exam questions

Exam AZ-104 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AZ-104 exam

Exam AZ-104 topic 3 question 37 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 37
Topic #: 3
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You create an Azure Storage account named contosostorage.
You plan to create a file share named data.
Users need to map a drive to the data file share from home computers that run Windows 10.
Which outbound port should you open between the home computers and the data file share?

• A. 80
  • B. 443
  • C. 445
  • D. 3389
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
sk1803
Highly Voted 3 years ago
Correct answer is port 445, as this is port for SMB protocol to share files Incorrect: Port 80: HTTP, this is for web Port 443: HTTPS, for web too Port 3389: Remote desktop protocol (RDP)
upvoted 64 times
ohana
Highly Voted 2 years, 11 months ago
Took the exam today on 17 Oct. Similar question came out. Know the usage for all your ports! Ans:445
upvoted 25 times
SK_2_SK
2 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for the info!
upvoted 2 times
SeMo0o0o0o
Most Recent 1 month ago
Selected Answer: C
C is corerct
upvoted 1 times
iamchoy
1 year ago
To map a drive to the Azure file share from home computers that run Windows 10, you need to open outbound port 445. So the correct answer is: C. 445 This port is used for SMB (Server Message Block) protocol, which is what Windows uses for file sharing. Note that some ISPs block this port, so if you experience issues, a VPN or Azure ExpressRoute connection may be necessary to allow the traffic. Always ensure you are following security best practices when opening ports, especially when dealing with potentially sensitive data.
upvoted 3 times
Mehedi007
1 year, 2 months ago
445. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-how-to-use-files-windows#prerequisites Passed the exam on 26 July 2023. Scored 870. Exact question came.
upvoted 3 times
itguyeu
1 year, 3 months ago
I used free version access for this site and it helped me pass the exam. Some questions that I had on the exams, I took the exam more than once, are not available under the free tier access, but 80% of the questions came from here. I do recommend investing a bit of money and getting full access to this site. I didn't memorise answers but analysed them and studied as Microsoft does tweak them a bit. This Q was on the exam.
upvoted 1 times
zzreflexzz
1 year, 5 months ago
on exam 4/29/23
upvoted 3 times
Aluksy
1 year, 6 months ago
Correct answer port 445, came out in my exam today 8th April 2023.
upvoted 2 times
NJTH
1 year, 6 months ago
Simular question was on todays exam. (7th April 2023)
upvoted 2 times
Lighteagle
1 year, 6 months ago
445 smb port
upvoted 1 times
Gaskonader
1 year, 6 months ago
On Exam 30/03/2023
upvoted 3 times
AzZnLuVaBoI
1 year, 6 months ago
On the Exam 3/29/23.
upvoted 3 times
shadad
1 year, 7 months ago
I took Exam of Azure- 104 at 27/2/2023 I score 920 points out of 1000 points. This was on it and my answer was: C think about it like this: Port 80: HTTP/ web Port 443: HTTPS/web Port 3389: Remote desktop protocol (RDP) then that leave you with what? :) 445 which is for SMB/ share files
upvoted 4 times
SimonSM178
1 year, 6 months ago
in your opinion how many questions were taken from this dump?
upvoted 1 times
bloodtech
1 year, 7 months ago
On exam 24/02/2023
upvoted 2 times
UmbongoDrink
1 year, 7 months ago
Port 445
upvoted 1 times
UmbongoDrink
1 year, 7 months ago
Port 445.
upvoted 1 times
zellck
1 year, 8 months ago
C is the answer. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-how-to-use-files-windows#prerequisites The SMB protocol requires TCP port 445 to be open; connections will fail if port 445 is blocked.
upvoted 1 times
zellck
1 year, 7 months ago
Got this in Feb 2023 exam.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...