exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 56 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 56
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A team is having a hard time completing work due to unclear requirements. They have not been able to complete an iteration successfully in several months.
In order to help the team, what should the project leader do?

• A. Recommend that the team reviews the length of the iteration with the stakeholders.
  • B. Recommend that the product owner reviews the backlog refinement processes.
  • C. Recommend limiting the work in progress to improve the team's focus.
  • D. Recommend a review of the team members' individual performances.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
lovencare
Highly Voted 11 months ago
i chose B but ChatGPT says it's C. Limiting the work in progress (WIP) is a key principle of Agile and Kanban methodologies. By reducing the number of items the team is actively working on, the team can improve focus, better manage priorities, and increase the likelihood of successfully completing tasks. This approach is particularly beneficial when dealing with unclear requirements, as it allows the team to concentrate efforts on a smaller set of tasks, leading to better understanding and quality of work.
upvoted 7 times
Hamiakz
2 months, 3 weeks ago
ChatGPT is not always right...PMP needs logic!
upvoted 2 times
Sambhav
Most Recent 1 week, 6 days ago
Here the keyword is unclear requirement D is a not a first step when whole team is not able to understand the requirement. A, B are useful when there is a problem of overwhelming work Only C is the correct option, Backlog refinement helps clarify requirements by involving the product owner, stakeholders, and development team.
upvoted 1 times
hkcarlos
1 month, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: B
The Answer is B
upvoted 1 times
Paramak
3 months ago
Given the situation where the team is struggling due to unclear requirements and inability to complete iterations successfully, the most appropriate action for the project leader would be: B. Recommend that the product owner reviews the backlog refinement processes. Option C (Limiting work in progress) is generally a good practice in agile to improve focus, but it might not directly solve the problem of unclear requirements unless the overwhelming work in progress is exacerbating the issue.
upvoted 2 times
hoomz
8 months ago
"Unclear requirements" is the key
upvoted 2 times
KennethTang
8 months, 3 weeks ago
I think the keyword is 'unclear requirements', C does not solve the root cause but B
upvoted 2 times
MaiB
3 weeks ago
Agreed and that was my logic for choosing B. C doesn't seem right to me.
upvoted 1 times
BuviD
9 months, 2 weeks ago
B. Recommend that the product owner reviews the backlog refinement processes
upvoted 1 times
Bruce_Liu
9 months, 4 weeks ago
ChatGPC also chooses B. Unclear requirements can only be resolved by requirement clarification.
upvoted 1 times
GabMonterey
10 months, 2 weeks ago
B. Backlog might need to be refined/to understand the DOR and/or DOD
upvoted 1 times
Mamoonpk
11 months ago
Requirement clarification can not be Done by limiting WIP. It's product owners jobs to refine the product backlog. C cannot be the right answer.
upvoted 1 times
Nell_Duet
11 months ago
I cannot understand how could C be the correct answer! The key words in the scenario is about unclear refinements, I would think there needs to be to refine the requirement on the backlog.
upvoted 2 times
estimater
11 months, 3 weeks ago
option B becouse the team suffring with lack of information , woundring why option C is correct even though after the break same issue still exist.
upvoted 1 times
ugaliwembe
12 months ago
Product owner should refine the requirement on the backlog to help the team member to have clarify on the requirement- Will go with option B
upvoted 2 times
Joelush
1 year ago
B for me since the issue is related to the requirement that are not clear enough for the team to perform the requested work
upvoted 1 times
Richolo
1 year ago
Limiting the WIP will not solve the problem of unclear requirements. The backlog should be refined.
upvoted 2 times
babasoo
1 year ago
if WIP is limited but backlog refinement is not well done the team will still suffer delays
upvoted 1 times
SSidd1
1 year, 2 months ago
If 100% of the vote is for B (backlog refinement) - how is the correct answer, D? Is that in error @Examtopics?
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...