Exam PL-300 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PL-300 exam

Exam PL-300 topic 2 question 24 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-300
Question #: 24
Topic #: 2
[All PL-300 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You have a column named UnitsInStock as shown in the following exhibit.

UnitsInStock has 75 non-null values, of which 51 are unique.
Use the drop-down menus to select the answer choice that completes each statement based on the information presented in the graphic.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: 75 rows -
Is nullable allows NULL values in the column.

Box 2: reduce -
Reference:
https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2019/01/20/is-nullable-column-property-power-bi/

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Guru1337
Highly Voted 2 years, 1 month ago
If it's the only field in a table only unique values will be shown.
upvoted 55 times
nbn97
2 years, 1 month ago
only distinct values not unique values so the answer is: 75 rows / reduce
upvoted 102 times
Fer079
2 years ago
Exactly, only distinct values but the question says "UnitsInStock has 75 non-null values, of which 51 are unique", so it does not say 75 distinct values, it says 75 with non-null values, so we can have repeated values. Therefore, I would say 51 / decrease
upvoted 21 times
Shalaleh
1 year, 7 months ago
Consider that, this column is in Product dimension table, so all rows are different.
upvoted 3 times
Shalaleh
1 year, 7 months ago
and also should consider the distribution of values in the column is not important, just the number of rows are important, since we have 75 non-null values, then we will have 75 rows.
upvoted 2 times
iccent2
1 year, 10 months ago
No, it cannot display only the unique. You know what that means? It means if you have a number that is distinct but not unique for example, 5,5,5, then it will not capture it because it is not unique. The answer is 75. Unique means it occurs only once in the column which cannot make up the table rows only. I have actually tried this on PBI with some datatset to confirm. For the second question, when you summarise, it will reduce the table. for example, all products with the same productname will return one row if you drag the productname and unitInstock to the table visual.
upvoted 11 times
margarita98
1 year, 10 months ago
In that case, if you have 5,5,5, the five will only show once, meaning it will show 51 rows, not 75
upvoted 5 times
cglax
1 year, 10 months ago
Example: 1,2,3,4,4 contains 5 non-nullable, 4 distinct, 3 unique values. When not summarized and placed in a table, there are 4 rows. The answer to this question should be between 51-75, not one or the other.
upvoted 17 times
Shalaleh
1 year, 7 months ago
Name of products should be unique. but number of Unitsinstock column does not need to be unique. And since this column is in the Product dimension table, the product names are unique and there are 75 product.
upvoted 4 times
gaikwpa
1 year, 3 months ago
Correct Answer - Don't Summarize = 75 and After Summarize = 1
upvoted 7 times
Sophieeeeee
3 months, 1 week ago
If you have tried in PBI, only put that Unitsinstock column in the table, you will know it should be 51.
upvoted 1 times
lmrod
1 year, 2 months ago
Only distinct values will be shown. Unique isnt't the same that distinct
upvoted 20 times
Time2excel
1 year, 3 months ago
The answer is correct. 75 rows / reduce. Tested and agreed.
upvoted 19 times
Maniula
1 year, 3 months ago
It's 51. Table doesn't show duplicated values when there's only one field added. It will show 75 if you set "Summerize by: Count" but Summerize is set to None in the screenshot.
upvoted 7 times
Maniula
1 year, 3 months ago
Nvm, I forgot that unique in Power BI removes the value from Unique count if the value repeats itself
upvoted 2 times
OGESSIUSER
Highly Voted 2 years, 1 month ago
1 - 1 ROW 2 - increase
upvoted 27 times
ThariCD
2 years, 1 month ago
The summarization is set to 'Don't summarize' so you will have 1 row per value, not 1 row total. If you add a summarization it will decrease the number of rows.
upvoted 25 times
hmax56
2 years, 1 month ago
I agree
upvoted 4 times
Namrata_12
2 years, 1 month ago
SO the Answer is- 1. 75Rows, 2. Reduce, right?
upvoted 10 times
Jahanif
9 months, 3 weeks ago
Nice explanation, ThariCD
upvoted 2 times
VGG2001
1 year, 3 months ago
Yes, I created a toy excel sheet and tested it. You are correct! The first time we created a table visual, there is only 1 row in the visual and the summarization is set to "SUM". After we changed the summarization to "Dont summarize", the row increased from 1 row to 51 rows.
upvoted 1 times
VGG2001
1 year, 3 months ago
Sorry for the confusion, I think my answer was wrong. I noticed in the question image the summarization is set to "None", so when you first create the visual, there should be 51 rows. Later change the summarization will change 51 rows to 1 row, so "Reduce"
upvoted 7 times
ReportingPro
7 months, 2 weeks ago
This is correct. I tried and tested.
upvoted 1 times
OGESSIUSER
2 years, 1 month ago
SO it's 51 Reduce
upvoted 35 times
VeroF
2 years, 1 month ago
Answer is correct (51 and Reduce). tested
upvoted 20 times
cglax
1 year, 10 months ago
