View all questions & answers for the PL-300 exam

Exam PL-300 topic 13 question 1 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-300
Question #: 1
Topic #: 13
[All PL-300 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You publish the dataset to powerbi.com.
For each of the following statements, select Yes if the statement is true. Otherwise, select No.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
fdsdfgxcvbdsfhshfg
Highly Voted 2 years, 1 month ago
No (it's Azure SQLDB; cloud based) No (we need Direct Query) No (we use Azure AD; OAuth2)
upvoted 68 times
NotMeAnyWay
Highly Voted 1 year, 12 months ago
No - Azure SQL Server, therefore no need for an on-premise Gateway as Service and Azure are in the cloud. No - DirectQuery mode for the DB connection, so no need to schedule a refresh. DirectQuery is a live connection. No - Azure SQL supports the following connections from Power BI: Windows, Database and Microsoft Account. (Basic is reserved for Power Query Online. Do not confuse Database with Basic.): https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/azuresqldatabase https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-azure-sql-database-with-direct-connect
upvoted 23 times
HenryBiz
Most Recent 4 months, 1 week ago
from the link https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/azure-sql-database. It states in the summary section that, "Authentication types supported Windows (Power BI Desktop, Excel, Power Query Online with gateway) Database (Power BI Desktop, Excel) Microsoft Account (all) Basic (Power Query Online) Service Principal" So for the 3rd statement, I think it is "YES".
upvoted 1 times
CMPB
9 months, 4 weeks ago
in the exam today, 12/30/2023
upvoted 8 times
madyjoe21
8 months, 2 weeks ago
and your answers were?
upvoted 1 times
AKUMAR2104
1 year, 3 months ago
on exam today
upvoted 2 times
Madalina1
1 year, 1 month ago
and the right answer is?
upvoted 1 times
rmeng
1 year, 5 months ago
Guys, take into account (Direct Query) = Oauth2. There is no Basic connection No No No
upvoted 4 times
UlyUkr
1 year, 5 months ago
No, No, No.
upvoted 3 times
nmosq
1 year, 9 months ago
No, it's a Azure SQL DB - No nned to use gateway No, we use Direct Query, so no need to set refresh schedules Yes, it says: "yon can use..." not "you can ONLY use", which is true, we can use basic or OAuth2
upvoted 5 times
youssef_yt89
1 year, 9 months ago
No No Yes
upvoted 2 times
Chokochoko
1 year, 10 months ago
The third question stated that "you can use" which I feel it's a question of Yes, I can or No, I can't. Since we can use it, then I am of the opinion that YES is the right answer
upvoted 2 times
AzureJobsTillRetire
1 year, 10 months ago
Box1: No Here below is directly copied from PowerBI service gateway connection configuration page for a dataset that comes out of an Azure SQL database. "You don't need a gateway for this dataset, because all of its data sources are in the cloud, but you can use a gateway for enhanced control over how you connect". The question asks if gateway is needed. No you do not need a gateway, but you can use a gateway. Box2: No Again, you do not "need" to configure a scheduled refresh of the dataset if DirectQuery is used, but nothing stops you doing so. Box3: Yes There are two authentication methods, being basic and OAuth2, you might use on the dataset to connect to the database/data. With basic authentication method, you will be asked for user name and password. If you use database credential here, you can use the Basic Authentication method. You can use basic authentication but it does not mean you have to use it.
upvoted 5 times
AzureJobsTillRetire
1 year, 10 months ago
In Question #2Topic 5 we were asked to choose the DirectQuery connection that uses either a database credential or the end-user's credentials. I think most people go with a database credential. In that case, we may use the basic authentication here.
upvoted 3 times
zerone72
2 years ago
1- You definitely don't need a gateway as Azure SQL is could based. 2- The question says that "transactions must be updated within 5 minutes". Therefore, (unless you plan to create a composite model) you should connect to the DB in direct query mode, hence you don't need to schedule any refresh. 3- Azure SQL allow to use OAuth2. This doesn't mean that you can't use basic authentication anymore. The question asks if you CAN use basic authentication and you can still use it, even though you have the option to use azure authentication. In my opinion the answer is : NO, NO , YES !
upvoted 8 times
Wadyba
1 year, 10 months ago
I disagree with you on the 3rd question. The requirement is that Litware uses Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to authenticate users. Requirements must be adhered to.
upvoted 6 times
June15
2 years, 1 month ago
Isn't the Azure SQL database - cloud base? Do we still need gateway?
upvoted 3 times
fdsdfgxcvbdsfhshfg
2 years, 1 month ago
No need for a gateway
upvoted 2 times
Tsuk
2 years ago
It’s because of word “plan to” , I guess
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...