exam questions

Exam PL-300 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PL-300 exam

Exam PL-300 topic 2 question 8 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-300
Question #: 8
Topic #: 2
[All PL-300 Questions]

You have the Power BI model shown in the following exhibit.

A manager can represent only a single country.
You need to use row-level security (RLS) to meet the following requirements:
✑ The managers must only see the data of their respective country.
✑ The number of RLS roles must be minimized.
Which two actions should you perform? Each correct answer presents a complete solution.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

• A. Create a single role that filters Country[Manager_Email] by using the USERNAME DAX function.
  • B. Create a single role that filters Country[Manager_Email] by using the USEROBJECTID DAX function.
  • C. For the relationship between Purchase Detail and Purchase, select Apply security filter in both directions.
  • D. Create one role for each country.
  • E. For the relationship between Purchase and Purchase Detail, change the Cross filter direction to Single.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: AC 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Nurgul
Highly Voted 2 years ago
Selected Answer: AC
The given answer is correct. A. Create a single role that filters Country[Manager_Email] by using the USERNAME DAX function. C.For the relationship between Purchase Detail and Purchase, select Apply security filter in both directions.
upvoted 37 times
Churato
Highly Voted 1 year, 12 months ago
Ok, I agree with A and C but, "Each correct answer presents a complete solution" ? I believe that A and C are each one a part of solution not a complete solution... Am I worng?
upvoted 33 times
Paulkuzzio
7 months, 2 weeks ago
You are very right; C option is not a complete solution.
upvoted 3 times
hsetin
Most Recent 2 weeks, 2 days ago
A and E should be correct answer. A is obvious, and E because there is no reuirement to filter from details.
upvoted 1 times
YuanQingTan
1 month, 3 weeks ago
When RLS is applied, If the security filter in both direction is not applied, that users may or may not see information that is not related to him or her (depending on how the visuals are designed) Enable the security filter in both direction will ensure that only the required information is shown.
upvoted 1 times
zvm
1 month, 4 weeks ago
Selected Answer: AD
A is obvious. C does not represent a complete solution. What would happen if you ONLY apply security filter? What filter?? Security filter does not exist if this needs to be a complete solution. D - the only drawback is that you need a lot of roles.
upvoted 1 times
as198184
2 months ago
the diagram shows the relationship already set as bi directional. Why we need to set this again ?
upvoted 1 times
rcaliandro
2 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: AC
The given answer is correct
upvoted 1 times
rcaliandro
2 months ago
Tested, it is
upvoted 1 times
pbi_da
3 months ago
A&C. To people talking about "complete solutions," consider this: each Correct Selection is worth a point, but each Correct Answer is a complete solution. An Answer is composed of multiple selections, but the Answer itself will be a complete solution (of two parts). Hope this helps.
upvoted 1 times
Kiran37
3 months ago
AC is correct
upvoted 1 times
ykb_proudly_Indian
3 months, 2 weeks ago
I will go with D, E
upvoted 1 times
i.eniolaabolade
2 weeks, 4 days ago
D is wrong. Question says number of roles created must be minimized.
upvoted 1 times
Chellz
4 months, 2 weeks ago
On June 8, 2024 exam
upvoted 1 times
SIH007
5 months, 4 weeks ago
A can't be correct, Create a single role that filters Country[Manager_Email] by using the USERNAME DAX function - USERNAME returns the Username, to get the User-E-Mail you have to use USERPRINCIPALNAME
upvoted 7 times
TMOTM
1 month, 1 week ago
That was my thinking. Using username or UPN creates, effectively, a role per country and needs maintenance. My thinking was using a role per country (which you need anyway) and then you can maintain that way.
upvoted 1 times
HBerg_002
8 months ago
I believe the given answer is not correct. Furthermore, I believe the most selected answer is incorrect as each option selected should be a complete solution. As mentioned in some other comments, the questions says that each solution should be a COMPLETE solution. If you in isolation performs option C, it would not lead to any RLS being applied in the model. If the question were asking for two alternatives that together were a complete solution, A and C would be correct. Hence, one should opt you alternative A and D where A is dynamic RLS and D is static RLS (credit to the individual(s) mentioning this prior to this comment).
upvoted 12 times
Mo2011
5 months ago
But it does NOT minimize the number of roles
upvoted 1 times
JudT
7 months ago
That's right! So the correct answer is A and D in this case ( each solution should be a COMPLETE solution)
upvoted 1 times
Chellz
9 months ago
Selected Answer: AD
A, D. A is dynamic while D is static RLS. Each presents a complete solution. The explanation in C itself is correct but irrelevant. The RLS filter required doesn't come from the Purchase Detail table.
upvoted 11 times
1CY1
1 month, 1 week ago
D is a nonsense answer. In practice you would never do it. I'm going with A, C.
upvoted 1 times
Aldeus
10 months ago
Why in both directions? The RLS filter comes from the Country table and propagates to the Purchase table, the it propagates to the Purchase Detail table. There's no RLS filter coming from the Purchase Detail table, which it'll justify the use of RLS in both directions.
upvoted 4 times
Hyla
11 months, 3 weeks ago
OK, given the options, it seems to me that A and C are correct. But wouldn't it be "more" correct for "Apply security filter in both directions" to be between the tables Country and Purchase? Thanks in advance for any feedback
upvoted 4 times
vikjos4
11 months ago
Shouldn't we use the USERPRINCIPALNAME function DAX as it pertains to the email column?
upvoted 9 times
RMUK
1 year ago
I think it should be AE, Instead of applying bidirectional security, good to flow data in single direction and it does meet the requirement and best practice as well.
upvoted 8 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...