exam questions

Exam PMI-ACP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMI-ACP exam

Exam PMI-ACP topic 1 question 123 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMI-ACP
Question #: 123
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-ACP Questions]

An event management team is following an agile approach to prepare for an upcoming conference. The regional sales manager, from where the conference is to be held, contacts the team with a number of questions about the company's booth.
What should the team do?

• A. Inform the sponsor about the regional sales manager's disruptiveness and ask that all questions be diverted to the weekly meetings
  • B. Stay focused on the current iteration and let the project manager deal with the regional sales manager's questions
  • C. Invite the regional sales manager to the next iteration review to share the progress
  • D. Create a risk on the risk register to account for some potentially new requirements from the regional sales manager
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
snow5
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
B is the right answer. First, the question asking about something related to company's booth which is not related to product or value. Secondly, the team should focus on the sprint and the leader should shied them from any interruption. Therefore, B answers one of the Project leader role to shied the team during the sprint.
upvoted 9 times
Kajaro
3 years, 7 months ago
I agree. The development team/Delivery team are not responsible for the external comunication.
upvoted 2 times
srv3
Highly Voted 3 years, 9 months ago
Team = event management team Regional sales manager = stakeholder/user Product&value = To attend conference Booth = part of the product Is sales manager "asking for new functionality"? No, only current status. C is the best answer - to invite stakeholder to the nearest review to show the progress.
upvoted 5 times
thewalker
Most Recent 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Selected Answer: C
Given the agile approach, the best option would be C. Invite the regional sales manager to the next iteration review to share the progress. This aligns with agile principles of transparency, collaboration, and continuous feedback. It allows the regional sales manager to be informed and involved without disrupting the team’s workflow.
upvoted 1 times
PuranDom
1 month, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: B
I also follow option-B. Because stakeholder management is a part of PO responsibility e.g. decide who shall be invited to sprint review etc. Focus on this responsibility, the text of Option-C "invite stakeholder to review meeting" is not a part of team's responsibility. I, therefore, think the Option-B shall be best answer (originally, I thought C is best but changed my mind after carefully read the answering text)
upvoted 1 times
Petrevski
1 year, 4 months ago
B = correct. The Scrum master is a facilitator, thus he can deal with the regional sales manager, not the team. Also, if needed, he would invite the regional sales manager to the review, not the team (that's why the C is wrong option).
upvoted 2 times
Petrevski
1 year ago
Therefore, the Regional sales manager (Stakeholder) contacts the team only for the company's boot (A specific element), not for the whole conference (The product). The Review meeting will help regarding the current "Conference organizing" status including / excluding the "boot question". Definitely, this is a job for the Scrum master.
upvoted 1 times
Troplev
1 year, 5 months ago
B) shield team from distractions
upvoted 1 times
Minhha3
1 year, 5 months ago
Vote B
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: C
Changing my answer to C.
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
B is correct.
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
Changing my answer to C
upvoted 1 times
richck102
2 years, 2 months ago
i vote B
upvoted 1 times
thuha1704
2 years, 6 months ago
B is correct
upvoted 2 times
Dsugandhi
3 years, 3 months ago
B - Contacting team directly is an impediment. Servant-leader (Project manager) should shield team. If required, Project Manager can invite Stakeholder to iteration review meeting. Team shouldn't send an invitation to stakeholder.
upvoted 2 times
hadecrown
3 years, 5 months ago
Options B & D sounds more like an waterfall approach. Option C is the only agile related answer.
upvoted 1 times
hadecrown
3 years, 5 months ago
Options B & D sounds more like a waterfall approach. Option C is the only agile related answer.
upvoted 1 times
GPena
3 years, 10 months ago
D seems to be the best answer
upvoted 1 times
GPena
3 years, 5 months ago
Reading again, I change to B.
upvoted 1 times
Abdulafou_K
3 years, 10 months ago
Why C? The question indicates that the sales manager is contacting the team about the booth, so what does it have to do with him joining the meeting?
upvoted 1 times
aws_guru1
2 years, 12 months ago
He will get the update he is looking for in the meeting
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...