exam questions

Exam PMI-ACP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMI-ACP exam

Exam PMI-ACP topic 1 question 81 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMI-ACP
Question #: 81
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-ACP Questions]

During a sprint review, the product owner identifies a required improvement for a feature's user interface (UI) delivered during the sprint.
What should the product owner do next?

• A. Create a user story for this new improvement and put it in the product backlog for prioritization and validation by the customer
  • B. Create a user story for this new improvement and prioritize it for the next sprint
  • C. Document it as a requirement creep
  • D. Ask the team to take on additional story points to improve the UI
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
yinhx2021
Highly Voted 3 years, 4 months ago
Never mind. Re-read the question, it says the UI is delivered, not the new requirement. B is the correct answer.
upvoted 7 times
thewalker
Most Recent 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Selected Answer: A
The best course of action for the product owner is A. Create a user story for this new improvement and put it in the product backlog for prioritization and validation by the customer. Reasoning: Backlog Management: By creating a user story and adding it to the product backlog, the product owner ensures that the improvement is tracked and can be prioritized according to its value and importance relative to other work. Prioritization: This approach allows the product owner to prioritize the improvement appropriately in the context of all other work that needs to be done, rather than automatically assigning it to the next sprint. Validation and Collaboration: Placing the improvement in the backlog also allows for validation and discussion with stakeholders and customers, ensuring that it aligns with their needs and expectations.
upvoted 1 times
janojano
7 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
B., since it's the PO's role to prioritize the backlog.
upvoted 1 times
itsmewajid
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Option B Option A says " validation by the customer" which is not necessary. On the other hand option B says "prioritize it for next sprint". Since the Product owner has to authority to prioritize the backlog and identify an improvement then why can't do that
upvoted 1 times
Petrevski
1 year, 5 months ago
B = correct. A = wrong. PO is managing the PB by himself, not asking anyone for validation.
upvoted 2 times
Minhha3
1 year, 5 months ago
Vote A
upvoted 1 times
Minhha3
1 year, 4 months ago
Change to B
upvoted 1 times
Smokeyofficiial
1 year, 6 months ago
Option A. In Agile Framework, a user story is a tool used to describe a small piece of functionality from the perspective of an end-user. User stories are used to prioritize the product backlog and guide development during a sprint. In this scenario, the product owner has identified a required improvement for a feature's UI, which is a valid input for the product backlog. The product owner should create a user story that captures the improvement and put it in the product backlog for prioritization and validation by the customer. Option B is not an optimal solution because the product owner should not unilaterally decide to prioritize a new user story for the next sprint without validating it with the customer.
upvoted 1 times
TompaL111
1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: A
Key word : "backlog" and have to validate since the customer not see yet
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
I am going with B. The only issue I have with the option "A" is the words "and validation by the customer" and plus, the question says "REQUIRED REQUIREMENT".
upvoted 1 times
gogiap
1 year, 11 months ago
I vote A because nowhere it's mentioned in the question that requirement is an urgent one and must go. Product owner may come up with many modifications during sprint demo, but not all may be required to be implemented on priority.
upvoted 1 times
minwang
2 years ago
I vote B
upvoted 1 times
cozyhead
2 years, 1 month ago
B is the correct answer
upvoted 1 times
richck102
2 years, 1 month ago
i vote B
upvoted 1 times
thuha1704
2 years, 6 months ago
B or A
upvoted 1 times
JackNguyenvn
2 years, 5 months ago
I think B
upvoted 1 times
thala
3 years, 2 months ago
This question wasn't phrased rite
upvoted 1 times
Azurance
3 years, 2 months ago
My answer is A. Its an identified improvement, not an urgent feature or requirement. And if this improvement is identified on SPRINT review, it might need customer validation. so A looks correct.
upvoted 2 times
HTTPS
3 years, 3 months ago
I would go for B.
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...