exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 431 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 431
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

The product owner decides to launch a product after a couple of releases, knowing that the minimum viable product (MVP) lacks some features. One of the key stakeholders, the marketing vice president, is not happy with the results and questioned the release decision.
What should the project manager do?

• A. Support the product owner's decision and seek better alignment with this stakeholder in order to avoid this type of issue in the future
  • B. Coach the team on the decision-making process, assuming a risk-averse strategy towards product releasing
  • C. Assume the responsibility for product releases, making the final call on when something is ready for customer launch
  • D. Escalate the issue to the sponsor, questioning the authority of the key stakeholder regarding the product launch decision
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
lssamuel
Highly Voted 1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Not sure what happened in the previous 40-50 questions. Definitely A.
upvoted 9 times
d370e49
1 week, 4 days ago
Agreed, this is driving me nuts. It's like these answers are purposely poisoned or something.
upvoted 1 times
Kim222
2 weeks, 6 days ago
I'm also stressed because the correct answers are weird starting from the 400s... I'm going crazy.
upvoted 2 times
nico2lom
9 months, 4 weeks ago
Same as you, I'm stressed about the exam now, always wrong based on the answer given but when I read the comments I'm aligned with you guys...
upvoted 6 times
Kim222
Most Recent 2 weeks, 6 days ago
This is A
upvoted 1 times
reaganFF
8 months, 4 weeks ago
Definitely A - from a Mindset approach, escalation is almost always the incorrect answer.
upvoted 1 times
Psadon
9 months ago
This option emphasizes collaboration and communication. It's important for the project manager to support the product owner's decision and then work on improving alignment and understanding with the marketing vice president to avoid similar issues in the future.
upvoted 2 times
victory108
1 year ago
A. Support the product owner's decision and seek better alignment with this stakeholder in order to avoid this type of issue in the future
upvoted 1 times
Akhundzada
1 year, 1 month ago
The product owner is responsible for prioritizing and making decisions about the product, including when to release it. In the agile approach, the concept of a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) acknowledges that some features may be missing in the initial release, but the focus is on delivering value to customers as soon as possible. It's essential to support the product owner's decision and foster collaboration and alignment with stakeholders, including the marketing vice president. The project manager should work on improving communication and understanding among the team, the product owner, and key stakeholders to ensure that expectations are managed, and there is a shared understanding of the product strategy and its gradual improvement.
upvoted 1 times
aqz_111
1 year, 3 months ago
If MVP lack of any features, then why the product should be launch? MVP is the price for enter the market. The stakeholder's question is reasonable. Product owner should consider market demand. As a PM, he should support product owner in product backlog but in this case we should also consider marketing VP's concern so I select A
upvoted 1 times
emelba
1 year, 4 months ago
Option A. The project manager should support the product owner's decision. It is crucial to maintain a unified front within the project team and demonstrate support for the decisions made by the product owner, who holds the responsibility for the product's success. Additionally, the project manager should seek better alignment with the marketing vice president.
upvoted 3 times
meetkamal
1 year, 6 months ago
A is correct Answer based on question
upvoted 3 times
leo_gold
1 year, 9 months ago
Some of the stakeholders have full power to shutdown the entire project.. I’m just between A and D. I think D is a good answer as the Sponsor will know better than the PM and can advice in this matter. Thoughts?
upvoted 2 times
Robin0229
1 year, 3 months ago
and sometimes the sponsor could even be the customer and funds the project. This a tough call..
upvoted 2 times
klfmy7
1 year, 10 months ago
Answer is A. The product owner responsible for the ultimate business values of the solution produced by the product team.
upvoted 2 times
Franco11
1 year, 10 months ago
Gonna go with A
upvoted 3 times
Alphasham
1 year, 11 months ago
A should be correct.
upvoted 2 times
Adala
2 years ago
A is the correct answer
upvoted 3 times
GDT001
2 years ago
A is the correct answer
upvoted 4 times
rajeshtk
2 years ago
Agree A is the correct answer.
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...