exam questions

Exam PMI-ACP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMI-ACP exam

Exam PMI-ACP topic 1 question 150 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMI-ACP
Question #: 150
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-ACP Questions]

What estimation technique is an agile team using when collectively estimating the relative size of its stories using story points?

• A. Parametric
  • B. One-to-one comparison
  • C. Affinity
  • D. Planning poker
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
PuranDom
1 month ago
Selected Answer: D
D is best in my opinion. The question sentence of option C "collectively estimate" seems like indicating Affinity estimation but this time we should take it as operational work of Option-D (Planning Porker) in my opinion. Actually, affinity estimation make group based on story size but it might not collectively update the size. So I do go D.
upvoted 1 times
ImGonnaPassIt
8 months, 1 week ago
Considering my previous post, I vote D.
upvoted 1 times
ImGonnaPassIt
8 months, 1 week ago
Affinity has nothing in common with numbers. The purpose of Affinity is to make sure that stories of similar effort are given the same number of story points.
upvoted 1 times
Vedantp
1 year, 1 month ago
Planning Poker uses story points. Affinity Estimating can use sizes e.g. small. medium, large. Vote D.
upvoted 1 times
Petrevski
1 year, 4 months ago
C = wrong. Affinity = grouping stories by similar complexity. D = correct. Planning poker = collectively estimation. It is a consensus-based planning and estimating technique used to assess product backlogs, guessing how much time and effort is needed to complete each of the backlog's initiatives.
upvoted 2 times
Minhha3
1 year, 5 months ago
Vote D
upvoted 1 times
TompaL111
1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: C
"using story ponts"
upvoted 1 times
SohaibMahmoud
1 year, 7 months ago
D he agile team is using the relative sizing technique known as Planning Poker when estimating the relative size of its stories using story points. This technique involves each team member independently estimating the size of a story, then discussing and comparing their estimates until a consensus is reached Planning Poker: A Fun and Effective Estimation Technique" by Mike Cohn, published on the Mountain Goat Software website.
upvoted 3 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: C
Changing my answer to C.
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
Confused between C & D, I think D is correct.
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
Changing my answer to C.
upvoted 1 times
bu02951
2 years, 1 month ago
C for sure Affinity estimating is a technique that involves grouping items into similar categories or collections—i.e., "affinities.” In agile, we can use this technique for many purposes, but one of the most important is to make sure our story point unit remains consistent for all our estimates over the duration of the project.
upvoted 2 times
richck102
2 years, 2 months ago
D sure
upvoted 1 times
MJeidah
2 years, 5 months ago
D is correct Collective estimates typically use Planning poker as a tool, the team makes a collective estimate by playing an estimation game. https://www.visual-paradigm.com/scrum/what-is-agile-estimation/
upvoted 1 times
Azurance
3 years, 2 months ago
What is Planning Poker? Planning poker is also referred to as Agile Poker. It is a group estimation technique often used by agile teams to estimate the amount of effort or relative size of development goals in software development.
upvoted 1 times
Dsugandhi
3 years, 3 months ago
C - Affinity Estimating
upvoted 3 times
GPena
3 years, 8 months ago
Affinity estimation is used for collectively estimating user stories. C
upvoted 3 times
nigdyniezapomne
3 years, 9 months ago
I think C
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...