exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 607 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 607
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A project manager is appointed for the deployment of a new solution. The solution will be integrated into the environment by a third-party vendor. This vendor just announced a delay in delivering a key component, which will impact the project schedule.
What should the project manager do?

• A. Ask for expedited delivery of the component to mitigate the risk of schedule delays
  • B. Ensure that relevant stakeholders and expectations are identified and assess the component delay
  • C. Perform a detailed analysis of the release content for each component of the solution
  • D. Propose a new design of the solution maw the external component with an internal one
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Kim222
3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
This is B
upvoted 1 times
Abdelmonm
7 months, 3 weeks ago
When facing a delay in a key component delivered by a third-party vendor, it's essential for the project manager to assess the impact on the project schedule and communicate this information to relevant stakeholders. This includes identifying and managing expectations, exploring possible mitigation strategies, and keeping all involved parties informed about the situation. Understanding the implications of the delay and communicating effectively contribute to proactive risk management and stakeholder engagement.
upvoted 1 times
chlaithem
8 months, 2 weeks ago
This option offers several advantages: Comprehensive assessment: Understanding who are the impacted stakeholders and their expectations helps determine the full scope of the delay's impact. Informed decision-making: Assessing the delay thoroughly, considering its specific consequences and potential mitigation strategies, allows for proactive and informed decisions. Transparent communication: Communicating with stakeholders openly about the delay, its impact, and planned responses fosters trust and collaboration.
upvoted 2 times
UppersquareCapital
8 months, 3 weeks ago
B. Ensure that relevant stakeholders and expectations are identified and assess the component delay
upvoted 1 times
amali999
9 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: A
1st action is to expedite the problem.
upvoted 1 times
mesacgon
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Voy con B.
upvoted 1 times
victory108
1 year ago
B. Ensure that relevant stakeholders and expectations are identified and assess the component delay
upvoted 1 times
Aish_
1 year, 1 month ago
Going with B. While it may seem like a logical step to try to speed up the delivery, it is important to consider that the vendor may have valid reasons for the delay that are beyond their control. Pressuring the vendor for expedited delivery without understanding the root cause of the delay or the potential impact on the quality of the component may not be the best approach.
upvoted 1 times
SynikalDemon
1 year, 2 months ago
This happens in my job. We have no control over the external vendor once the contract is in place, letting the stakeholder know the risk is all I can do.
upvoted 2 times
Hung3102
1 year, 5 months ago
I think B
upvoted 2 times
Weslineo
1 year, 7 months ago
Vendor has said he cannot deliver as planned. So why ask him to expedite something he cannot deliver? It is better to evaluate the situation and come with a possible solution.So C is correct
upvoted 1 times
leo_gold
1 year, 9 months ago
from the question I feel the vendor cant do anything regarding the delay - so I will go with B.
upvoted 1 times
mjs
1 year, 9 months ago
i think B is the correct answer, because the PM new in project so he will ensure all stakeholder are identified and assess the component delay with them
upvoted 1 times
ha_tay_que_ruou
1 year, 10 months ago
Selected Answer: C
You need to analysis before doing anything.
upvoted 4 times
Balaraju
1 year, 11 months ago
I think the answer is C, it's the only step that does the assessment & impact of the problem. please correct if you think wrong.
upvoted 4 times
rajeshtk
1 year, 11 months ago
Looks B is the correct answer
upvoted 1 times
Sheetalkl
1 year, 11 months ago
How come Asking expediting delivery is going to solve issue ? if vendor can deliver the component, then why he would announce delay. Situation is vendor can not deliver component & then next step is to find alternate option
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...