exam questions

Exam PMI-ACP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMI-ACP exam

Exam PMI-ACP topic 1 question 142 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMI-ACP
Question #: 142
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-ACP Questions]

At the end of a product development phase, an agile project team confirms that all tests have passed. The product is released, but the customer complains that it is deficient.
What should the project team have done prior to product release?

• A. Requested approval from the project sponsor
  • B. Undertaken a review of all requirements
  • C. Conducted an end-of-phase demonstration
  • D. Performed a retrospective to validate project deliverables
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
thewalker
3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
C. Conducted an end-of-phase demonstration Explanation: Customer Feedback: An end-of-phase demonstration allows the customer to see the product in action and provide immediate feedback, ensuring that the product meets their expectations and requirements. Validation: This demonstration serves as a validation step to confirm that the product aligns with the customer's needs and any deficiencies can be identified and addressed before the final release. Transparency: It promotes transparency and keeps the customer informed about the progress and state of the product, reducing the likelihood of surprises or dissatisfaction upon release. Iterative Improvement: Conducting demonstrations at the end of each phase allows for iterative improvements based on customer feedback, leading to a more refined and satisfactory final product.
upvoted 1 times
chlaithem
8 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: B
A. Project sponsor approval: While seeking approval is important, it doesn't necessarily validate whether the product meets the customer's needs. Relying solely on this might overlook issues with the actual functionalities. C. End-of-phase demonstration: Demonstrations can showcase the product's features, but they might not reveal underlying inconsistencies with the customer's expectations. A thorough review of requirements goes beyond functionality and delves into the intended purpose and value for the customer. D. Retrospective for validation: Retrospectives are valuable for evaluating processes and learning from past experiences. However, they typically occur after releasing the product and wouldn't prevent the initial customer dissatisfaction in this scenario.
upvoted 1 times
MattAnya
10 months, 1 week ago
There is a need to demo the end of the phase to the customer
upvoted 1 times
Petrevski
1 year, 4 months ago
C = correct. B = wrong. What if the project is huge? It is a waste of time to take e review of ALL requirements. The demo is a better option (C).
upvoted 2 times
Petrevski
1 year, 4 months ago
PS: working software over comprehensive documentation ;)
upvoted 1 times
Minhha3
1 year, 5 months ago
Vote B
upvoted 1 times
Minhha3
1 year, 4 months ago
Change to C
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
Changing my answer to C.
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: B
I am voting for B.
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
Changing my answer to C.
upvoted 1 times
richck102
2 years, 2 months ago
i vote C
upvoted 1 times
JackNguyenvn
2 years, 5 months ago
I choose C
upvoted 2 times
Dsugandhi
3 years, 3 months ago
C - Demo is necessary to get customer feedback. If demo was performed before release, customer would have identified deficiencies.
upvoted 4 times
hadecrown
3 years, 5 months ago
Option C sounds more like waterfall approach, Option B for me is the best answer.
upvoted 3 times
GPena
3 years, 8 months ago
Working software is one of the best way to engage the customer. Then C.
upvoted 3 times
GPena
3 years, 5 months ago
Reading again I go with B
upvoted 2 times
srv3
3 years, 9 months ago
C looks like the best answer. Customer collaboration is better then comperhensive documentation despite its are 2 different values :) And this was not Scrum definetly :)
upvoted 2 times
snow5
3 years, 10 months ago
I go with C
upvoted 3 times
tsangckl
3 years, 11 months ago
I put it in B again. many review is more correct.
upvoted 2 times
tsangckl
3 years, 11 months ago
My answer is C. Retrospective is not to validate project deliverables
upvoted 4 times
Harkonnen
3 years, 9 months ago
Indeed, we don't validate documents in the retrospective. However, performing and end of phase demonstration would neither to spot missing requirement nor to ensure acceptance. It is not incorrect but B is a better answer. Reviewing all the requirements to cross check that all are met is the best of the 4 answers.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...