exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 501 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 501
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A project has a very tight delivery schedule. The project is approaching the delivery date and the project sponsor often sends the project manager alerts to avoid any schedule slippage. The project team has performed at an acceptable level until now but the project manager wants to ensure the team's performance level is maintained until the end.
What action should the project manager take to motivate the project team's performance?

• A. Send a formal notice to team members instructing them to maintain performance
  • B. Hire a few temporary team members to help with the additional work
  • C. Award certificates of appreciation to encourage the team
  • D. Inform the team about the delivery pressure from the project sponsor
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Kim222
3 weeks, 2 days ago
I think option D
upvoted 1 times
Kim222
3 weeks, 2 days ago
I will correct it to C.
upvoted 1 times
Elias_Italy
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
I believe D is correct as you have to be transparent with your team
upvoted 1 times
1234abcdefgh
1 year ago
I agree with Aish that it could increase pressure, but I still believe D is correct as you are being transparent about the issue. A cert of appreciation might not mean anything to the team, but showing them the tight deadline allows them to see the need to continue working hard
upvoted 1 times
Aish_
1 year, 1 month ago
Selected Answer: C
Option C, awarding certificates of appreciation, directly acknowledges and recognizes the team's efforts and achievements. Recognitions like certificates of appreciation can boost team morale, enhance a sense of accomplishment, and create a positive environment, which can lead to increased motivation and sustained performance. On the other hand, option D, informing the team about delivery pressure, might create stress and anxiety among the team members. While transparency is important, sharing delivery pressure alone might not necessarily be a motivating factor. It could even have the opposite effect of increasing stress and impacting team morale.
upvoted 2 times
RevZig67
1 year, 5 months ago
The project manager should be transparent with the project team about the expectations and pressure from the project sponsor to deliver on time. This will help the team to understand the importance of the project and the impact of any delay. The project manager can also work with the team to identify any potential roadblocks and help them to stay focused on their work. Additionally, the project manager can recognize and appreciate the team's hard work, which can also help to maintain their motivation and performance level.
upvoted 1 times
Weslineo
1 year, 6 months ago
Anything encouraging will do;verbal,reward etc
upvoted 1 times
victory108
1 year, 11 months ago
Selected Answer: C
C. Award certificates of appreciation to encourage the team
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...