exam questions

Exam PMI-ACP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMI-ACP exam

Exam PMI-ACP topic 1 question 116 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMI-ACP
Question #: 116
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-ACP Questions]

During a team meeting, members who are subject matter experts (SMEs) mention that they are continuously working on repetitive tasks, which has lowered motivation.
What should the agile practitioner do?

• A. Organize a team-building activity to improve team morale
  • B. Have team members work in pairs to learn from each other and develop new skills
  • C. Ask team members to perform a value stream analysis of their activities
  • D. Add more resources to the team to help with tasks
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
zvasanth1
Highly Voted 4 years ago
A. Organize a team-building activity to improve team morale - yes, it increases morale but he got motivated for specific reason of repetitive task as SME B. Have team members work in pairs to learn from each other and develop new skills - it also motivates teh SME C. Ask team members to perform a value stream analysis of their activities - no D. Add more resources to the team to help with the tasks - no the question clearly says he is subject matter expert (specialized in one particular area) he could do pair programming and lean the other area. answer should be B
upvoted 11 times
janojano
8 months ago
but option A. does not directly address the root cause of the issue
upvoted 1 times
thewalker
Most Recent 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Selected Answer: B
B. Have team members work in pairs to learn from each other and develop new skills Pairing team members allows them to share knowledge, reduce the burden of repetitive tasks, and develop new skills. This approach can enhance motivation by introducing variety in work and fostering collaboration and learning within the team.
upvoted 1 times
chlaithem
8 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: C
A. Team-building: While improving team morale is valuable, it might not directly address the issue of repetitive tasks and demotivation. B. Pair programming: This could help share knowledge and develop new skills, but it might not eliminate repetitive tasks if the workflow itself needs optimization. D. Adding resources: This might provide temporary relief, but it doesn't address the underlying issue and could be a costly solution.
upvoted 1 times
Runako
1 year, 3 months ago
C is the only answer that addresses the root issue of repetitive tasks...By conducting a value stream analysis, the team can identify and analyze the current state of their workflow and identify areas of waste, including repetitive tasks. This analysis helps the team understand the flow of work, identify bottlenecks or inefficiencies, and find opportunities for improvement. By involving the team in this analysis, they can actively contribute to identifying and implementing changes that reduce repetitive tasks and increase motivation.
upvoted 1 times
Petrevski
1 year, 4 months ago
Selected Answer: C
A = seems to be correct, but it wouldn't solve the repetitive tasks B = The repetitive (boring) task are an issue, not the opportunity to develop new skills C = repetitive task might be solved by conducting value streaming analysis* - thus this could be the best answer D = not an option *Value stream mapping can be used to improve any process where there are repeatable steps – and especially when there are multiple handoffs.
upvoted 2 times
Balaraju
1 year, 4 months ago
I think of 'B', I could't think all repetative tasks are waste, may be it is necessary and could be automated/improvised, which may need new skills.
upvoted 1 times
Petrevski
1 year, 2 months ago
B - pair programming wouldn't solve the repetitive issue C - but encouraging automation approach would
upvoted 1 times
Minhha3
1 year, 5 months ago
Vote B
upvoted 1 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
Selected Answer: B
I am not sure what is the correct answer and therefore I will go with the majority. Voting for B.
upvoted 1 times
richck102
2 years, 1 month ago
B sure
upvoted 1 times
thuha1704
2 years, 6 months ago
I choose B
upvoted 1 times
adelshenouda
3 years, 1 month ago
I am going with C
upvoted 1 times
Abbey2
3 years, 2 months ago
Is repetitive tasks not a form of waste? I'll go for C.
upvoted 1 times
Azurance
3 years, 2 months ago
The issue is here with the repetitive task, which is a waste. So a value stream analysis would help team to determine the issue. To me C looks good.
upvoted 2 times
HTTPS
3 years, 3 months ago
Even though none of the options address the root cause of the problem (repetitive tasks), I would go for B.
upvoted 1 times
snow5
3 years, 10 months ago
Bi also make sense
upvoted 2 times
zvasanth3
4 years, 1 month ago
C is not an answer The purpose of value-stream mapping is to identify and remove or reduce "waste" in value streams, thereby increasing the efficiency of a given value stream. Waste removal is intended to increase productivity by creating leaner operations which in turn make waste and quality problems easier to identify https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value-stream_mapping My choice is A 6 Tips to Boost Team Motivation for Your Agile Team Gone are the days where an employee’s motivation was solely based on basic requirements and monetary benefits. Teams, after all, are made of human beings that require personal connection and empathy to feel more engaged at their workplace. https://dzone.com/articles/6-tips-to-boost-team-motivation-for-your-agile-tea-1
upvoted 3 times
zvasanth3
4 years, 1 month ago
Answer is Team Building Activities
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...