Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam SC-300 topic 1 question 7 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's SC-300
Question #: 7
Topic #: 1
[All SC-300 Questions]

You have an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) tenant that contains the objects shown in the following table.

Which objects can you add as members to Group3?

• A. User2 and Group2 only
  • B. User2, Group1, and Group2 only
  • C. User1, User2, Group1 and Group2
  • D. User1 and User2 only
  • E. User2 only
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: E 🗳️
Reference:
https://bitsizedbytes.wordpress.com/2018/12/10/distribution-security-and-office-365-groups-nesting/

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
Cheguevarax
Highly Voted 3 years, 3 months ago
The answer is Use2 only. I just tested. You can't assign the users with no license. 100%
upvoted 79 times
loukyexamtopic
1 month, 1 week ago
did you tested this in 365 admin centre or AAD
upvoted 1 times
Sashy
2 years, 10 months ago
I agree with Discuss4certi! I just tested as well and you cannot add an unlicensed member to Group 3, but I was able to go to user's group membership tab and her from her profile to group 3.
upvoted 3 times
hhaywood
3 years, 3 months ago
Agreed, also tested. However I found you can assign 'equipment users' e.g. Projectors with no license - odd one.
upvoted 4 times
lime568
2 years, 6 months ago
because the equipments have a mailbox
upvoted 3 times
Arjanussie
1 year, 6 months ago
Test it also You can't assign the users with no license / mailbox
upvoted 1 times
Diginomad
Highly Voted 2 years, 8 months ago
Selected Answer: E
The answer is E - User2 Only. When you try to add a member to a Mail-enabled Security Group, you won't be able to see unlicensed Users. I had to test this when I saw contradictory comments.
upvoted 17 times
xupiter
2 years, 8 months ago
That's right, but only for Azure portal. Using Microsoft 365 admin center, you can add unlicensed users to a Mail-enabled Security Group. So answer is D.
upvoted 5 times
zol95
1 year, 11 months ago
You are incorrect. Tested in Lab environment: In the M365 admin center, only users can be added to the mail-enabled security group. You can only add licensed users to the group, unlicensed users won't even show up on the member select page. Correct answer is definitely E.
upvoted 2 times
zol95
1 year, 11 months ago
Sorry xupiter you are correct. If you open the mail enabled SG, then you won't, be able to add the user, but if you open the unlicensed users from Users/Active Users/"user"/Groups/Manage groups then you can add the unlicensed user to the mail-enabled SG... Correct answer is D.
upvoted 1 times
Fcnet
1 year, 10 months ago
no you can't from portal.azure.com / it's not permited (may be it was possible 1 year ago but not now)
upvoted 3 times
Chris7910
1 year, 3 months ago
But you can go to O365 Admin Center -> Users -> Active Users, select the user -> Account -> Manage groups and assign the group to the user. So technically you added the user to the group.
upvoted 1 times
loukyexamtopic
Most Recent 1 month, 1 week ago
The question is clearly about the AAD/Entra ID not 365admin portal. Please let us know how you exactly do the lab in detail, as I see allot of labs done that are not important with this question
upvoted 1 times
HartMS
4 months, 3 weeks ago
No license - No Money
upvoted 2 times
HartMS
4 months, 3 weeks ago
User2 Only
upvoted 1 times
penatuna
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: D
Tested in my tenant. D is the correct answer, if you can use M365 admin center. Azure portal / Entra - Cannot add members to mail enabled group. Cannot add Mail-enabled groups to users. Microsoft 365 admin center - Can add only User2 to Group3. Can add Group3 to both User2 and User3. Exchange portal - Can add only User2 to Group3. Cannot add groups to users, cause there’s no user blade in Exhange portal.
upvoted 3 times
RahulX
7 months ago
E. User2 only, because only mailboxed users can be added to the MailEnable Security Group. Tested
upvoted 1 times
lojlkdnfvlirez
8 months, 3 weeks ago
the correct anwser is "D": User1 and User2 only, the question is Which objects can you add as members to Group3?
upvoted 1 times
RahulX
9 months, 1 week ago
The Correct ans is User 2. User 2 has valid exol license, thus having smtp address. Tested on Lab: Only user and DL can be added into M365 Mail enabled security group.
upvoted 2 times
JCkD4Ni3L
11 months ago
Selected Answer: D
Add user to the domain contacts in the admin center, then you will be able to add it to your mail-enabled SG. I do this on a regular basis.. answer is « D ».
upvoted 2 times
Softeng
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Tested in lab, you can't assign security/m365 groups, neither an unlicensed group.
upvoted 2 times
Bear4
11 months, 2 weeks ago
I can add a other mail enabled security group? So User 2 and Group 3.
upvoted 1 times
syougun200x
1 year ago
As of today, when I tested in my tenant, User 1 and user 2 can be added. No groups appear to choose from in the list.
upvoted 1 times
edmca
1 year ago
D is correct. I tried to add to create a test mail-enabled sec group and tried to add an unlicensed user from Exchange admin center but the system would not let me, however, you can go to O365 Admin Center -> Users -> Active Users, select the user -> Account -> Manage groups and assign the group to the user. The unlicensed user won't be able to receive the mail since it doesn't have any mail related license
upvoted 1 times
EmnCours
1 year ago
It's E: User 2 only The Identity needs to have a mailbox. So only Users with a mailbox, shared mailbox identities and Mail-Enabled security groups can be added. - Mail-enabled security groups cannot contain M365 groups or Security groups, but they can contain other Mail-Enabled Security Groups. - M365 Groups cannot contain other groups in general.
upvoted 3 times
zyhke
1 year, 2 months ago
This is an exam for Azure, they don't want you touching admin center for this...The answer is E
upvoted 3 times
Holii
1 year, 3 months ago
Why is it not A? I tried unlicensed users. Couldn't add them. So it's definitely either A or E. I tried unlicensed Microsoft 365 Groups. It worked. I tried sending out an email to the mail-enabled security group and it sent the email out to all the users part of the Microsoft 365 group. The question says "Directly assigned license", you can definitely have a Microsoft 365 group without a license directly assigned, but have users with licenses and the flow will work as expected... Are we to assume they mean an unlicensed Microsoft 365 Group *with* unlicensed users?
upvoted 1 times
Holii
1 year, 3 months ago
Update: These were groups that were additionally registered as Distribution Groups, not solely Microsoft 365 Groups. Answer is E.
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...