exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 1084 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 1084
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A project manager discovered that a component on the critical path is in danger of delay due to continuous disagreements between two developers. This personality-related issue can’t be resolved by the team.

What should the project manager do?

• A. Log the issue in the register and delay the development of the component.
  • B. Log the issue in the register and ask the team to make a decision by voting.
  • C. Log the issue in the register and escalate to the human resources (HR) manager.
  • D. Log the issue in the register and let the developers resolve the conflict.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Kim222
3 weeks, 2 days ago
I think B Right
upvoted 1 times
LNX_RM_Admin
4 months ago
Selected Answer: B
the pm must escalate to HR when the conflit is in the Total War phase. For me, In this scenario, B is the best choice
upvoted 1 times
LNX_RM_Admin
4 months ago
Selected Answer: C
the pm must escalate to HR when the conflit is in the Total War phase. For me, In this scenario, B is the best choice
upvoted 1 times
Sunshine2022
4 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: C
Asking the team to take a vote can have a knock-on effect on the behavior of the two developers against the team in which they are part of. Besides the question stated the “issue can’t be resolved by the team” so that’s ruled out B. Delaying the development of the component is not a good option, so A is wrong. D would have been a good answer, but since it’s a continuous disagreement between the two developers even with possible intervention with the Project Manager to resolve their conflict. Hence, the last course of action to answer this question is to escalate the issue with the HR Manager, so answer is C.
upvoted 2 times
kmsinthesky
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: B
HR is irreversible
upvoted 1 times
mesacgon
8 months ago
Me parece que B es una mejor opciĂłn , escalar a RH es muy drastico.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...