exam questions

Exam AZ-104 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AZ-104 exam

Exam AZ-104 topic 3 question 57 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 57
Topic #: 3
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have an Azure subscription that contains a storage account named storage1.

You plan to create a blob container named container1.

You need to use customer-managed key encryption for container1.

Which key should you use?

• A. an EC key that uses the P-384 curve only
  • B. an EC key that uses the P-521 curve only
  • C. an EC key that uses the P-384 curve or P-521 curve only
  • D. an RSA key with a key size of 4096 only
  • E. an RSA key type with a key size of 2048, 3072, or 4096 only
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: E 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
nmnm22
Highly Voted 1 year ago
what kinda $hit question IS THIS
upvoted 101 times
maki999
4 months ago
you really made me laugh, I thought the same :)
upvoted 3 times
Muffay
Highly Voted 1 year, 9 months ago
Selected Answer: E
Provided answer E is correct. "Azure storage encryption supports RSA and RSA-HSM keys of sizes 2048, 3072 and 4096" https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/customer-managed-keys-overview#enable-customer-managed-keys-for-a-storage-account
upvoted 37 times
SeMo0o0o0o
Most Recent 1 month ago
E is correct
upvoted 1 times
Forkbeard
5 months, 1 week ago
I *can* use an RSA key type with a key size of 2048, 3072 or 4096. I *should* use only 4096. The question doesn't provide compelling reasons to use a weaker key size. As a non-native speaker, the wording in this question is confusing to me.
upvoted 2 times
WeepingMaplte
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Easy question. Search customer-managed key encryption in MS Learn. Reference: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/customer-managed-keys-overview#:~:text=Azure%20storage%20encryption%20supports%20RSA%20and%20RSA%2DHSM%20keys%20of%20sizes%202048%2C%203072%20and%204096
upvoted 1 times
Amir1909
6 months, 2 weeks ago
E is correct
upvoted 3 times
c5ad307
8 months, 1 week ago
It would be better if the question asked about the suppoted types instead of what should you use or the answer. One could think that he should use RSA with the stronger key, so picks the wrong answer
upvoted 3 times
NoNo
1 year, 6 months ago
hmm... chatGPT (if you want to believe AI) says... "E" To use customer-managed key encryption for a blob container in Azure, you can use either an RSA key or an Elliptic Curve (EC) key. The minimum key size for an RSA key is 2048 bits, and the key size can be 2048, 3072, or 4096 bits. The recommended key size for an EC key is at least 256 bits. Therefore, the correct answer is E. an RSA key type with a key size of 2048, 3072, or 4096 only.
upvoted 7 times
UmbongoDrink
1 year, 7 months ago
Azure storage encryption supports RSA and RSA-HSM keys of sizes 2048, 3072 and 4096. For more information about keys, see About keys.
upvoted 5 times
zellck
1 year, 8 months ago
E is the answer. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/customer-managed-keys-overview#enable-customer-managed-keys-for-a-storage-account Azure storage encryption supports RSA and RSA-HSM keys of sizes 2048, 3072 and 4096.
upvoted 3 times
MP26
1 year, 8 months ago
Answer E is correct. Azure Container Registry supports only RSA or RSA-HSM keys. Elliptic-curve keys aren't currently supported.
upvoted 4 times
YokuboE
1 year, 9 months ago
E is correct, I agree with Muffay
upvoted 2 times
khaled_razouk
1 year, 9 months ago
sorry i have to change my opinion i'll go with E too
upvoted 1 times
kameltz
1 year, 9 months ago
Answer is correct, RSA keys must be minimum 2048 bits in length. see URL https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/secure-file-transfer-protocol-support
upvoted 1 times
khaled_razouk
1 year, 9 months ago
Selected Answer: C
i will go with option c To use customer-managed key encryption for container1 in Azure Storage, you can follow these steps: Create a key vault in Azure. This will be used to store the encryption key that you will use for customer-managed key encryption. Create an encryption key in the key vault. You can use an EC key that uses the P-384 curve or P-521 curve, or an RSA key with a key size of 2048, 3072, or 4096. Grant the Azure Storage account access to the key vault. You will need to do this in order for Azure Storage to be able to access the encryption key and use it for customer-managed key encryption. Set the encryption key on the container1 container. You can do this using Azure PowerShell, Azure CLI, or the Azure Storage REST API. Enable customer-managed key encryption on the container1 container. You can do this using Azure PowerShell, Azure CLI, or the Azure Storage REST API. Once you have completed these steps, container1 will be encrypted with customer-managed key encryption using the encryption key in the key vault
upvoted 1 times
Driede
1 year, 6 months ago
Where did you get you can use EC keys?
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...