exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 165 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 165
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A product development team has team members located in four different countries. A senior manager is assigned the task of recruiting a project manager to manage this project and the virtual team.
Which skill is required for a project manager to successfully manage this team?

• A. Possesses strong interpersonal skills to drive high-performing virtual teams
  • B. Plans and controls every aspect of the team's deliverables to avoid surprises
  • C. Speaks several languages and has lived in different countries
  • D. Implements the organization's standards and processes for the project
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
guyver0523
Highly Voted 2 years ago
Selected Answer: A
why not A
upvoted 14 times
Sumit182
Highly Voted 1 year, 9 months ago
Every Organization has a process for project execution, which varies from organization to organization. So, anyone who comes on board should have the ability & skills to implement the organizations standards & Process. Correct Option is therefore D. Even if the person has strong interpersonal skills & virtual team management abilities but lacks the essential skill set to manage it within the organizations project governance framework, then hiring him is futile exercise. Ideally any potential candidate should have both, but having Option D skills comes first, So that rules out option A
upvoted 10 times
leo_gold
1 year, 9 months ago
At first I though its A - but I agree with you it should be D. the required level of interpersonal skills will be the same for collocated or virtual however the question specify that there is 4 locations so to me its more likely each team member will be influenced by the knowledge of local organization that they worked in previously. to me the project manager should understand that and his first task is to make sure current organizations standards & Process are implemented correctly with the virtual team.
upvoted 7 times
Paramak
Most Recent 2 months ago
I don't understand why the answer is D?? even GPT says correct answer is A.
upvoted 1 times
Ginairo214
7 months, 3 weeks ago
From PMBOK Guide, 6th Ed., 3.4.4 LEADERSHIP SKILLS Leadership skills involve the ability to guide, motivate, and direct a team. These skills may include demonstrating essential capabilities such as negotiation, resilience, communication, problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills. Projects are becoming increasingly complicated, with more and more businesses executing their strategies through projects. Project management is more than just working with numbers, templates, charts, graphs, and computing systems. A common denominator in all projects is people. People can be counted, but they are not numbers.
upvoted 2 times
Bruce_Liu
9 months ago
Obvious A, ChatGPT also chooses A.
upvoted 1 times
SerMak
11 months, 1 week ago
The question states WHICH SKILL. D is not a skill.
upvoted 5 times
Hashi1_snr
11 months ago
This got me laughter. I agree with you indeed. A makes better response to this question.
upvoted 1 times
Lucky_Cindy
11 months, 2 weeks ago
A is correct
upvoted 1 times
Asakthi
1 year, 1 month ago
Possesses strong interpersonal skills to drive high-performing virtual teams
upvoted 1 times
smartrammy
1 year, 2 months ago
A. Possesses strong interpersonal skills to drive high-performing virtual teams
upvoted 1 times
victory108
1 year, 3 months ago
upvoted 1 times
AlekhyaT
1 year, 3 months ago
should be A as it comes to manage team
upvoted 1 times
AbbasTaki
1 year, 3 months ago
upvoted 1 times
JMCCRAY
1 year, 4 months ago
A. Possesses strong interpersonal skills to drive high-performing virtual teams. Managing a virtual team with members located in different countries requires a project manager to have strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective communication, collaboration, and trust among team members. Virtual teams face unique challenges such as language barriers, time zone differences, cultural differences, and limited face-to-face interactions. Therefore, a project manager who can effectively communicate, resolve conflicts, motivate team members, and build relationships across cultures and geographies is crucial for the success of the team and the project.
upvoted 3 times
Trytrio
1 year, 7 months ago
IT is A
upvoted 2 times
Chungocanh
1 year, 7 months ago
I choose A
upvoted 1 times
Ade1981
1 year, 9 months ago
I will choose A. The question is specific to skills for managing this team not the entire project.
upvoted 2 times
TheAWSGuru
1 year, 9 months ago
A for sure
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...