exam questions

Exam PMI-ACP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMI-ACP exam

Exam PMI-ACP topic 1 question 76 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMI-ACP
Question #: 76
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-ACP Questions]

An executive sponsor of a new scrum team actively attends scrum ceremonies.
How does this benefit the team?

• A. It helps the team to focus on and meet sprint goals
  • B. It reminds the team about who sponsors the project
  • C. It provides high-level project updates to the sponsor
  • D. It helps to quickly resolve issues using the sponsor/s influence
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
nowhere0man
Highly Voted 4 years, 2 months ago
Overall, having management on scrum ceremonies, especially daily scrums, and retrospectives is considered bad, as it limits openness and discourages people to discuss problems. From this point of view A to C aren't the case. D is the only where we can find something positive in a negative situation - shorten feedback loop for resolving impediments.
upvoted 5 times
thewalker
Most Recent 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Selected Answer: D
The most relevant benefit of an executive sponsor actively attending Scrum ceremonies is D. It helps to quickly resolve issues using the sponsor's influence. Reasoning: Quick Issue Resolution: The presence of an executive sponsor can expedite the resolution of impediments or issues that require higher-level decisions or resources. Their influence can remove obstacles that the team cannot handle on their own. Support and Alignment: The sponsor’s involvement demonstrates strong support for the project, which can motivate the team and ensure alignment between the team’s work and the organization’s strategic goals. Visibility and Accountability: The sponsor can also provide immediate feedback, ensuring that the project stays on track and aligns with organizational priorities, which can prevent potential delays and misunderstandings.
upvoted 1 times
thewalker
3 weeks, 2 days ago
Option A (helping the team focus on and meet sprint goals) is more directly influenced by the Scrum Master and Product Owner. Option B (reminding the team who sponsors the project) is not as impactful as the practical benefits of resolving issues quickly. Option C (providing high-level project updates) is valuable but not the primary benefit of the sponsor’s active participation in Scrum ceremonies.
upvoted 1 times
Michaela0015
8 months, 1 week ago
I would go with D. "How does this benefit the team?" C. Status update doesn't benefit the team IMO
upvoted 1 times
Ntp
1 year ago
I think A
upvoted 1 times
Agile_Dario_Conde
1 year, 3 months ago
Selected Answer: C
C baby
upvoted 1 times
Troplev
1 year, 5 months ago
I do for D) Even though C is also correct, the question is to benefit the team.
upvoted 1 times
Petrevski
1 year, 5 months ago
Selected Answer: C
А - wrong, the PO helps the team to meet the sprint goals. The CEO is not the right person. B - absolutely wrong C - correct (in my opinion). The only thing that the CEO (or another executive) is interested in is the status or project updates, based on what can be predicted ex. RoI, financial analytics... D - partially correct - the CEO can help, but the Scrum master is doing this job. Even the CEO can influence, the Scrum master is the facilitator and he could ask for help from the CEO.
upvoted 1 times
Minhha3
1 year, 5 months ago
Vote D
upvoted 1 times
Smokeyofficiial
1 year, 6 months ago
Option C. The executive sponsor is typically a senior leader who provides the project's vision, goals, and resources, and is accountable for its success. By attending scrum ceremonies, the executive sponsor can gain a better understanding of the team's progress, challenges, and successes. This can help the sponsor to provide feedback, guidance, and support to the team, ensure that the project remains aligned with the overall business strategy, and make informed decisions based on up-to-date information. Additionally, the sponsor's presence in the ceremonies can demonstrate their commitment to the project, support the team's autonomy and self-organizing, and foster a collaborative and transparent work environment.
upvoted 2 times
InvisibleBeing
1 year, 7 months ago
D is correct.
upvoted 1 times
richck102
2 years, 1 month ago
i vote D
upvoted 1 times
bzeggar
3 years, 1 month ago
for me, D doesn't make lot of sense. the SM should resolve issues if any, and we don't know if the sponsor can influence outside the team. i would go with A
upvoted 3 times
HTTPS
3 years, 3 months ago
This question as a whole is flawed. Regardless, I would go for D.
upvoted 1 times
Athena75
3 years, 5 months ago
The Question is asking for the benefit to the team not the Sponsor's benefit. Answer is either A or D. I go for A
upvoted 1 times
snow5
3 years, 9 months ago
Such question is really confusing ! A & D are more applicable based on sponsor's role in the project.
upvoted 1 times
navingthomas
3 years, 11 months ago
But the question about the team's benefit...
upvoted 1 times
zvasanth1
4 years ago
A. It helps the team to focus on and meet sprint goals - NO. This is what PO/SM does B. It reminds the team about who sponsors the project - Doesn't matter C. It provides high-level project updates to the sponsor - TRUE D. It helps to quickly resolve issues using the sponsor's influence - Partially TRUE sponsor works in high level / strategy area. he doesn't have to engage in day to day dev team issue C is the only benefit to the Management
upvoted 3 times
zvasanth1
4 years ago
only D makes little sense
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...