exam questions

Exam PMI-ACP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMI-ACP exam

Exam PMI-ACP topic 1 question 54 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMI-ACP
Question #: 54
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-ACP Questions]

A team member is stressed due to a heavy workload, while other team members have some slack in their schedules.
How should the team lead address this?

• A. Inform management, and suggest that additional resources may be required
  • B. Discuss the issue with the team in the daily stand up meetings
  • C. Meet personally with the stressed team member to brainstorm ways to better manage their time
  • D. Begin tracking the stressed team member's tasks in a separate backlog for additional analysis and reporting
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
HTTPS
Highly Voted 3 years, 3 months ago
B - Correct From PMI’s Agile Practice Guide, Page 39: “In iteration-based agile, everyone answers the following questions in a round-robin fashion: What did I complete since the last standup? What am I planning to complete between now and the next standup? What are my impediments (or risks or problems)? Questions like these generate answers that allow the team to self-organize and hold each other accountable for completing the work they committed to the day before and throughout the iteration.”
upvoted 12 times
hadecrown
Highly Voted 3 years, 6 months ago
B is a better option. A stressed team member is an impediment.
upvoted 7 times
PuranDom
Most Recent 1 month, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: C
Seems like C. Option B includes "discuss", the term maybe telling a wrong point. If the description of Option B was "share issue" or "ask help to team" then I do say Option B fit best for this case.
upvoted 1 times
ELTIGANI
2 months ago
Selected Answer: B
This allows the team to collectively identify ways to redistribute the workload, ensuring a balanced and collaborative approach to handling tasks and reducing individual stress. It leverages the self-organizing nature of Agile teams and promotes transparency and teamwork.
upvoted 1 times
abhi517
1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: C
Is it allowed to discuss the problem in the daily scrum meeting? As it is timeboxed to 15 mins. Hence, I think C is the correct option and not B. ??? Any thoughts on this most welcome.
upvoted 2 times
Doltish
1 year, 4 months ago
I agree. Because daily meeting is time-box, just raise the issue. To discuss more about that issue, team should facilitate other MTG -> I choose C too
upvoted 1 times
carfer
1 year, 5 months ago
C is correct. Daily standup meeting is done to learn the current progress of every team member that works on Scrum tasks. It is not a place to discuss anything during this very short time, 15 minutes. Remember what can be done within only 15 minutes? It is time-boxed. You must not exceed that time. So, no discussion, just to learn other team members what they are doing, what they have done, and any impediments if they exist. Next, look at the keyword, "the team lead address". Because he is the leader, first he needs to listen what is this member's feelings about the issue. Maybe the heavy workload is because of not knowing what to do or he got stuck on something that he does not know how to tackle. Unless the lead understands the real situation with this member it will be useless to talk with the team about the issue. Maybe he does not know how to manage his workload although the same workload is distributed among the team.
upvoted 3 times
Petrevski
1 year, 5 months ago
B = correct. The over workload is an impediment that has to be addressed at the daily meeting; C = What if the reason for the heavy workload is a lack of particular knowledge of that member? That means this has to be discussed at the daily meeting as an impediment.
upvoted 1 times
Petrevski
1 year ago
Turn to C.
upvoted 2 times
Smokeyofficiial
1 year, 6 months ago
Option C. Meet personally with the stressed team member to brainstorm ways to better manage their time. In Agile, team members are cross-functional, self-organizing, and responsible for managing their workload. If a team member is stressed due to a heavy workload, the team lead should address the issue by meeting personally with the team member to understand their situation and brainstorm ways to better manage their time. It is important to address the issue promptly, as team members who are stressed may become less productive and more prone to making mistakes. Additionally, addressing the issue can help maintain team morale and prevent burnout.
upvoted 2 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 8 months ago
B is correct. Let the team decide how to handle this situation. They are the developers, they better know if the task needs to be split to have multiple people working on it or to introduce pair programming, etc. Maybe no one in the team has the expertise to complete the task. Let the development team decide.
upvoted 1 times
GrandMasta
2 years ago
the daily standup is not to talk about personal or scheduling issues. The daily standup answers the 3 questions and it is a developer only meeting. Hence, C is the correct Answer.
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 8 months ago
Meeting with the stressed team-member will not resolve the issue. This is not about motivating someone; this is about workload. Heavy workload is a risk towards the Sprint goal as this may lead to the stressed member not completing the tasks, which in return may lead to not being able to produce a working increment at the end of the sprint. This is a high risk that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
upvoted 1 times
richck102
2 years, 2 months ago
i vote B
upvoted 1 times
JackNguyenvn
2 years, 5 months ago
I think C is correct
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...