Welcome to ExamTopics
ExamTopics Logo
- Expert Verified, Online, Free.

Unlimited Access

Get Unlimited Contributor Access to the all ExamTopics Exams!
Take advantage of PDF Files for 1000+ Exams along with community discussions and pass IT Certification Exams Easily.

Exam MS-100 topic 2 question 46 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's MS-100
Question #: 46
Topic #: 2
[All MS-100 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You company has a Microsoft 365 subscription that contains the domains shown in the following exhibit.

Use the drop-down menus to select the answer choice that completes each statement based on the information presented in the graphic.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Only the Contoso20198.onmicrosoft.com domain has a status of Setup Complete. The other two statuses mean that the domain setup is not complete or has issues that need to be corrected before they can be used.
Reference:
https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/what-do-domain-statuses-mean-in-office-365-3ecf1fef-3b31-497c-98bc-e57e2413b4e5

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
kevinwu128
Highly Voted 3 years, 2 months ago
1st box answer is definitely C 2nd box is theoretically A, but should be C. Service issues can mean other dns issues that don't relate to mail, or MX records that are used with 3rd party spam filters.
upvoted 39 times
Arargnum
3 years, 1 month ago
I agree with Kevin, a number of the client i look after do not have the DNS records for lynnc and other services therefore they have the message of possible issues however because MX records are setup correctly email works fine. correct answer in this case should be C and C
upvoted 9 times
One111
1 year, 6 months ago
You can't manage records for onmicrosoft.com subdomains. You can 't configure emails without having mx record, etc.
upvoted 2 times
Justin1
Highly Voted 3 years ago
So I tested and it should be C and A You can add a subdomain to the .onmicrosoft.com domain and even with the status being "possible service issues" I was still able to create a user with that domain On the other hand, it won't be possible to add any services to this subdomain as you don't have the ability to add DNS records to the .onmicrosoft.com domain, and thereby any subdomain you try and create will give you DNS records (MX, TXT, CNAME) that you have no way of adding.
upvoted 19 times
devilcried
Most Recent 1 year, 3 months ago
Tested C&A
upvoted 1 times
renrenren
1 year, 8 months ago
1st C 2nd C - I have an example in the real world. MX records direct to a third-party antispam vendor. Users still using this domain to send and receive mail
upvoted 3 times
paweu
1 year ago
While i agree this is a real world answer, this exam does not check for real world answers.
upvoted 1 times
1 year, 10 months ago
Valid Question (30th july 2022)
upvoted 4 times
donb21
1 year, 10 months ago
answer I agree is C and A
upvoted 1 times
TechMinerUK
2 years ago
After checking this on my tenant I believe the answers are C and A. This is because you can add subdomain.%COMPANY%.onmicrosoft.com and it will be verified however you cannot add records for anything to be routed for it. Because it is verified it means you can add it to users as their user name It is A for part two as contoso.com is not setup so you can't yet receive mail from it and the subdomain has no routing to the tenant despite being verified
upvoted 2 times
Stiobhan
2 years ago
I am pretty certain that the reason the sub domain is having issues is because the parent domain is not fully setup? So therefore the answers would be correct!
upvoted 1 times
[Removed]
2 years, 1 month ago
I tested, its possible to add a sufix to your default tenant domain Example examtopics.onmicrosoft.com (default) If you try to add ms100.examtopics.onmicrosoft.com the domain are vaild and stay verifed automaticaly
upvoted 3 times
[Removed]
2 years, 1 month ago
Prefix (not sufix)
upvoted 1 times
One111
1 year, 6 months ago
Subdomain, not prefix or sufix.
upvoted 1 times
waterlego
2 years, 2 months ago
Still valid, April 2022 - variation on it though.
upvoted 2 times
Lukeford89
2 years, 2 months ago
Can anyone confirm 100 % in the exam that the answer given would be correct> what is Microsofts view?
upvoted 1 times
mfaisal786
2 years, 4 months ago
It's C and A, you can create users using domain which have status "possible service issues" but not with "Setup in progress"
upvoted 3 times
JakeH
2 years, 7 months ago
In exam today
upvoted 2 times
xofowi5140
2 years, 8 months ago
Is not possible to add onmicrosft.com subdomain. "Refresh the page or try again later Failed to get the options for managing DNS records for domain sub.xxxxxxxxx.onmicrosoft.com. The domain was removed from your account. Close the wizard, refresh your browser and try again."
upvoted 1 times
fofo1960
2 years, 8 months ago
I love reading these comment, but hate it when it seems like a fight with no clue about the correct answer :(
upvoted 9 times
rfox321
2 years, 8 months ago
Has anyone taken the exam passed and answered this so we know what is most likely the correct answers??
upvoted 2 times
zul_n
2 years, 9 months ago
i'd say A and A - similar to the answers given. All explanations here are correct, but considering Microsoft is weird as ......, it is best to assume those 'possible issues' cause issues in creating users.
upvoted 3 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...
ex Want to SAVE BIG on Certification Exam Prep?
close
ex Unlock All Exams with ExamTopics Pro 75% Off
  • arrow Choose From 1000+ Exams
  • arrow Access to 10 Exams per Month
  • arrow PDF Format Available
  • arrow Inline Discussions
  • arrow No Captcha/Robot Checks
Limited Time Offer
Ends in