Exam AZ-900 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AZ-900 exam

Exam AZ-900 topic 1 question 199 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-900
Question #: 199
Topic #: 1
[All AZ-900 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
Which node in the Azure portal should you use to assign a user the Reader role for a resource group? To answer, select the node in the answer area.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: Overview -
When you assign roles, you must specify a scope. Scope is the set of resources the access applies to. In Azure, you can specify a scope at four levels from broad to narrow: management group, subscription, resource group, and resource.
1. Sign in to the Azure portal.
2. In the Search box at the top, search for the scope you want to grant access to. For example, search for Management groups, Subscriptions, Resource groups, or a specific resource.
3. Click the specific resource for that scope.
4. The following shows an example resource group.

Box 2: Access control (IAM)
Access control (IAM) is the page that you typically use to assign roles to grant access to Azure resources. It's also known as identity and access management
(IAM) and appears in several locations in the Azure portal.
1. Click Access control (IAM).
The following shows an example of the Access control (IAM) page for a resource group.

2. Click the Role assignments tab to view the role assignments at this scope.
3. Click Add > Add role assignment.
If you don't have permissions to assign roles, the Add role assignment option will be disabled.
4. The Add role assignment page opens.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/role-assignments-portal

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
K2001
Highly Voted 2 years ago
Has anyone actually seen this question on the test? The question asks which node (singular) is to be selected. I don't understand why "Overview" is being highlighted. I would say that "IAM" is the only node that should be selected. So many of the answers to these questions confuse me. Rather than testing your working knowledge of Azure, they test your ability to deconstruct the questions and rationalize the answers.
upvoted 51 times
RougePotatoe
1 year, 8 months ago
Let me give you the typical boomer response. In order for you to support your customer sometimes you have to figure out what they really want to do.
upvoted 8 times
Drchattss
Highly Voted 2 years ago
6/9/22- test but u can ONLY select one
upvoted 33 times
dgerok
Most Recent 11 months, 2 weeks ago
IAM is the right answer.
upvoted 2 times
clever97
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Opción: IAM
upvoted 2 times
pandugadu009
1 year, 1 month ago
got this on 08/11/2023 but had to pick 1 answer and i picked IAM. passed the test with 740 score
upvoted 8 times
Amycert
1 year, 4 months ago
the answer should be just IAM, i checked on the portal
upvoted 4 times
MissLuka
1 year, 6 months ago
I just passed, this question appeared on my exam, there were a lot of questions from examtopic a few new and a few which were changed a bit
upvoted 5 times
nanny123
7 months, 3 weeks ago
everywhere u commentewd same
upvoted 1 times
azirila
1 year, 8 months ago
Identity Acces amnagement is the answer (IAM)
upvoted 8 times
hebbo777
1 year, 9 months ago
Only IAM... Overview nothing to do for role assignment
upvoted 9 times
mircyx
1 year, 9 months ago
I go to "resource gr", I select one of my created resource gr and select overview menu. I didn't find any info about roles assigned or a link to configure RBAM.So only IAM is the corect answer
upvoted 5 times
dolly79
1 year, 10 months ago
Got this on 11/29/2022
upvoted 3 times
kamal_004
1 year, 11 months ago
Access control (IAM) is the page that you typically use to assign roles to grant access to Azure resources.
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...