wrong answer
upvoted 1 times
Dawn6699
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: D
D actually means keep satisfied, because project sponsor just want to know if it is in progress without wasting his money
upvoted 3 times
aqz_111
1 year, 3 months ago
Yes, his power is great but his interests is low (not many priorities activities in the project) so we have to keep him satisfied by telling him the progress
upvoted 1 times
mangostiffy
1 year, 4 months ago
I'll go with A
upvoted 1 times
Hung3102
1 year, 5 months ago
Should be A
upvoted 2 times
Tammiraju
1 year, 7 months ago
Power Vs Interest Grid wont be applicable here?
upvoted 3 times
adviselee
1 year, 4 months ago
I thinks so. But I can't figure out which one makes stakeholder satisfied.
upvoted 1 times
Adeshola1960
1 year, 8 months ago
A. Keep the stakeholder informed and consult with them based on their needs is the best approach. This will ensure that the stakeholder is kept up to date on the project's progress and can provide input or guidance when necessary. It is important to consult with the stakeholder to understand their needs and priorities and to align the project with those as much as possible. Additionally, involving the stakeholder in governance and decision making (B) and increasing their level of interest (C) can also be effective in keeping them engaged in the project. Making the stakeholder aware of the project progress (D) is also important, but it is not sufficient by itself to ensure engagement.
upvoted 3 times
aqz_111
1 year, 3 months ago
'inform' is applied to high interest but low power/influence guys but the sponsor is important to the organisation. His power is high so 'A' is not correct
upvoted 1 times
Jamrock
1 year, 1 month ago
A. is correct. answer says 'inform based on their needs'.
upvoted 1 times
leo_gold
1 year, 9 months ago
Selected Answer: D
D is stronger statement! The project progress is wider than just Consulting with them based on their needs.. thoughts?
upvoted 1 times
isabeljing
1 year, 9 months ago
why not C
upvoted 3 times
mjs
1 year, 10 months ago
engage them , i will go with A
upvoted 2 times
crishnamohan
1 year, 10 months ago
Must engage them and keep in contact
upvoted 2 times
Monkey217
1 year, 10 months ago
why D?Why not A?
upvoted 2 times
Franco11
1 year, 11 months ago
I will go for A
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...