exam questions

Exam PMI-ACP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMI-ACP exam

Exam PMI-ACP topic 1 question 224 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMI-ACP
Question #: 224
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-ACP Questions]

After conducting the second retrospective with project stakeholders, the customer expresses frustration. The customer wants a more predictable roadmap for the delivery of features and functionalities.

How should the project manager respond to the customer?

• A. Explain to the customer that an agile approach requires re-prioritization at the beginning of each sprint, so it is not possible to provide a roadmap.
  • B. Ask the customer to develop a roadmap the team can follow for future delivery.
  • C. Work with the customer to understand which user stories will deliver the best business value, re-prioritize the backlog, and share it with the customer to provide release plans.
  • D. Work with the product owner to develop a tentative roadmap for the customer but explain that it is always subject to change.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
thewalker
2 weeks, 3 days ago
Selected Answer: C
Understanding Business Value: By working with the customer to identify which user stories deliver the best business value, the project manager ensures that the most important features are prioritized. This approach aligns the project’s deliverables with the customer’s expectations and business needs. Re-prioritizing the Backlog: Re-prioritizing the backlog based on the customer’s input helps in creating a more predictable and value-driven roadmap. It ensures that the team focuses on delivering the highest value features first. Providing Release Plans: Sharing the re-prioritized backlog and providing release plans gives the customer a clearer picture of what to expect and when. This transparency helps in managing the customer’s expectations and reduces frustration.
upvoted 1 times
PuranDom
4 weeks, 1 day ago
Selected Answer: D
I'd like to vote D. Actually, both of the C and D looks correct in my opinion but stand on PO responsibility, Option-D seems better. On the Option-C, I could not detect XP utilization in the scenario (nothing wrote iteration instead of sprint, no other hints as well), so I'd like to choose Option-D in this case.
upvoted 1 times
janojano
7 months, 3 weeks ago
Both C and D can be correct. Regularly, only the PO prioritizes the backlog, however, I like C cause it's a more comprehensive response.
upvoted 2 times
ImGonnaPassIt
8 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: D
Tricky question. PM doesn't prioritize the backlog. PO does. I vote D
upvoted 1 times
Bemi
1 year ago
C would also be correct from and XP perspective where the Customer is synonymous to the PO
upvoted 1 times
Bemi
1 year ago
The PO is responsible for the prioritizing the value of the PB for the organisation ensuring it delivers the optimal value to its customers. Thus D is the correct answer. D = Correct
upvoted 2 times
Petrevski
1 year, 1 month ago
C = correct
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...