Exam PL-300 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PL-300 exam

Exam PL-300 topic 3 question 13 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-300
Question #: 13
Topic #: 3
[All PL-300 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You need to create a visual as shown in the following exhibit.

The indicator color for Total Sales will be based on % Growth to Last Year.
The solution must use the existing calculations only.
How should you configure the visual? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: Background color -
To apply conditional formatting, select a Table or Matrix visualization in Power BI Desktop. In the Visualizations pane, right-click or select the down-arrow next to the field in the Values well that you want to format. Select Conditional formatting, and then select the type of formatting to apply.

Box 2: Rules -
To format cell background or font color by rules, in the Format by field of the Background color or Font color dialog box, select Rules.

Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-conditional-table-formatting

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
RichardOgoma
Highly Voted 2 years, 1 month ago
Background color; format by field value because the formatting is based ON AN EXISTING CALCULATION
upvoted 25 times
Shalaleh
1 year, 6 months ago
If you look you will see for example for a RANGE of numbers they use green. but Field value is for SPECIFIC value not a range.
upvoted 4 times
Fer079
2 years, 1 month ago
Background color Rules the existing calculation refers to the measure "% Growth to Last Year" and not about an extra column with the color name
upvoted 82 times
RichardOgoma
2 years ago
From my experience, you can format with a measure. In fact the measure can be an if statement with a hex code to manipulate the color on the visual based on another field.
upvoted 2 times
Fer079
2 years ago
Exactly, here what we have to calculate is the color based on the measure through the rules, because it does not say anything regarding having a column (or as you say "field") informing about the color
upvoted 6 times
PCCCCCC
1 year, 11 months ago
Bg color and should be based on Rules, we cannot add a measure in Field Value section.
upvoted 9 times
Deepak_098
1 year, 10 months ago
We can add a measure in field value
upvoted 3 times
pisanoagus
Highly Voted 1 year, 8 months ago
Tested -- Background Color / Rules (You can't add a measure for the 'Field Value' option)
upvoted 17 times
rcaliandro
Most Recent 2 months ago
The answer is correct: Background color, rules
upvoted 1 times
Ron256
4 months, 1 week ago
I did my exam on 6/15/2024. Score: 850 This question was on the exam. Please go through the all the set of questions at least twice. Good luck.
upvoted 8 times
JOJ990
1 year, 3 months ago
Hi guys, wanna ask those who'r passed the pl-300 exam did they study pages after 22, cause its not free ? should we pay for pages 1-22 are enough pls any recommendation ?
upvoted 2 times
miro26
1 year, 3 months ago
Background color Rules
upvoted 3 times
MoxieTT
1 year, 3 months ago
Fairly sure this was on the exam
upvoted 2 times
prikha16
1 year, 4 months ago
Why cant we use Color scale?- Background color and color scale
upvoted 1 times
akBeater
10 months, 2 weeks ago
I think because that would not result in 3 colors like in the picture, instead a whole scale of colors. So a ligher and darker green, yellow and red for each different value
upvoted 1 times
Shalaleh
1 year, 5 months ago
Background Color and rules.
upvoted 3 times
RazaTheLegend
1 year, 6 months ago
Just for clarification, Background and rules seems like a correct answer. However, you CAN add a measure in Field which specifies colors based on hex codes. Those saying you cannot use a measure in Fields are completely wrong.
upvoted 3 times
zakikhurshid
1 year, 8 months ago
Just for clarification, Background and rules seems like a correct answer. However, you CAN add a measure in Field which specifies colors based on hex codes. Those saying you cannot use a measure in Fields are completely wrong. You just need to change the measure to TEXT rather than keeping it in Numerical format. Try it and let me know.
upvoted 3 times
jsking
1 year, 10 months ago
Background Rules I have done this many times than I can count lol
upvoted 5 times
PsgFe
1 year, 10 months ago
calculate background color based on a rule using measurement. correct
upvoted 2 times
csillag
1 year, 10 months ago
Background color, format by rules is the correct answer
upvoted 3 times
Patrick666
1 year, 10 months ago
Background color Rules
upvoted 3 times
lcamp
1 year, 10 months ago
Background Color and Rules - is the correct answer.
upvoted 4 times
lukelin08
1 year, 10 months ago
Given answer is correct
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...