Exam PL-200 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the PL-200 exam

Exam PL-200 topic 5 question 9 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's PL-200
Question #: 9
Topic #: 5
[All PL-200 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You have a business process flow (BPF) that interacts with the Account entity.
You modify the BPF and add a new stage at the beginning.
You need to identify the impact of the new version on the existing account records.
What is the outcome in each scenario? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: Existing accounts show the new BPF.
When an entity record is being created and if there are multiple BPFs defined on that entity. The system would do the following:
If the ProcessId field is set to Guid.Empty. The system will skip defaulting the BPF on that instance.
If the ProcessId field is set to specific BPF entity reference. The system will default to the specified BPF.
If the ProcessId field on the record is not set. The system will default the BPF.
Box 2: No BPF is linked to a new account.
Note: A business process flow definition is represented as a custom entity and an instance of a process is stored as a record within that entity. Each record is associated with a data record (such as an Account, Contact, Lead, or Opportunity) and in case of cross-entity processes, with a data record for each participating entity.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/customize/business-process-flows-overview

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
TheSandManXero
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
I think both scenarios show the new BPF because it says you're "Modifying" the BPF, not adding a new BPF.
upvoted 27 times
TheSandManXero
3 years, 1 month ago
Just Tested. I couldn't put the new stage as Stage 1, earliest I could do was Stage 2. Both Existing and New records show the new MODIFIED BPF.
upvoted 17 times
ChristinaB
2 years, 11 months ago
I tested as well and you cannot add a new stage at the beginning. If this is on my test I will certainly tag it to provide feedback!
upvoted 4 times
guz
2 years, 11 months ago
so the second drop down should be the last option?
upvoted 1 times
SarAbd
Highly Voted 3 years ago
In exam 16/09/2021 The new version of the BPF is displayed in both cases.
upvoted 16 times
Mero0011
3 years ago
So what is the correct answer, your comment kind of confused me!!
upvoted 2 times
nek97
2 years, 8 months ago
existing account show new BPF, and BPF is showing in new account i think
upvoted 2 times
jkaur
Most Recent 6 months, 1 week ago
2 and 3
upvoted 2 times
MrEz
8 months, 3 weeks ago
as I understood the question, you don't add a new bpf (which would create a new entity: beware if your developer deletes and re-creates a new BPF because it's faster and you have ETL processes... with the deployment you may lose data if you delete the old BPF). Hence, there is no new and no old BPF. Maybe there are old instances of BPF (on records already existing).
upvoted 1 times
MrEz
8 months, 3 weeks ago
I can confirm that you cannot add a stage before the first stage. True still in 2024. if ever you would have to add a stage before the first stage, you are doomed. Maybe make an null stage, and begin with stage 1 afterwards? for the existing records, it just fills the stage added as completed, if your process session is already after the stage added, if it is on or before, the new stage added, the stage is just open and eligible to be made. (i made a BPF with 3 stages and added for each stage a lead, including last stage + finished) added a stage after 1rst stage
upvoted 1 times
MrEz
8 months, 3 weeks ago
1) a 2) c 2 b is wrong because the data already existing with the BPF session active has the new stage check-marked or not depending if you have gone past that stage or not. but it is added in any case as a stage.
upvoted 1 times
MrEz
8 months ago
c is correct and affimative for 1 specific scenario. it is a bit short as it is not saying someting to old accounts, but that is not wrong.
upvoted 1 times
Ikhalil
1 year, 7 months ago
What happens to existing accounts? 2- existing accounts show the new BPF What happens to new accounts 2- the new BPF shows only the stage for a new account.
upvoted 1 times
Ikhalil
1 year, 7 months ago
what happens to existing accounts? 2- existing accounts show the new BPF what happens to new accounts 3- the new BPF is showing in a new account
upvoted 2 times
RazielLycas
1 year, 11 months ago
New version of the BPF will be displayed in both cases
upvoted 1 times
LePecador
1 year, 12 months ago
Answers: 1. Existing accounts show the new BPF 2. The new BPF is showing in a new account Because in both scenarios, the new version of the BPF will be displayed
upvoted 7 times
niel93
2 years ago
This question was on Sept 24th Scored 712 Selected 2 and 3
upvoted 2 times
Sujadocs
2 years, 1 month ago
This question was part of the exam in Aug 2022
upvoted 1 times
ETU69
2 years, 1 month ago
If you read 'New' as 'New version' of the BPF. It will be: 1. Existing accounts show the new BPF. 2. The new BPF is showing in a new account.
upvoted 2 times
gossipgirl010
2 years, 3 months ago
I'm confused, what is the correct answer?
upvoted 2 times
trtrt
2 years, 4 months ago
I just tested two insert a Stage on first possible position (at the beginning must perhaps not be interpreted as the first position before all other Stages?) after the first Stage. The new BPF was displayed on both existing and new records.
upvoted 1 times
dlnuser
2 years, 4 months ago
This is such a weird question bc you can't add a new stage at the BEGINNING of a BPF. To do what is required would mean to duplicate the current first stage and then modify the previous first stage to create the "new" first stage. Correct answer is that both new and old accounts will display the updated, "new" BPF. Tested it in my demo instance.
upvoted 2 times
Libanias
2 years, 4 months ago
In exam 29/05/2022
upvoted 2 times
Cheehp
2 years, 5 months ago
Just passed with 791. Selected Existing accounts show the new BPF The new BPF is showing in a new account
upvoted 2 times
Ranarkia
2 years, 8 months ago
On exam 1 Feb, 2022. Both show the new BPF.
upvoted 4 times
hodayash
2 years, 10 months ago
on a new record there is a bpf so the second answer is wrong
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...