exam questions

Exam PMI-ACP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMI-ACP exam

Exam PMI-ACP topic 1 question 140 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMI-ACP
Question #: 140
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-ACP Questions]

What should the agile practitioner know about tracking velocity?

• A. A team with an average velocity of 50 is twice as efficient as a team with an average velocity of 25
  • B. A team with an average velocity of 50 is equally as efficient as a team with an average velocity of 25
  • C. A team that consistently meets its planned velocity is more efficient that a team that consistently exceeds its planned velocity
  • D. A team that consistently meets its planned velocity is less efficient than a team that constantly exceeds its planned velocity
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Abbey2
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
Constantly exceeding your planned velocity doesn't make you efficient. So C is the correct answer in my opinion.
upvoted 13 times
Ozmar
Highly Voted 2 years, 10 months ago
B, since velocity based on story point and it is relative size
upvoted 7 times
thewalker
Most Recent 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
C. A team that consistently meets its planned velocity is more efficient than a team that consistently exceeds its planned velocity Explanation: Consistency: A team that consistently meets its planned velocity demonstrates a stable and predictable performance, which is crucial for reliable planning and forecasting. Sustainable Pace: Meeting planned velocity indicates that the team is working at a sustainable pace, avoiding burnout and maintaining long-term productivity. Realistic Planning: Consistently meeting planned velocity suggests that the team is good at estimating and planning their work, which is a key aspect of agile practices. Quality Focus: Teams that exceed their planned velocity might be overcommitting or cutting corners, which can lead to quality issues and technical debt.
upvoted 1 times
PuranDom
1 month ago
I agree the idea with "chlaithem". Because I found quite similar question on PMI-ACP practice test in past. and also following is my opinion, the point why not B is, there is missing information that total number of team size. A team 10 members earned 50 story point while the team member 5 earned 25 story point, in this condition, we can say it could be equal, but we are not sure the number of team so we need to search other information to select correct answer. Additionally, it was a source of PSM-I examination maybe... they said do not compare story point over multiple team because all team has own calculation so the number of comparison aren't working well. Based on upper information as well as estimation accuracy, I'd like chose option C rather than B.
upvoted 1 times
chlaithem
8 months, 1 week ago
A. Twice as efficient: Not necessarily. Other factors beyond velocity contribute to overall efficiency. A team with a lower velocity might be working on more complex tasks or tackling unforeseen challenges. C. Consistently meeting is better: Meeting planned velocity is good, but exceeding it consistently might signal underestimation or sacrificing quality for speed. D. Less efficient than exceeding: Exceeding planned velocity can be positive, but only if it's sustainable and achieved without compromising quality or team well-being.
upvoted 1 times
chlaithem
8 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: B
Velocity is relative, not absolute: The value itself doesn't directly represent efficiency. A team of 5 completing 50 story points in a sprint has the same velocity as a team of 10 completing 100 story points. Both teams complete their respective scope within the same timeframe.
upvoted 1 times
pk236
8 months, 2 weeks ago
I would go with D. A & B are irrelevant as you cannot compare velocity of two different teams. They are team specific. Within a team, if a team is exceeding its planned velocity that means they are able to do more work than estimated while a team that meets velocity is able to do only what is planned.
upvoted 1 times
melki_zedek
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
Answer is B Velocity is not a universal measure of efficiency, and comparing the velocities of different teams does not necessarily reflect their relative efficiency. Teams should focus on using velocity as a guide for their own planning and improvement rather than for comparative assessments between teams.
upvoted 1 times
Petrevski
1 year, 4 months ago
C = correct
upvoted 1 times
Minhha3
1 year, 5 months ago
Vote C
upvoted 1 times
richck102
2 years, 2 months ago
i vote C
upvoted 1 times
thuha1704
2 years, 6 months ago
C is correct
upvoted 2 times
aws_guru1
2 years, 12 months ago
This is sad! Four people gave four different answers. Please answer only when you are really sure. Thanks
upvoted 2 times
thala
3 years, 2 months ago
I think the answer should be D
upvoted 1 times
SILLYACP
3 years, 5 months ago
why not A?
upvoted 1 times
GPena
3 years, 8 months ago
I think B is the answer
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...