Exam PL-300 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PL-300 exam

Exam PL-300 topic 3 question 35 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-300
Question #: 35
Topic #: 3
[All PL-300 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You need to create a Power BI report. The first page of the report must contain the following two views:
✑ Sales By Postal Code
✑ Sales by Month
Both views must display a slicer to select a value for a field named Chain.
The Sales By Postal Code view must display a map visual as shown in the following exhibit.

The Sales By Month view must display a column chart visual as shown in the following exhibit.

Users must be able to switch between the views by using buttons on the report page. The selected Chain field must be maintained when switching between views.
What is the minimum number of bookmarks required, and which property should you apply to each bookmark? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: 2 -
One for each visual.
Note: When you edit a report in Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service, you can add report bookmarks to capture the current state of a report page.
Bookmarks save the current filters and slicers, cross-highlighted visuals, sort order, and so on. When others view your report, they can get back to that exact state by selecting your saved bookmark.

Box 2: Display -
Users must be able to switch between the views by using buttons on the report page. The selected Chain field must be maintained when switching between views.
You can select whether each bookmark will apply Data properties, such as filters and slicers; Display properties, such as spotlight and its visibility; and Current page changes, which present the page that was visible when the bookmark was added. These capabilities are useful when you use bookmarks to switch between report views or selections of visuals, in which case you'd likely want to turn off data properties, so that filters aren't reset when users switch views by selecting a bookmark.
Note: When you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

The current page -

Filters -
Slicers, including slicer type (for example, dropdown or list) and slicer state
Visual selection state (such as cross-highlight filters)

Sort order -

Drill location -
Visibility of an object (by using the Selection pane)
The focus or Spotlight mode of any visible object
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Aiti
Highly Voted 2 years ago
-2 -Display
upvoted 28 times
0e18c76
5 months, 2 weeks ago
Correct answer! Tested and it worked as expected. Magic and beautiful way to promote interaction.
upvoted 2 times
Dani_eL
Highly Voted 7 months, 3 weeks ago
2 bookmarks -DISPLAY. It took me a while to reproduce the case study. Let me explain. I have one report with two visuals, sales by Country, sales by month. I add a slicer >option style: Tile Then on the View Menu > Show Panes sub menu, i Click Selection -> displays Selection Panes. In the pane, I hide Sales by Country. I create a bookmark named Sales By Month. My bookmark only needs to react on visibility of the visual, not the data so I uncheck data and i keep DISPLAY Then I show Sales by country and I hide Sales By Month. I create a bookmark named Sales by Country. In INSERT menu > Elements I add a Bookmark button named Sales by country > action bookmark : SalesByCountry. Same operation for Sales by Month. I test the behaviour : Ctrl click on Sales by country button will only show the corresponding visual and will not change the slicer. SO, I used 2 bookmarks with the Display option checked and the data option unchecked.
upvoted 8 times
rcaliandro
Most Recent 2 months ago
2, Display. The answer is correct
upvoted 1 times
b7c21a9
6 months, 4 weeks ago
28-Mar-24 - This Q came up
upvoted 8 times
Harish_98
12 months ago
How come 2, we need 4 book marks right, 2 for chain and 2 for visual!?
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
6 months, 1 week ago
2 bookmars, because slicers will be a part of bookmarks not bookmarks themselves
upvoted 1 times
SamiaAwais
1 year, 1 month ago
It should be DATA! The selected Chain field must be maintained when switching between views. If data is unchecked, the selection of slicer would remain in effect, otherwise it will reset!
upvoted 7 times
MoxieTT
1 year, 3 months ago
This was in the exam
upvoted 6 times
Shalaleh
1 year, 5 months ago
Guys! watch this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPyK3mfIwmU&t=14s it should be DATA
upvoted 8 times
Mo2011
5 months ago
This video tells us NOT to apply the data property
upvoted 3 times
SamiaAwais
1 year, 1 month ago
I also thought the same, missed the point , "which property should you apply to each bookmark" which means DISPLAY is correct.
upvoted 3 times
a041a7d
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Agreed with SamiaAwais. You want to UNSELECT data so the filters applied at a point in time are NOT saved with the bookmark.
upvoted 1 times
Flaty
1 year, 8 months ago
- 2 - Data (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks?tabs=powerbi-desktop)
upvoted 5 times
Flaty
1 year, 7 months ago
...my bad, it is Display for the second option. ...which property has to be "applied" (which is only Display) not "unchecked"
upvoted 7 times
charles879987
1 year, 8 months ago
Does this mean display property is "unchecked" to maintain the currently selected chain while switching between sales by zip or city?
upvoted 1 times
charles879987
1 year, 8 months ago
Does this mean display property is "unchecked" to maintain the currently selected chain while switching between sales by zip or month(typo)?
upvoted 1 times
AshND
1 year, 4 months ago
This means Display property is applied or checked.
upvoted 1 times
PaweuG
1 year, 8 months ago
- 2 - Display
upvoted 3 times
Bin_Hashim
1 year, 10 months ago
Correct.
upvoted 2 times
YokoSumiGaeshi
1 year, 11 months ago
"The selected Chain field must be maintained when switching between views." We need 4 bookmarks: - Sales By Postal Code filtered on Fashions Direct - Sales By Postal Code filtered on Lindsey - Sales By Month filtered on Fashions Direct - Sales By Month filtered on Lindsey If we have only one bookmark per visual, these bookmarks will only preserve one possible value of the Chain filter. For instance, you created your bookmarks with Sales By Postal Code filtered on Fashions Direct and Sales By Month filtered on Fashions Direct. You are currently viewing Sales By Postal Code filtered on Fashions Direct, and you decide to click on the slicer to filter on Lindsey instead. Then you click on your button to change the visual to Sales By Month, but the slicer value will change to Fashions Direct. It will not retain the value Lindsey.
upvoted 8 times
YokoSumiGaeshi
1 year, 11 months ago
My bad. By default my reasoning is right, but it is possible to disable the "Data" part of the bookmark so that the slicer value is retained while changing the type of visual. So 2 is the correct answer.
upvoted 7 times
lukelin08
1 year, 10 months ago
Given answer is correct, 2 bookmarks and Display. https://www.wiseowl.co.uk/blog/s2583/bookmarks-data.htm https://www.wiseowl.co.uk/blog/s2583/bookmarks-display.htm
upvoted 5 times
dorypl300
2 years ago
Correct
upvoted 7 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...