exam questions

Exam PMI-ACP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMI-ACP exam

Exam PMI-ACP topic 1 question 93 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMI-ACP
Question #: 93
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-ACP Questions]

A product owner concludes that the majority of a project's value can be delivered by completing only the first half of the prioritized backlog.
What should the product owner do next?

• A. Remove the second half of the backlog, and communicate their decision in the next backlog grooming meeting
  • B. Reprioritize backlog items to future iterations
  • C. Work with the team to deploy the first half of the backlog to ensure that value is realized
  • D. Meet with project stakeholders to review backlog and determine if the scope should be adjusted
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
thewalker
3 weeks, 2 days ago
Selected Answer: D
Reasoning: Stakeholder Alignment: Before making any significant changes to the project scope or backlog, it's important to engage with stakeholders to ensure that everyone is aligned on the project's direction. Stakeholders might have insights or requirements that need to be considered before making a final decision. Scope Adjustment: If the majority of the project's value can indeed be delivered by the first half of the backlog, it might make sense to adjust the scope. However, this should be a collaborative decision made with input from all relevant parties, including stakeholders, to ensure that all business needs are met. Informed Decision-Making: By discussing with stakeholders, the product owner can make a more informed decision about whether to remove or deprioritize the second half of the backlog, ensuring that the project delivers maximum value efficiently.
upvoted 2 times
thewalker
3 weeks, 2 days ago
Option A (removing the second half of the backlog without stakeholder input) could lead to missed opportunities or unmet needs. Option B (reprioritizing backlog items to future iterations) might not address the broader implications of reducing the scope. Option C (working with the team to deploy the first half of the backlog) is a good step, but it should follow stakeholder consultation to ensure everyone agrees with the proposed approach.
upvoted 1 times
Petrevski
1 year, 5 months ago
Selected Answer: C
C = correct. D comes after C.
upvoted 1 times
Minhha3
1 year, 5 months ago
Vote C
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
C is correct.
upvoted 1 times
richck102
2 years, 2 months ago
i vote C
upvoted 1 times
JackNguyenvn
2 years, 5 months ago
C is correct
upvoted 1 times
thuha1704
2 years, 6 months ago
I choose C
upvoted 1 times
astrologic
2 years, 8 months ago
PO do next? C then D so C is correct
upvoted 2 times
Mohamed_Nomeer
3 years, 1 month ago
A-Wrong B-Backlog already prioritized C- is the correct answer D-product owner can take decisions that maximize product value
upvoted 3 times
Alaaradwan
3 years, 2 months ago
d correct
upvoted 1 times
Admirable
3 years, 2 months ago
Seems like the backlog was already prioritized and adjusted. Therefore the best answer is C. The PO is focused on value and ensuring the team works on the most valuable stories in the backlog first. The PO already met with the stakeholders to review the backlog and come to the conclusion that the majority of the project's backlog can be delivered in the first half of the backlog.
upvoted 2 times
HTTPS
3 years, 3 months ago
I would go with C.
upvoted 2 times
navingthomas
3 years, 7 months ago
C is the correct answer
upvoted 2 times
Mokel
3 years, 9 months ago
Firstly, the backlog is already prioritised and I would not know how this "epiphany" would change the priority. Secondly, the "to future iterations" does not make sense to me. The second half has never been prioritised for the on-going iteration. "Meet with the stakeholders" seems like a right thing to do but also "work with the team..." is correct in my point of view. Even if the second part of the backlog is does not hold much value, you still have to focus to deliver the first half. So I cannot really decide between C and D.
upvoted 2 times
yinhx2021
3 years, 4 months ago
D is not correct because the product owner should make the decision.
upvoted 1 times
abrieftesttolearn2020
3 years, 10 months ago
The backlog is already prioritized and the value is in the first half. I vote 'meet with the stakeholders'
upvoted 1 times
snow5
3 years, 10 months ago
The BL is frequently prioritized
upvoted 1 times
snow5
3 years, 10 months ago
B is the only right answer
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...