Exam AZ-104 topic 3 question 50 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 50
Topic #: 3
[All AZ-104 Questions]

HOTSPOT
-

You have an Azure subscription.

You plan to deploy a storage account named storage1 by using the following Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template.

For each of the following statements, select Yes if the statement is hue. Otherwise, select No.

NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
buzzerboy
Highly Voted 1 year, 9 months ago
N-N-Y deleteRetentionPolicy is 7 days, so can not be restored after 7 days. Means, backup is deleted after 7 days. allowBlobPublicAccess is true, so anyone can access the blob, not just on Azure. kind is Standard_LRS, so 3 local copies are stored.
upvoted 69 times
RougePotatoe
1 year, 8 months ago
For #1 I don't think there is a retention policy listed for storage 1. There is a retention policy listed for microsoft.storage/storageaccounts/blobservices which would not apply to storage 1 since that rule is for the container in storage 1.
upvoted 2 times
Moradiya
Highly Voted 1 year, 9 months ago
This was came in exam on 01/04/23
upvoted 30 times
Moradiya
1 year, 9 months ago
I chose selected answer only and cleared exam with 870+
upvoted 11 times
ahmed525
1 year, 8 months ago
Are these dumps enough to clear the exam?
upvoted 3 times
areyoushawtho
2 weeks, 6 days ago
No, I would recommend study first to get an overall good idea on the subject, then use these questions to perfect the specific knowledge required. Make sure when doing the questions you look up the reasons for getting the answers wrong and right
upvoted 1 times
GBAU
1 year, 7 months ago
If you understand the answers to the questions, not just memorise them. Also if you don't make mistakes on the exam like ignoring the word 'only' in the second question...
upvoted 8 times
obaali1990
1 year, 6 months ago
I am happy for you
upvoted 3 times
SeMo0o0o0o
Most Recent 1 month ago
CORRECT No (deleteRetentionPolicy is 7 days, it will be deleted after 7 days) No (allowBlobPublicAccess is enabled, anyone can access) Yes (standard LRS = 3 copies)
upvoted 1 times
Amir1909
6 months, 2 weeks ago
Given answer is right
upvoted 2 times
1828b9d
7 months, 1 week ago
This question was in exam 01/03/2024
upvoted 5 times
ajdann
1 year, 1 month ago
What is the difference between restorePolicy, deleteRetentionPolicy, and containerDeleteRetentionPolicy? And how is it all affected by the versioning enabled?
upvoted 4 times
Z_MU
1 year, 3 months ago
I believe it is Y-N-Y Blob versioning is enabled so you can roll back the changes before or after 7 days as per below reference https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/versioning-enable?tabs=portal https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/versioning-overview Let me know if I misunderstood the question or the references above.
upvoted 3 times
Z_MU
1 year, 3 months ago
Also by enabling the restore option it also enables the blob versioning by default, see reference below, but the real question here is "is blob versioning affected by the defined retention policies?" https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-account-create?toc=%2Fazure%2Fstorage%2Fblobs%2Ftoc.json&bc=%2Fazure%2Fstorage%2Fblobs%2Fbreadcrumb%2Ftoc.json&tabs=azure-portal#data-protection-tab
upvoted 3 times
maxsteele
1 year ago
but the rentention policy is only for 6 days. So if you need data from day 7 youre out of luck. You can only go back 6 days. The delete retention is 7 days but that only applies for data that is deleted right? I guess the question becomes "when data 'expires' in the retention policy is it deleted?"
upvoted 1 times
maxsteele
1 year ago
after reading your sources I agree with you Z_MU
upvoted 1 times
ignorica
11 months ago
If VERSIONING and soft delete are both enabled for a storage account, then when you DELETE a blob, the CURRENT version of the blob becomes a PREVIOUS version. No NEW version is created and no soft-deleted snapshots are created. The soft delete RETENTION period isn't in effect for the deleted blob => I'd guess that one is deleted (former versions remain)
upvoted 1 times
AzZnLuVaBoI
1 year, 6 months ago
On the Exam 3/29/23.
upvoted 9 times
shadad
1 year, 7 months ago
I took Exam of Azure- 104 at 27/2/2023 I score 920 points out of 1000 points. This was on it and my answer was: N-N-Y
upvoted 12 times
ConanBarb
1 year, 7 months ago
N-N-Y Regarding the first question and why it is not "Yes": "Changes made to the data in stage1 can be rolled back after seven days." IMHO, it has nothing to do with deleteRetentionPolicy ("soft delete" in portal), that is set to enabled and with 7 days to retain, but with restorePolicy ("point-in-time restore" in portal) that is set to enabled but with maximum of 6 days ago. Se the portal for creating a Storage Account on tab Data protection. A maximum of 6 days ago to restore means that a change made 7 days before cannot (always) be restored - Hence "No".
upvoted 29 times
NItesh
1 year, 7 months ago
Point 1 should be YES, Questions is asking about Changes made to data, it is not saying deleted data. We have 7 days retention policy for deleted data, no such policy for changes. Since data versioning is enabled, you can roll back the changes made 7 days before.
upvoted 4 times
oxaytol
1 year, 7 months ago
This is the right answer!!!! 1st -> Y -> Question is about CHANGES not delete of data, so since versioning is enabled you can rollback a change after 7 days (if it's not a data delete). 2nd -> N -> Access is public and is not related to where storage account is published. 3rd -> Y -> LRS offers 3 local copies for the resource.
upvoted 3 times
kleinvuur
1 year, 5 months ago
It says after 7 days, you are correct you can go back until 7 days.
upvoted 1 times
Gnilre93
11 months, 1 week ago
The restore policy in the picture is set to 6 days - so the 1st is N
upvoted 1 times
certainly
1 month, 2 weeks ago
restorePolicy only effect to delete. not update of file. I agree with @oxaytol the correct answer is YNY
upvoted 1 times
Driede
1 year, 5 months ago
The first statement of the exercise states "rolled back". This refers to the point-in-time restore (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/point-in-time-restore-overview) which for the configuration given is 6 days. With blob versions you can see the data of the previous version and overwrite the blob with that version but it won't be a rollback.
upvoted 1 times
zellck
1 year, 8 months ago
NNY is the answer. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/soft-delete-container-overview Container soft delete protects your data from being accidentally deleted by maintaining the deleted data in the system for a specified period of time. During the retention period, you can restore a soft-deleted container and its contents to the container's state at the time it was deleted. After the retention period has expired, the container and its contents are permanently deleted. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-redundancy#redundancy-in-the-primary-region Data in an Azure Storage account is always replicated three times in the primary region.
upvoted 3 times
vitodobra
1 year, 9 months ago
Respuesta correcta.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...