exam questions

Exam AZ-900 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AZ-900 exam

Exam AZ-900 topic 1 question 101 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-900
Question #: 101
Topic #: 1
[All AZ-900 Questions]

This question requires that you evaluate the underlined text to determine if it is correct.
Resource groups provide organizations with the ability to manage the compliance of Azure resources across multiple subscriptions.
Instructions: Review the underlined text. If it makes the statement correct, select `No change is needed`. If the statement is incorrect, select the answer choice that makes the statement correct.

• A. No change is needed
  • B. Management groups
  • C. Azure policies
  • D. Azure App Service plans
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Learnerz
Highly Voted 4 years, 11 months ago
Shouldn't the answer be B? Msftlearn: "Azure management groups are containers for managing compliances across multiple subscriptions."
upvoted 266 times
ashayk
4 years ago
Azure management group manages policies, access and compliance for entire group. But policies force rule on resources and ensures resources are compliant - like a VM cannot be more than specific size or type. hence answer is Policies as they control resources.
upvoted 17 times
Petergrayston
3 years, 3 months ago
Yes, you are right it is B. Look at this link: Management groups are containers that help you manage access, policy, and compliance across multiple subscriptions. Create these containers to build an effective and efficient hierarchy that can be used with Azure Policy and Azure Role Based Access Controls. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/governance/management-groups/create-management-group-portal#:~:text=Management%20groups%20are%20containers%20that,Azure%20Role%20Based%20Access%20Controls.
upvoted 8 times
Moitjuh
3 years, 2 months ago
I dont think so:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/governance/management-groups/overview "For example, you can apply policies to a management group that limits the regions available for virtual machine (VM) creation. This policy would be applied to all management groups, subscriptions, and resources under that management group by only allowing VMs to be created in that region." Compliance is managed through putting an policy on the management group. Hence, I would choose C rather than B.
upvoted 9 times
pnbtot
5 months, 2 weeks ago
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cloud-adoption-framework/ready/azure-best-practices/organize-subscriptions
upvoted 1 times
Channing
Highly Voted 4 years, 11 months ago
I cant even see the underlined text, is anyone else having issues with this. I also chose management groups for this answer
upvoted 88 times
qxgoizhxyyxplqyccz
4 years, 4 months ago
Me too
upvoted 2 times
dodyagung
3 years, 10 months ago
no underlined text at all
upvoted 5 times
manyb2ns
3 years, 8 months ago
maybe "Resource groups"
upvoted 6 times
L3o
4 years, 3 months ago
Yeah, me too. I dont see the underlined text
upvoted 4 times
jonasms
Most Recent 1 week, 5 days ago
Selected Answer: B
Azure management groups are containers for managing compliances across multiple subscriptions.
upvoted 1 times
Alsari
2 weeks ago
With Azure policy you can manage the compliance only for one subscription
upvoted 1 times
NoursBear
2 weeks, 2 days ago
Azure Policy, you apply an azure policy to a management group to apply compliance. A Management Group itself does not manage compliance till a policy is assigned.
upvoted 2 times
de4f167
2 weeks, 6 days ago
underlined text is Resource groups
upvoted 1 times
VardhanSasuke
2 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: C
Azure Policies
upvoted 1 times
shahrzadkhb
2 months, 3 weeks ago
The correct answer is B, which is 'Management Group'. You organize subscriptions into containers called "management groups" and apply your governance conditions to the management groups. All subscriptions within a management group automatically inherit the conditions applied to the management group.
upvoted 1 times
Christian_garcia_martin
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Answer is B , click to the underlined link to see MS reference.
upvoted 1 times
VaibhavGawali
3 months, 3 weeks ago
I think, the correct answer is B - Management groups. The statement refers to the ability to manage compliance of Azure resources across multiple subscriptions. The correct Azure feature for managing resources and compliance across multiple subscriptions is Management groups, not Resource groups. So the correct sentence should be: "Management groups provide organizations with the ability to manage the compliance of Azure resources across multiple subscriptions."
upvoted 1 times
Umr_
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Answer is B. See this for more clarification.
upvoted 1 times
pgcool
5 months, 1 week ago
ChatGPT and other comments
upvoted 1 times
5bb1930
5 months, 2 weeks ago
I asked GPT4 without providing any options to choose from, and he said it is management groups, so maybe B indeed. "So, while resource groups help manage resources within a single subscription, the management of compliance across multiple subscriptions is more accurately handled through management groups, not resource groups. If the focus is on managing resources across multiple subscriptions particularly for compliance, the correct tool would be management groups, not resource groups."
upvoted 1 times
pnbtot
5 months, 2 weeks ago
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cloud-adoption-framework/ready/azure-best-practices/organize-subscriptions
upvoted 1 times
theFriday
5 months, 4 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
C is right
upvoted 1 times
oscartrejos
6 months ago
compliance is the key word here, so the answere is C
upvoted 1 times
Alonsochaves
6 months, 2 weeks ago
AZ Policies
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...