Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam PL-300 topic 2 question 23 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-300
Question #: 23
Topic #: 2
[All PL-300 Questions]

In Power BI Desktop, you are building a sales report that contains two tables. Both tables have row-level security (RLS) configured.
You need to create a relationship between the tables. The solution must ensure that bidirectional cross-filtering honors the RLS settings.
What should you do?

• A. Create an inactive relationship between the tables and select Apply security filter in both directions.
  • B. Create an active relationship between the tables and select Apply security filter in both directions.
  • C. Create an inactive relationship between the tables and select Assume referential integrity.
  • D. Create an active relationship between the tables and select Assume referential integrity.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️
By default, row-level security filtering uses single-directional filters, whether the relationships are set to single direction or bi-directional. You can manually enable bi-directional cross-filtering with row-level security by selecting the relationship and checking the Apply security filter in both directions checkbox. Select this option when you've also implemented dynamic row-level security at the server level, where row-level security is based on username or login ID.

Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-rls

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Dr_Do
Highly Voted 1 year, 9 months ago
Selected Answer: B
No point of discussion. RLS works through ACTIVE links, so inactive will simply no work!
upvoted 25 times
Namenick10
Highly Voted 1 year, 11 months ago
Answer is B
upvoted 19 times
DAPALAS
Most Recent 6 days, 12 hours ago
On the exam today 01-09-2024. Learn by heart every single question and answer, reviewing comments and you’ll pass. 85% from here. 😄
upvoted 1 times
rcaliandro
3 weeks ago
I totally agree with you, guys! B - Create an active relationship between the tables and select Apply security filter in both directions
upvoted 1 times
Kiran37
1 month, 2 weeks ago
correct answer
upvoted 1 times
LL_Seva
5 months ago
I passed the exam on 5 April 2024 (906/1000). My answer was: B
upvoted 2 times
Giuditta
5 months, 3 weeks ago
this was on exam on 14/03/2024 i scored 948 my answer was B
upvoted 3 times
LL_Seva
6 months, 2 weeks ago
B is the answer
upvoted 1 times
MayurV19
8 months, 2 weeks ago
Correct answer. RLS only works with active relationships. So, there is no question of building inactive relationships here. Also, we have the set the bi-directional filtering as expected and asked in the question.
upvoted 1 times
Dsbuff
8 months, 3 weeks ago
B is the correct answer.
upvoted 1 times
Igetmyrole
1 year ago
B is the correct answer. It enables the bidirectional cross-filtering and respects the RLS settings, ensuring that data in both tables is filtered based on the RLS rules applied to the user.
upvoted 1 times
SamuComqi
1 year, 1 month ago
I passed the exam today (948/1000). My answer was: - Create an active relationship between the tables and select Apply security filter in both directions
upvoted 11 times
rayan013
1 year ago
HELLO , the question in exam was same as here?
upvoted 2 times
RazaTheLegend
1 year, 4 months ago
B Is the answer. By default RLS has single direction filter but we should create both directional filter and check mark the apply security filter in both directions
upvoted 3 times
yordiye
1 year, 7 months ago
B Is the answer. By default RLS has single direction filter but we should create both directional filter and check mark the apply security filter in both directions
upvoted 1 times
chellyAh
1 year, 8 months ago
Answer is B
upvoted 1 times
lukelin08
1 year, 11 months ago
B is correct
upvoted 3 times
mahtab
1 year, 11 months ago
B is correct
upvoted 4 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...