View all questions & answers for the AZ-104 exam

Exam AZ-104 topic 3 question 62 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 62
Topic #: 3
[All AZ-104 Questions]

HOTSPOT
-

You have an Azure subscription that contains the storage accounts shown in the following table.

You need to identify which storage accounts support lifecycle management, and which storage accounts support moving data to the Archive access tier.

Which storage accounts should you use? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.

NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
yauhen_zd
Highly Voted 1 year, 8 months ago
Correct 1 - storage1, storage2, storage3 Lifecycle management policies are supported for block blobs and append blobs in general-purpose v2, premium block blob, and Blob Storage accounts. 2 - storage2 Only storage accounts that are configured for LRS, GRS, or RA-GRS support moving blobs to the archive tier. The archive tier isn't supported for ZRS, GZRS, or RA-GZRS accounts. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/lifecycle-management-overview https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/access-tiers-overview
upvoted 101 times
lkjsatlwjwwge
1 year, 7 months ago
Excellent answer, and thanks for the references. I'd like to share something I've just realised, in case someone gets confused by the fact that Premium BlockBlobStorage does support lifecycle management BUT does not support tiers (mentioned in the same reference under Rule actions): lifecycle management != tiering! So it would seem LM is supported by premium block blob accounts, but limited to just deletion rules...
upvoted 23 times
gargaditya
9 months, 1 week ago
Correct  Azure storage offers different access tiers, allowing you to store blob object data in the most cost-effective manner.  Tiers are a way to organize your data based on how frequently it will be accessed and how long it will be retained, with the end goal of optimising cost. NOTES: -Hot/Cool/Archive tiering applies to 'blobs,’ not files/queues/tables (other performance options exist for these) -Further, Setting the access tier is only allowed on Block Blobs. They are not supported for Append and Page Blobs. -Blobs in GPV2 storage account can be set to Hot/Cool/Archive. Premium Block Blob storage account - Data stored in a premium block blob storage account cannot be tiered to hot, cool, or archive using Set Blob Tier or using Azure Blob Storage lifecycle management.
upvoted 1 times
gargaditya
9 months, 1 week ago
Reference: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/lifecycle-management-overview -Known issues and limitations Tiering is not yet supported in a premium block blob storage account. For all other accounts, tiering is allowed only on block blobs and not for append and page blobs. -Note Tiering is not yet supported in a premium block blob storage account. For all other accounts, tiering is allowed only on block blobs and not for append and page blobs. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/access-tiers-overview - Note Setting the access tier is only allowed on Block Blobs. They are not supported for Append and Page Blobs. -Note Data stored in a premium block blob storage account cannot be tiered to hot, cool, cold or archive by using Set Blob Tier or using Azure Blob Storage lifecycle management.
upvoted 1 times
Ashfaque_9x
Highly Voted 1 year, 8 months ago
Passed today on 29Jan23 with a score of 970. This question was in the exam. Correct Answer: 1 - storage1, storage2, storage3 2 - storage2
upvoted 78 times
obaali1990
1 year, 6 months ago
Well done
upvoted 6 times
SeMo0o0o0o
Most Recent 1 month ago
CORRECT moving blobs to the archive tier is supported only on LRS, GRS, RA-GRS
upvoted 1 times
Amir1909
6 months, 2 weeks ago
Given answer is right
upvoted 1 times
Wojer
8 months ago
Lifecycle limitations Tiering is not yet supported in a premium block blob storage account. For all other accounts, tiering is allowed only on block blobs and not for append and page blobs. A lifecycle management policy must be read or written in full. Partial updates are not supported. Each rule can have up to 10 case-sensitive prefixes and up to 10 blob index tag conditions. If you enable firewall rules for your storage account, lifecycle management requests may be blocked. You can unblock these requests by providing exceptions for trusted Microsoft services. For more information, see the Exceptions section in Configure firewalls and virtual networks. A lifecycle management policy can't change the tier of a blob that uses an encryption scope. The delete action of a lifecycle management policy won't work with any blob in an immutable container. With an immutable policy, objects can be created and read, but not modified or deleted. For more information, see Store business-critical blob data with immutable storage.
upvoted 1 times
vsvaid
8 months, 1 week ago
It seems that if there is zonal redundancy then archive option is not available
upvoted 1 times
NU88
9 months, 2 weeks ago
So am I correct that in case a Storage V2 case that happens to be set as ZRS, although the Lifecycele Management is supported on the Storage v2, but because of the ZRS, the LM will lack of the support to archive to archived tier. Am I right?
upvoted 1 times
Xerinzxx
9 months, 3 weeks ago
1 - storage1, storage2, storage3 2 - storage2
upvoted 1 times
Shalomay
11 months, 1 week ago
This was the last question I saw before entering my exam venue, guess what ? It was my first question, I didn't even bother to read the question. Lol
upvoted 9 times
Ram9198
12 months ago
Correct Answer: 1 - storage1, storage2, storage3 2 - storage1 and storage 2 only
upvoted 1 times
Prasis
1 year ago
correct answer. 1 - storage1, storage2, storage3 2 - storage2
upvoted 1 times
Denis_Raymond
1 year ago
This came in the exam early this week. 1 - storage1, storage2, storage3 2 - storage2
upvoted 5 times
imtihon
1 year ago
These kind of questions are so ridiculous. Who is supposed to memorize and remember such minute nuances in real life?
upvoted 6 times
lahart99
1 year, 1 month ago
People who pass the exam did you study all questions here? and if yes, did you see word for word or different wording but questions from here?
upvoted 2 times
Spoon3r
1 year, 1 month ago
Look out for wording differences. Remember to just read the question. I have always finished my exams with tons of time to spare
upvoted 1 times
DimsumDestroyer
1 year, 1 month ago
I'm not even sure if there is even a sound reasoning as to why zone-redundant is not supported by archive tier. This sounds absolutely arbitrary to me.
upvoted 3 times
maxsteele
1 year ago
"absolutely arbitrary" seems to be Azure's specialty LOL
upvoted 2 times
rajk22
1 year, 1 month ago
In the above question I see RA-GRS provided and not RA-GZRS , so does it mean that the storage account 2 will have access to archieve tier
upvoted 1 times
Mehedi007
1 year, 2 months ago
1) storage1, storage2, storage3 "Lifecycle management policies are supported for block blobs and append blobs in general-purpose v2, premium block blob, and Blob Storage accounts." https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/lifecycle-management-overview 2) storage2 "The archive tier isn't supported for ZRS, GZRS, or RA-GZRS accounts." https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/access-tiers-overview#archive-access-tier
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...