exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 328 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 328
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

In the middle of a software development project, the lead design programmer accepted an offer from a competitor. The project manager needs to find a replacement to meet an upcoming milestone.
What should the project manager do?

• A. Consult the risk response plan.
  • B. Update the resource calendar.
  • C. Issue a request to the change control board (CCB).
  • D. Assign the tasks to another team member.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Kim222
3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
I think A option
upvoted 1 times
Musaad
8 months ago
Selected Answer: B
do we consult risk response or risk register ? I would go with B
upvoted 2 times
Bruce_Liu
8 months, 1 week ago
A is most relevant, direct and comprehensive option. After A and then D could be one of the possible option.
upvoted 1 times
Lucky_Cindy
11 months ago
A. Consult the risk response plan.
upvoted 1 times
Only12go
11 months, 1 week ago
A. Consult the risk response plan. When a key team member, such as the lead design programmer, leaves in the middle of a project, it's a risk that could have been foreseen and for which a contingency plan might have been created. The risk response plan will have strategies or actions outlined for such eventualities. The project manager should first refer to this plan to determine the appropriate course of action to address this situation and minimize its impact on the project.
upvoted 2 times
adingmaki
1 year ago
Do you guys even know what a resource calendar is? It's the calendar of the resource. Why the hell would you update the calendar of a leaving employee. CHECK THE RISK RESPONSE FIRST!
upvoted 3 times
victory108
1 year, 1 month ago
A. Consult the risk response plan
upvoted 1 times
cwilson91
1 year, 2 months ago
Selected Answer: B
It never said the risk was previously identified.. now the "risk" has become an "issue". There's nothing in the risk response plan for this. Can't be A. We need to update the resource calendar (aka schedule) to remove the person that left, add someone new and possibly review the other team members schedules to see if they can take some of the work load. ChatGPT may say D, but B is the same thing plus more, it's the more complete answer.
upvoted 1 times
Kim222
3 weeks ago
No. It was a recognition of the danger. It's not a problem yet. Problems can be solved by proactively responding to risks.
upvoted 1 times
SteAle
1 year, 2 months ago
Consult the risk response plan to understand how to deal with this risk. Updating the resource calendar will be required later
upvoted 1 times
Neil20
1 year, 3 months ago
A for sure!
upvoted 1 times
AlekhyaT
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: D
As per chat GPT: D. Assign the tasks to another team member. This would be the most immediate and practical response to ensure the project continues moving forward. Then comes consult risk response plan to see if any mitigations identified earlier
upvoted 1 times
Jng2
11 months, 3 weeks ago
I have a feeling that chatgpt is reading this website and giving random answers.
upvoted 2 times
JYKL88
1 year, 4 months ago
will do with A for sure
upvoted 3 times
spamgayy
1 year, 5 months ago
A for sure. Losing a key expert is 100% a risk that is forseeable
upvoted 3 times
Hung3102
1 year, 5 months ago
A is answer
upvoted 2 times
Femzy0970
1 year, 6 months ago
I’d go with A. Loosing an expert to a competitor is a risk that shoul have been envisaged and planned for.
upvoted 1 times
RagazzoAlex
1 year, 6 months ago
I agree with A, he needs to find a resource. update resources plan should come after
upvoted 1 times
Kesavaperumal
1 year, 7 months ago
i would go for B, since this is resource related issue.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...