exam questions

Exam AZ-900 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AZ-900 exam

Exam AZ-900 topic 1 question 191 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-900
Question #: 191
Topic #: 1
[All AZ-900 Questions]

Note: This question is part of a series of questions that present the same scenario. Each question in the series contains a unique solution that might meet the stated goals. Some question sets might have more than one correct solution, while others might not have a correct solution.
After you answer a question in this section, you will NOT be able to return to it. As a result, these questions will not appear in the review screen.
An Azure administrator plans to run a PowerShell script that creates Azure resources.
You need to recommend which computer configuration to use to run the script.
Solution: Run the script from a computer that runs Windows 10 and has the Azure PowerShell module installed.
Does this meet the goal?

• A. Yes
  • B. No
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
alpha
Highly Voted 3 years, 8 months ago
Isn't Azure CLI required ?
upvoted 23 times
Cornelius1234
3 years, 5 months ago
No. Azure Powershell and Azure CLI are 2 different things. Their functionality is very similar, however one uses Powershell syntax, while Azure CLI uses bash syntax.
upvoted 22 times
Splay
3 years, 3 months ago
Yep, but to interact with Azure, the CLI must be installed. PowerShell on it's own doesn't suffice.
upvoted 4 times
Stanzin
3 years, 3 months ago
If the Azure PowerShell module is installed then there's no need to have the CLI installed as well.
upvoted 17 times
JohnDoe_232345
3 years, 1 month ago
You are correct, for example here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/azure/install-az-ps?view=azps-6.3.0 you can see how to connect without Azure CLI
upvoted 3 times
alphilla
11 months, 3 weeks ago
No, if you have azure powershell isntalled there's no need. "Azure PowerShell is a set of cmdlets for managing Azure resources directly from PowerShell. Azure PowerShell is designed to make it easy to learn and get started with, but provides powerful features for automation." Basically you have two options, azure CLI or Azure powershell. You have to install one of them to access azure resourcers from command-line
upvoted 2 times
Georgess
2 years, 11 months ago
The Az PowerShell module is a set of cmdlets for managing Azure resources directly from PowerShell. PowerShell provides powerful features for automation that can be leveraged for managing your Azure resources, for example in the context of a CI/CD pipeline.(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/azure/new-azureps-module-az?view=azps-6.5.0) Correct Answer:Yes
upvoted 6 times
sam2k
Highly Voted 3 years, 1 month ago
Answer A. YES is correct. Windows 10 already comes with powershell installed. Only powershell AZ modules need to be installed on top of that, which the author/question is doing.
upvoted 16 times
pompali42
Most Recent 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Selected Answer: A
A beyler emin degilim pompaliyim
upvoted 1 times
SAFM
1 year ago
The answer is correct.
upvoted 1 times
sherry2023
1 year, 1 month ago
I am worried about this kind of question. Are there any tricks.
upvoted 3 times
salmanh
1 year, 7 months ago
Isn't Azure CLI required ?
upvoted 2 times
zelovoc
2 years, 6 months ago
I have an question, in one of previous questions there was mentioned that Azure CLI is needed, with Azure CLI local powershell can be used so azure powershell is not needed and syntax is not an issue here (so far about discussions that Azure CLI uses bash syntax - I trust this is odd topic). So from my perspective - will be both solutions equal? ( 1) azure CLI plus powershell or 2) Azure powershell )? Do we know?
upvoted 1 times
RougePotatoe
1 year, 8 months ago
Azure CLI is for if you want to use Bash syntax. Azure Powershell extension is for if you want to use Powershell syntax. You can use Bash syntax in powershell but you need to install Azure CLI. You must install Azure Powershell extension to use Local Powershell.
upvoted 1 times
VMLaza
2 years, 8 months ago
Correct Answer:Yes
upvoted 3 times
Rakeshpro
2 years, 10 months ago
Answer is Yes, check this link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/developer/azure-cli/choose-the-right-azure-command-line-tool#:~:text=skill%20to%20have.-,Azure%20CLI%20vs%20Azure%20PowerShell,-Azure%20CLI%20and
upvoted 3 times
Moonfire
3 years, 2 months ago
Yes is answer
upvoted 2 times
Pulak310
3 years, 2 months ago
I can see multiple questions on this topic. I think my concept isnt 100% clear on this topic. Can someone help me with any link or docs where I get complete guide on Azure Managing tool. please!
upvoted 3 times
RISHI_009
3 years, 2 months ago
Just isntall Azure PowerShell module and use its syntax to create any resource
upvoted 1 times
valente_sven1
3 years, 2 months ago
Main in this question is "Run PowerShell Script". You can't use Azure CLI since syntax is different from Azure PowerShell.
upvoted 2 times
BalaBalaji
3 years, 2 months ago
yes Azure CLI is required. But im not sure
upvoted 2 times
wmlead
3 years, 3 months ago
answer is yes
upvoted 1 times
GullyRanger
3 years, 3 months ago
The most vaguely worded question I have ever read
upvoted 2 times
semauni
1 year, 4 months ago
You haven't read a lot of questions for this exam yet then xD
upvoted 2 times
Maharba
3 years, 4 months ago
Well, it was stated that some of these questions can have multiple answers. So I think both this option and using the Azure CLI are correct
upvoted 2 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...