exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 554 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 554
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A junior staff member was recently assigned to the team. The new team member tells the project manager that they are confused because they are not familiar with what is expected of them on the project.
What should the project manager do to assist the new team member?

• A. Advise the new team member to enroll in project management training
  • B. Instruct the new team member to review the responsible, accountable consult, and inform (RACI) matrix before asking for help
  • C. Advise the new team member to review the project charter and stakeholder engagement plan
  • D. Review the resource management plan and provide mentoring to the new team member if necessary
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
d370e49
1 week, 4 days ago
Selected Answer: D
I chose B. This is an example of another poisoned question/answer. When the vote distributions are this skewed compared to the "official" answer, generally it's safe to go with what the group thinks.
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
8 months ago
D is the correct answer to bring the new team member up to the speed.
upvoted 1 times
reaganFF
8 months, 4 weeks ago
D is the correct answer from a servant leader/Mindset perspective.
upvoted 1 times
Elle2busy
11 months, 2 weeks ago
The previous question recommended that the Resource Management Plan be consulted now the RACI Matrix? Please help clarify
upvoted 2 times
victory108
1 year ago
D. Review the resource management plan and provide mentoring to the new team member if necessary
upvoted 1 times
SynikalDemon
1 year, 2 months ago
D. For sure.
upvoted 1 times
MarcO1401
1 year, 2 months ago
D is the correct answer. Yes, the RACI provide good information but only directing the team member to the RACI is not being a good servant leader. Also, resource management plan is a better artifact.
upvoted 4 times
Jurij
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: B
RACI chart is a great tool because it shows at a glance not only where a resource is working but what that resource’s responsibility level is on the project.
upvoted 2 times
MIMINEDZ
1 year, 6 months ago
I really don't understand why the answers are wrong, the administrator should do the needful. Correct answer D!
upvoted 2 times
meetkamal
1 year, 6 months ago
D is correct one
upvoted 1 times
Ragaa
1 year, 8 months ago
Should be -D. Review the resource management plan and provide mentoring to the new team member if necessary
upvoted 1 times
PMPStudent
1 year, 9 months ago
D is the correct answer
upvoted 1 times
poohwinniewong
1 year, 10 months ago
Why the answer is not C or D?
upvoted 1 times
rajeshtk
2 years ago
why can't B the right answer? The team member is not aware of the responsibility. So I think B is the right answer
upvoted 2 times
[Removed]
1 year, 11 months ago
B is a good answer, but D is a better one, because inputs to the resource management plan include requirements documentation, which includes RACI charts. So essentially with D, you're pointing them in the right direction and coaching them on it. If I went up to a boss and said "Hey can you help me out with this?" and they just said "Read the documentation on it" I might feel some type of way, I might not know where the RACI chart is, or how to access it. It also doesn't seem very servant-leaderish, which is what the PMP wants.
upvoted 9 times
guyver0523
2 years ago
D is correct
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...