You did not test. If there are more non-nullable than unique, there will always be more rows than unique. Example: 1,2,3,4,4 has 3 unique, 5 non-nullable, 4 distinct. Placed in a table shows the rows: 1,2,3,4
upvoted 15 times
BiLearn
1 year, 6 months ago
It will be 1- 75 Rows 2. Reduce (Summarize By - Sum; it will return only 1 row in table visual) I have tested..
upvoted 7 times
Sophieeeeee
3 months, 1 week ago
Test. It should be 51. And please note that the Unitsinstock column here is not a number, it is text. There is no Sigma sign in front. So there is no SUM summary.
upvoted 1 times
VGG2001
1 year, 3 months ago
Agreed
upvoted 2 times
539d541
Most Recent 4 weeks ago
The data type is whole number therefore when you add only that field to the table, default summarization will occur - hence only 1 row showing total of all those UnitsInStock Changing the summarization setting is ambiguous since it can be changed to Average, Min, Max etc. I would guess you should say increase though
upvoted 1 times
Monsta
1 month, 2 weeks ago
Correct
upvoted 1 times
rcaliandro
2 months, 1 week ago
So, by default the table contains all the values for a specific field (75 in this case) when we select to don't summarize, then it will be reduced to the number of distinct values (51 in the example). So the given answer is correct
upvoted 1 times
Rayen_BF
2 months, 1 week ago
We assume that our column contains 75 non-null values ​​of which 51 are unique, so we have 63 distinct values ​​that will be visualized in the table, so I don't understand why your answers are 75 rows while in powerbi we don't see repeated values ​​in a table.
upvoted 2 times
Kiran37
3 months ago
correct answer
upvoted 1 times
LITSD
3 months, 1 week ago
The answer is correct. 75 rows / reduce. When added to a table it will show all the non-null values (75). When summarizing by each of those values, then it will only show each discrete value 1 time to show it's frequency of appearance (51 unique characters). 51 < 75 = reduce. Tested and agreed.
upvoted 1 times
Flix
3 months, 1 week ago
Summarize is set to: None, therefore all values will be shown.
upvoted 1 times
Tinashe16
4 months, 4 weeks ago
The question was not well structured, obviously distinct values will be more than 51 (the unique values) since we have 75 non-null values. I happen when you try to theorize practical things.
upvoted 1 times
CookieMingkee
5 months ago
The first question is very tricky. Assuming that the field accept null values and the question says "UnitsInStock has 75 non-null values, of which 51 are unique" should we assume that there is no null value therefor the answer is 75? But what if there is a null value then the answer is 76 that is one (1) null value plus seventy-five (75) non-null values. I tested this with a smaller set of data 14 Distinct (including 1 null value) and 10 unique. With no summarization, my table visual returned 14 rows (representing the distinct value that includes the null value). With summarization, my table visual returned 1 row. Because of that, I will just assume that there are no null values and select 75 for the first question and Decrease to the second question.
upvoted 1 times
MoneyStacking
5 months, 3 weeks ago
For the Guys and Girls, At this page, you will no longer find any free questions from Examtopics. However, if you're hesitant about purchasing Contributor Access, don't hesitate any longer; buy it. It costs only $50 and provides a significant boost to your CV and career. I recently passed with a score of 917 out of 1000. Save yourself time by learning and memorizing all these questions, as 85% of the 50 exam questions were identical to those provided here. Cheers and good luck!
upvoted 2 times
Vidushi101
6 months, 2 weeks ago
The fact that the values are unique or not is not necessary here. If you are visualising the data for a month and plotting a table with unitstocks for each day, thinking that a record or a row will be removed just because two days in a month had same unitstocks is incorrect. Unless you are summarising(aggregating) records will not be removed on grounds that they do not have a unique value. answer would be 75, reduced.
upvoted 1 times
ElieG
6 months, 3 weeks ago
So how should we answer in the exam if we face like this question where no answer is correct.
upvoted 2 times
ElieG
6 months, 3 weeks ago
This question makes no sense: it will be 51 values appearing in the visual table for the unique values PLUS the number of distinct values (it could be 1 value or more... so at least we will get 52 values) We have non-null values but if we have null values they will be added also because we are using YES for "is-nullable", so i think the question is not well formed. (try a column from 1 to 51(distinct values) and continue till 75 as u wish and then create a visualization table) and obviously when summarized the rows will be reduced to one.
upvoted 1 times
kay1101
7 months, 1 week ago
Tried in power bi. when created a table visual with UnitsInStock column(only this column, without ProductID column etc / also without summarization) The number of rows equal the number of distinct values. Since we don't have distinct value here, the answer of first box really depends on how we define [unique]....if unique here = distinct, then 51. if there is ProductID in the table visual then 75.
upvoted 1 times
Fra04
7 months, 3 weeks ago
Domanda nell'esame di oggi
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...