exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 1095 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 1095
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

At a project status meeting, different activities were agreed upon for the following weeks. At the end of the first week. the project team realizes that the activities were executed in the wrong way because each team member had a different understanding. These misunderstandings have caused a delay in the project.

Which of the following actions should the project manager take to avoid this situation in the future?

• A. Conduct reviews prior to performing activities.
  • B. Monitor the team’s performance metrics.
  • C. Document the agreement in the meeting minutes.
  • D. Use a common communication terminology.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
6thEditionAndy
Highly Voted 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
Very confusing question, for me, C is most accurate. If we have the action items written down, we can avoid misunderstandings in what needs to be done. For me its not D, because even if we all use the same terminology, we could still misunderstand who needs to perform what when.
upvoted 5 times
Kim222
Most Recent 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Selected Answer: C
The problem is very tricky... Is there any guarantee that unifying communication terminology in D, known as the answer, will not cause confusion? In my opinion, it is better to record the agreement in the meeting minutes to ensure consistent agreement. What do you think? I'm confused...
upvoted 1 times
Trytrio
7 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
Its obviously C or D. Since its a communication problem and the answer is more general I would go with D
upvoted 1 times
UppersquareCapital
7 months, 3 weeks ago
By using a common communication terminology, the project manager can establish a shared understanding among team members. This includes ensuring that everyone is using the same language and definitions for project activities, tasks, and requirements. This can be achieved through the development and maintenance of a project glossary or by establishing clear communication protocols.
upvoted 1 times
Abdelmonm
8 months, 2 weeks ago
To avoid misunderstandings and ensure that everyone has a shared understanding of activities and expectations, it's crucial to use a common communication terminology. This helps in creating clarity and alignment among team members, reducing the risk of misinterpretations that can lead to delays in the project.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...