Exam AZ-900 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AZ-900 exam

Exam AZ-900 topic 1 question 35 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-900
Question #: 35
Topic #: 1
[All AZ-900 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
For each of the following statements, select Yes if the statement is true. Otherwise, select No.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: Yes -
Traditionally, IT expenses have been considered a Capital Expenditure (CapEx). Today, with the move to the cloud and the pay-as-you-go model, organizations have the ability to stretch their budgets and are shifting their IT CapEx costs to Operating Expenditures (OpEx) instead. This flexibility, in accounting terms, is now an option due to the ג€as a Serviceג€ model of purchasing software, cloud storage and other IT related resources.

Box 2: No -
Two virtual machines using the same size could have different disk configurations. Therefore, the monthly costs could be different.

Box 3: Yes -
When an Azure virtual machine is stopped, you don't pay for the virtual machine. However, you do still pay for the storage costs associated to the virtual machine.
The most common storage costs are for the disks attached to the virtual machines. There are also other storage costs associated with a virtual machine such as storage for diagnostic data and virtual machine backups.
References:
https://meritsolutions.com/capex-vs-opex-cloud-computing-blog/

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Rohanmore5
Highly Voted 4 years, 8 months ago
Correct. Y,N,Y. Storage cost are separate. In Azure stopping VM and de-allocating / deleting VM is different. If you stop VM still you need storage space to store VM image and which will cost you. Cost is Azure have different meters so VM costly will be possibly different at end of month.
upvoted 74 times
thakur
Highly Voted 4 years, 11 months ago
Correct
upvoted 43 times
jeevanss
Most Recent 7 months, 3 weeks ago
Correct YNY
upvoted 1 times
ogmandalorian
1 year, 6 months ago
Yes, No, Yes.
upvoted 1 times
Daniel_Angelo
1 year, 8 months ago
The Azure provides resources in OpEx, I understand CapEx is a resource of data center local. Maybe the flexibility saied is the client use reference own datacenter witch resources of the Azure.
upvoted 3 times
luckygil
1 year, 8 months ago
Azure is a cloud computing platform and service provided by Microsoft. As a cloud computing service, Azure provides customers with the ability to consume computing resources on a pay-per-use basis, which is typically classified as an operating expense (OpEx) rather than a capital expense (CapEx). Customers can use Azure to access a wide range of computing resources, such as virtual machines, storage, and networking, without the need to purchase and maintain their own hardware. This pay-as-you-go model allows customers to scale up or down their usage of computing resources based on their business needs, and pay only for what they use, similar to a utility bill. While Azure may not provide CapEx in the traditional sense, it does allow customers to potentially reduce their CapEx by reducing the need to purchase and maintain their own hardware. Additionally, Azure offers some purchasing options, such as reserved instances, which can provide cost savings for customers who commit to using specific computing resources for a set period of time.
upvoted 3 times
Kanders
1 year, 8 months ago
1. Yes 2. No - depends on the compute usage of each VM 3. Yes - storage is separate.
upvoted 4 times
TungstonTim
1 year, 9 months ago
This is poorly worded question. Once you stop the VM, you don't pay for the VM specifically, but you do pay for any data associated with the VM. Also, some VMs still do charge while others (Unbuuntu) do not without associated data.
upvoted 3 times
MattRam
1 year, 5 months ago
Many of the questions are open to different valid interpretations which - if as the courseware suggests - you could DESCRIBE rather than just give a binary answer then you could prove to the examiner you have a command of the subject.
upvoted 1 times
KenWaterston
2 years ago
Meters for storage are separate from Meters for VM, the second question is correct, but, it is because of varying consumption, not varying storage... in the bill, the VM storage is on a Storage meter, segregating it's cost from the VM. To combine them, I think you have to tag them...
upvoted 1 times
DivyaDhamija
2 years, 2 months ago
i am unable to select the answers. Are these screenshots and not actual test? Apologies, I am new to ExamTopics
upvoted 2 times
Sarmad_Mansour
1 year, 9 months ago
Yes, These are screenshots.
upvoted 1 times
Pa1theAchiever
2 years, 3 months ago
Yes No Yes
upvoted 1 times
Pora2000
2 years, 7 months ago
Not sure how Azure provide CAP-Ex. I see it provides Op-Ex if you already have on-prem.
upvoted 5 times
mode
2 years, 7 months ago
Azure RI is an example of CAPEX in Azure.
upvoted 6 times
rameshsee
2 years, 8 months ago
Yes, No, Yes,
upvoted 2 times
joergsi
2 years, 9 months ago
Don't get the Answer A. CapEx means, I pay in beforehand. Is this part of an Azure Subscription, my understanding is, I pay monthly?
upvoted 1 times
Vagran7
2 years, 9 months ago
A is subjective. If only Azure is used it is purely OpEx (Operational Expense, monthly billing). If a hybrid on prem and cloud solution is used then yes, both CapEx (Capital Expense, upfront cost of hardware like servers, storage and networking) and OpEx are a factor and you can balance what suites each budget. So it is flexible from that point of view but not the first. The question is not very clear.
upvoted 11 times
PDR
2 years, 5 months ago
IMHO it is quite clear as there is flexibility to use CapEx or OpEx for example by PAYG monthly for VMs (OpEx) or by using reserved instances 1 or 3 years paid up front (CapEx)
upvoted 4 times
mrgilbe1
2 years, 9 months ago
I don't understand how 'Azure provides capex/opex flexibility'. If it's azure - it's opex. There is no flexibility to use capex with Azure services.
upvoted 7 times
glhs
2 years, 11 months ago
Correct
upvoted 1 times
Sivashankarrp
3 years ago
Y,N,Y is the correct..
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...