exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 46 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 46
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A project manager wants to make sure that similar projects in the future use the project's performance data as a reference. However, the project manager is not sure how to accomplish this.
What should the project manager do?

• A. Keep project artifacts up-to-date and accessible to all stakeholders
  • B. Share project documentation in a repository with exclusive access
  • C. Schedule weekly knowledge-sharing sessions with key stakeholders
  • D. Send periodic emails to senior management with the latest project updates
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
JMCCRAY
Highly Voted 1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: A
A. Keep project artifacts up-to-date and accessible to all stakeholders. The best way to ensure that the project's performance data is used as a reference for similar projects in the future is to keep project artifacts up-to-date and accessible to all stakeholders. These artifacts may include project plans, schedules, budgets, risk registers, and other relevant documents that capture the project's key performance indicators (KPIs). By maintaining and sharing these artifacts, the project manager can help other project managers learn from the successes and challenges of the current project. This can help to improve future project performance and increase the chances of project success. Sharing project documentation in a repository with exclusive access (B) may limit the number of stakeholders who can access the information and prevent knowledge sharing.
upvoted 12 times
mirou
Most Recent 1 month, 1 week ago
lessons learned cannot be exclusive
upvoted 1 times
TOLANTONGO
6 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: B
The group of neighbords can be a stakeholder, pretty sure the word ALL shouldnt be in the answer to select A
upvoted 2 times
vinuuvasu
6 months, 2 weeks ago
A. Keep project artifacts up-to-date and accessible to all stakeholders To ensure that similar projects in the future can use the project's performance data as a reference, the project manager should maintain up-to-date project artifacts and make them accessible to all stakeholders. those who selected option B have to understand the differencebetween document and artifact.
upvoted 2 times
BuviD
8 months, 3 weeks ago
A. Keep project artifacts up-to-date and accessible to all stakeholders
upvoted 1 times
xcjxcj
9 months ago
A and B almost same, but not all doc can be shared to all stakeholders, example, budget info shared with vendor
upvoted 3 times
Lhenica
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Make accessible to all stakeholder
upvoted 1 times
GabMonterey
9 months, 3 weeks ago
My answer is A to make the project artifacts accessible to all stakeholders.
upvoted 1 times
SamT
1 year ago
I believe key word is “ Keep project artifacts up-to-date ”, which never happens after the project closure, I will go with B
upvoted 2 times
WhiteTable
1 year, 1 month ago
Option B: Keeping artifacts up to date and accessible by all stakeholders are action during ongoing project. But the question is askifor future projects. Thereby we have company's Intranet features that allows only to be accesed exclusively by certagroup of people. So Option B seems to be more close.
upvoted 4 times
Goku_PMP
1 year, 1 month ago
I wil go with B, as stakeholders will change in future. If as a project manager I want to ensure this experience can be used , I should keep in repository so that others can access
upvoted 1 times
Uncle_Lucifer
11 months, 1 week ago
can others access something that is exclusive (excludes/limited to few)? I don't think so. Answer is A
upvoted 2 times
smartrammy
1 year, 2 months ago
upvoted 1 times
SteAle
1 year, 2 months ago
A. Keep project artifacts up-to-date and accessible to all stakeholders. Project artefacts are the documents including Lesson Learned, project performance data etc.
upvoted 1 times
iSultan94
1 year, 3 months ago
I wouldn't choose B because it says exclusive while PM wants it to be a reference for all
upvoted 2 times
victory108
1 year, 4 months ago
upvoted 2 times
Hung3102
1 year, 6 months ago
I will choose B
upvoted 2 times
achacyrille
1 year, 6 months ago
Lessons learned are updated through out the project and final update done at the end of the project and archived. This will be a repository (DB) for future projects which will provide valuable information to the future PMs and othe stakeholders when considerations to take when carrying future similar projects.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...