exam questions

Exam PMP All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PMP exam

Exam PMP topic 1 question 773 discussion

Actual exam question from PMI's PMP
Question #: 773
Topic #: 1
[All PMP Questions]

A project has been successfully completed. The project was ahead of schedule, under budget, and delivered the expected benefits. The project sponsor was satisfied and distributed recognition certificates to key project team members. However, the project sponsor accidentally forgot to issue a certificate to a key team member.

How should the project manager treat the missed key team member to avoid disappointment and demotivation?

• A. Invite the team member to lunch with the business leader and project sponsor.
  • B. Thank the team member in a public meeting for their significant contributions to the project.
  • C. Explain the situation to the team member and follow up with a reward and recognition for them.
  • D. Request an additional recognition certificate for the missed team member from the project sponsor.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Kim222
2 weeks, 6 days ago
Selected Answer: C
I used to think that formal things like D were right. But I decided to think about emotional intelligence. Talk to the employee who is being disadvantaged and take appropriate measures. This is something that applies not only in the test but also in the real world.
upvoted 1 times
LNX_RM_Admin
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
All team members must have the same reward
upvoted 2 times
Abdelmonm
7 months, 3 weeks ago
It's important to address the oversight transparently and acknowledge the missed recognition. By explaining the situation to the team member and expressing gratitude for their significant contributions, the project manager can help mitigate any potential disappointment or demotivation. Following up with a specific reward and recognition for the individual ensures that their efforts are appropriately acknowledged and valued. This approach emphasizes open communication and proactive efforts to rectify the situation.
upvoted 3 times
xcjxcj
8 months, 1 week ago
Certificate vs reward, sponsor vs PM, public vs private, C is out. D will be better.
upvoted 2 times
chlaithem
8 months, 2 weeks ago
Transparency and honesty: Openly explaining the accidental oversight demonstrates honesty and concern for the team member's feelings. Personalization and impact: A follow-up reward or recognition tailored to the team member's specific contributions shows genuine appreciation and makes it more meaningful. Proactive resolution: Taking initiative to rectify the situation demonstrates the project manager's commitment to valuing team members and their work.
upvoted 1 times
6thEditionAndy
9 months, 3 weeks ago
If I was a team member, I would value a recognition by the sponsor (i.e management) more as this will have a better impact on my career. C is nice, but not enough
upvoted 2 times
victory108
11 months, 2 weeks ago
C. Explain the situation to the team member and follow up with a reward and recognition for them
upvoted 1 times
Aish_
1 year, 1 month ago
In this scenario, open communication is essential. The project manager should have a candid conversation with the missed key team member, explaining the situation and acknowledging the accidental oversight. Express appreciation for their significant contributions to the project and assure them that their efforts are valued and recognized. Following the conversation, the project manager should take steps to provide an appropriate reward and recognition to the team member. This could be in the form of a certificate, a personalized thank-you note, a token of appreciation, or any other form of recognition
upvoted 2 times
AntoFE
8 months, 3 weeks ago
I think C is a good option too. However, the only thing that made me choose D, is the word "Reward" - This might implied something with a monetary value. I am not sure if the PM has the right to spend additional funding on this.
upvoted 1 times
Dawn6699
1 year, 3 months ago
Y not D?
upvoted 3 times
Faozi
1 year, 4 months ago
Best way for PM is to aknowledge the mistake and talk
upvoted 2 times
kevzzz
1 year, 4 months ago
Communication is the key to project management.
upvoted 3 times
VPNalumni
1 year, 5 months ago
D. Request an additional recognition certificate for the missed team member from the project sponsor.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...