Exam SC-900 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the SC-900 exam

Exam SC-900 topic 1 question 54 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's SC-900
Question #: 54
Topic #: 1
[All SC-900 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
For each of the following statements, select Yes if the statement is true. Otherwise, select No.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: No -
The Microsoft Authenticator app helps you sign in to your accounts when you're using two-factor verification. Two-factor verification helps you to use your accounts more securely because passwords can be forgotten, stolen, or compromised. Two-factor verification uses a second factor like your phone to make it harder for other people to break in to your account.

Box 2: Yes -
In Windows 10, Windows Hello for Business replaces passwords with strong two-factor authentication on devices. This authentication consists of a new type of user credential that is tied to a device and uses a biometric or PIN.

Box 3: No -
Windows Hello credentials are based on certificate or asymmetrical key pair. Windows Hello credentials can be bound to the device, and the token that is obtained using the credential is also bound to the device.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/hello-overview

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Anand_Parappurath
Highly Voted 1 year, 11 months ago
I think Windows hello is single factor authentication and MS Authenticator is used a MFA agent or device or tool. for me the ans is N,Y,N
upvoted 7 times
OG_Diablo
1 year, 9 months ago
Windows Hello for Business actually counts as multi-factor authentication. Because it is something you have (the physical computer) and either something you know (PIN) or something you are (biometrics). You cannot use the MS Authenticator for Windows Hello for Business, as that is something you have on a different device. WHfB is strictly local on the Windows computer. That doesn't change the correct answers, though. They remain N, Y, N.
upvoted 7 times
Ola189
Highly Voted 1 year, 11 months ago
From https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/hello-overview: 'In Windows 10, Windows Hello for Business replaces passwords with strong two-factor authentication on devices. This authentication consists of a new type of user credential that is tied to a device and uses a biometric or PIN.' Answer is correct. (NYN)
upvoted 5 times
user_666
Most Recent 8 months, 1 week ago
had this question on my exam today (01 feb 2024)
upvoted 1 times
Tomix
1 year, 1 month ago
Yes Yes No
upvoted 2 times
RahulX
1 year, 1 month ago
No Yes No
upvoted 1 times
Mehe323
1 year, 2 months ago
The explanation of the first statement is not very clear. You use the app for accounts that have their credentials stored in the cloud. Windows Hello is tied to the device, the account details to login are stored on the device. You can't use the MA app for such a device.
upvoted 2 times
Molota
1 year, 4 months ago
agreed with the given answer
upvoted 1 times
StressFree
1 year, 6 months ago
e o pior q é verdade....
upvoted 1 times
smurferinoatexcel
1 year, 6 months ago
Correct. 1) MS authenticator app is not a part of Windows Hello 2) PIN is considered "something you know" 3) Windows Hello stores authentication information only on the local device
upvoted 2 times
Neeraj1978
1 year, 7 months ago
N,Y,N Windows Hello is a more personal, more secure way to get instant access to your Windows 10 devices using a PIN, facial recognition, or fingerprint. You'll need to set up a PIN as part of setting up fingerprint or facial recognition sign-in, but you can also sign in with just your PIN.
upvoted 1 times
Nicochet
1 year, 7 months ago
No Yes No
upvoted 1 times
Whyiest
1 year, 8 months ago
**Windows Hello for Business MFA:** - Fingerprint - Facial recognition - PIN
upvoted 2 times
FBrabble
1 year, 11 months ago
tricky question but N Y N looks correct as WH4B is a different topic than MFA in this case
upvoted 2 times
SiDoCiOuS
1 year, 11 months ago
On the exam 10/18/2022.
upvoted 3 times
2 years ago
This should be YYN, right?
upvoted 2 times
vskordas
2 years ago
..Then why when I have to login to my bank I use MS Authenticatpr app at my mobile? ..I think MS Authenticator is MFA option.
upvoted 2 times
Mehe323
1 year, 2 months ago
The bank is not a Microsoft service, they are referring to login into Microsoft accounts and devices that are included in Windows Hello for Business. Windows HfB has two main authentication options for device and Microsoft account login: something you have (the device) and something you are (biometric) OR something you know (PIN). https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/hello-for-business/
upvoted 1 times
Zeus009
2 years ago
Agreed
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...