View all questions & answers for the AZ-104 exam

Exam AZ-104 topic 4 question 65 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 65
Topic #: 4
[All AZ-104 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You have an Azure subscription.
You deploy a virtual machine scale set that is configured as shown in the following exhibit.

Use the drop-down menus to select the answer choice that answers each question based on the information presented in the graphic
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machine-scale-sets/virtual-machine-scale-sets-autoscale-portal

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
shravan101
Highly Voted 2 years, 9 months ago
box-1 : 3 box-2: 1
upvoted 54 times
mufflon
2 years, 8 months ago
why is it 1 on the second question, it decreases by 1 when CPU utilization goes below 25%, but there is no rule for when to count down again and so on ? it only exist for the scale out rule.
upvoted 10 times
xRiot007
1 year, 4 months ago
The scale in rule applies each 10 minutes. it decreases VM count by 1, meaning -6 in 60 minutes. We can't have -1 VMs and we can't have 0 either, because the minimum is 1.
upvoted 8 times
Hyrydar
2 years, 1 month ago
I agree with you because it did not say when the duration for countdown starts..and by the way, the question states there are 5 instances to start with. We must not assume what these questions are asking of us. go with the strict and stated meaning of the question. i say 3 for box1 and 4 for box2. please somebody correct if a am wrong.
upvoted 8 times
Hyrydar
2 years, 1 month ago
Mufflon, you did not say what your answer is.
upvoted 2 times
buzzerboy
1 year, 9 months ago
wouldnt it scale in every 10 minutes and decrease count by 1 unit. From 10am to 11am there are 6 x 10 min slots. Each time it scales in, it will bring the count down by 1 until it reaches minimum which is 1?
upvoted 3 times
Mohd1899
1 year, 8 months ago
There must be duration otherwise it will not scale in properly , example , if it does not consider the duration for scale in , it will never go less than 4 vms that's why I agree Box 2 should be 2 we should consider scale out duration for scale in too
upvoted 1 times
Mohd1899
1 year, 8 months ago
sorry my typo mistake Box2 should be 1 scale in (-1) vm every 10 minutes.
upvoted 2 times
JayLearn2022
Highly Voted 1 year, 7 months ago
Box-1 : 3 Initial starts 2 VM's 15 minutes have passed. at 10 minutes 1 VM was added we now have 3 VM's. Cool down is 5 Minutes before another 10 minute wait cycle starts so the answer is 3. Box-2: 1 Initial 5 VM's 60 minutes Pass. 1 VM removed every 15 minute cycle. 10 minutes wait timer plus 5 minute cool down equals 15 minutes cycle. Four 15 minute cycles pass equaling 60 minutes removing 4 VM's. We have 1 VM left. Default Scale in and Out Default Durations are 10 minutes with 5 minute cool down. The default scale set settings in Azure are: -Minimum number of instances 1 -Maximum number of instances 10 -Scale out CPU threshold (%) 75 -Duration in minutes10 -Number of instances to increase by 1 -Scale in CPU threshold (%) 25 -Number of instances to decrease by -1 https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machine-scale-sets/virtual-machine-scale-sets-autoscale-portal#create-a-rule-to-automatically-scale-in
upvoted 39 times
MiniLa92
2 months, 1 week ago
I believe you are wrong while explaining the duration and cool down. The cool down period only temporarily pauses scaling in/out operations but under the hood the time and metrics are being analyzed. For example if the first scale in happens at 10:10(because of duration of 10 min), then after 5 min cooldown at 10:15 again there will be another scale in(considering the metrics between 10:05 and 10:15) and then another at 10:20(considering metrics between 10:10 and 10:20) and so on. Please read this blog https://cloudbuild.co.uk/azure-virtual-machine-scale-set-duration-and-cool-down-explained/ Correct me if I am worng.
upvoted 3 times
kcanwi
1 year, 6 months ago
"1 VM removed every 15 minute cycle" May I know how you got the value 15 mins?
upvoted 1 times
mlooney
1 year, 6 months ago
"Default Scale in and Out Default Durations are 10 minutes with 5 minute cool down. "
upvoted 3 times
Slimus
1 year, 4 months ago
I don't see 5 min cool down value anywhere. Is it a default value?
upvoted 2 times
sardonique
1 year ago
unfortunately these questions are poorly formulated. Why do you assume that at the 9:00 the count is 2? there is no mention about the cpu usage before 9:00, and moreover this is a custom policy, how do you know that the cooldown time is 5 minutes (i know that it's the default time). I hate the lack of context in these questions
upvoted 2 times
SeMo0o0o0o
Most Recent 2 weeks, 5 days ago
CORRECT
upvoted 1 times
Ni22
3 months, 3 weeks ago
6/13/24 on exam
upvoted 3 times
tashakori
6 months, 2 weeks ago
Given answer is right
upvoted 1 times
Amir1909
7 months, 1 week ago
Correct
upvoted 1 times
EzBL
8 months, 3 weeks ago
Duration value is only used for data range - how much data autoscaling system has to aggregate to determine if rule applies or not. Cooldown - how much time has to pass before next autoscale operation to trigger. So once you start you app the first autoscale may happen not earlier than after duration value (because you need specific data range). Each next will happen every cooldown value
upvoted 1 times
AzZnLuVaBoI
1 year, 6 months ago
On the Exam 3/29/23.
upvoted 9 times
Rams_84zO6n
1 year, 6 months ago
The autoscale job runs every 30 to 60 seconds, depending on the resource type. Until 9:10 AM, rules can't apply because granularity period not reached. At 9:10 AM, count=3. It quickly jumps up every minute to max value in drop-down which is 5. Between 10-11 AM, the count starts dropping from 5 to 1. So Box-1: 5, Box-2: 1
upvoted 3 times
zellck
1 year, 7 months ago
1. 3 (initial count for 2 + scale out 1) 2. 1 (scale in until min. 1 instance)
upvoted 3 times
kameltz
1 year, 8 months ago
Answers are box-1 : 3 and box-2: 1 for the second choice without any countdown duration, the default is 10 mins, so it will reach the minimum of VM.
upvoted 1 times
Rizwannazirabbasi
1 year, 10 months ago
this is correct only .. at 10 am now VMs are it checks every ten minutes .. utilization is down to 15 percent for 1 hour .. so it will be one for box no 2
upvoted 1 times
Liriano
1 year, 11 months ago
In exam today, go with highly voted
upvoted 2 times
majerly
2 years ago
today in exam, box-1 : 3 box-2: 1
upvoted 7 times
Bobby1977
2 years ago
B1: 3 B2:4
upvoted 9 times
herodes
1 year, 7 months ago
this is incorrect as it drops one VM per 15mins. Even though its start on 5VMs after 60 minutes it drops to 1VM. 60/15=4. 5-4=1
upvoted 1 times
ZacAz104
2 years ago
minimum VMs are 2 after 15 minutes 2 other should be added so it will be 4 i dont know why it says 3????!!!
upvoted 1 times
Pieman125
2 years ago
Because it scales up by one after 10 minutes. So after 10 minutes 1 is added, but it won't add another for another 10 minutes and only 5 more minutes have passed, so the answer is 3.
upvoted 4 times
EmnCours
2 years, 1 month ago
box-1 : 3 box-2: 1
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...