exam questions

Exam PMI-ACP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMI-ACP exam

Exam PMI-ACP topic 1 question 124 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMI-ACP
Question #: 124
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-ACP Questions]

What should a team consider when calculating the effort needed to complete a product backlog?

• A. The increase in velocity and cost
  • B. A buffer in the sprint to mitigate unexpected risks
  • C. Assigning extra points to each task to allow time for changes
  • D. Stories describing infrastructure tasks and analysis tasks
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
GPena
Highly Voted 3 years, 5 months ago
I think is B. You always have to consider additional matters such as risk or others so a buffer is an option to be considered during the iteration
upvoted 6 times
thewalker
Most Recent 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Selected Answer: D
The answer is D. Stories describing infrastructure tasks and analysis tasks . Here's why: Stories describing infrastructure tasks and analysis tasks: A product backlog should include all the work needed to deliver a product, including infrastructure setup, data analysis, and development tasks. Failing to account for these tasks will lead to an inaccurate estimate of the effort required.
upvoted 1 times
thewalker
3 weeks, 1 day ago
Let's look at why the other options are less relevant: A. The increase in velocity and cost: While velocity and cost are important factors to consider, they are outcomes of the effort, not direct inputs to calculating it. B. A buffer in the sprint to mitigate unexpected risks: A buffer is a good practice, but it's a way to manage risk, not a primary factor in calculating initial effort. C. Assigning extra points to each task to allow time for changes: Adding extra points can be helpful, but it's a general approach to account for uncertainty, not a specific consideration for calculating effort.
upvoted 1 times
Saurabh31
8 months ago
B is the correct option. In Agile we must ensure encompassing estimates that account for risk, distractions, and team availability Absolute estimates are difficult for humans to make, Estimates should be relative and stated in ranges
upvoted 1 times
Michaela0015
8 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
I would go for B. A and C are not relevant, and D seems to be too specific (why only infrustructure and analysis tasks?)
upvoted 1 times
Petrevski
1 year, 4 months ago
A = wrong. Cost is not a relevant factor here. B = correct. Plan extra jobs in order to mitigate unexpected waste. C = wrong, not logical. D = Wrong. Why stress only stories that describe the infrastructure tasks and analysis tasks? What about a description of a very, very valuable function for the sponsor?
upvoted 2 times
Petrevski
1 year, 2 months ago
B is correct, but here we talk about the Product Backlog, not the Sprint Backlog. So I turn to D.
upvoted 3 times
Azharmak
1 year, 4 months ago
What is buffer here?
upvoted 1 times
Minhha3
1 year, 5 months ago
Vote B
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
I am going with B.
upvoted 1 times
richck102
2 years, 2 months ago
i vote D
upvoted 1 times
JackNguyenvn
2 years, 5 months ago
Answer is B
upvoted 4 times
Dsugandhi
3 years, 3 months ago
B - Buffer to avoid schedule risk
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...