exam questions

Exam AZ-104 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AZ-104 exam

Exam AZ-104 topic 2 question 24 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 24
Topic #: 2
[All AZ-104 Questions]

You have an Azure subscription named Subscription1. Subscription1 contains the resource groups in the following table.

RG1 has a web app named WebApp1. WebApp1 is located in West Europe.
You move WebApp1 to RG2.
What is the effect of the move?

• A. The App Service plan for WebApp1 remains in West Europe. Policy2 applies to WebApp1.
  • B. The App Service plan for WebApp1 moves to North Europe. Policy2 applies to WebApp1.
  • C. The App Service plan for WebApp1 remains in West Europe. Policy1 applies to WebApp1.
  • D. The App Service plan for WebApp1 moves to North Europe. Policy1 applies to WebApp1.
Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A 🗳️

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
mlantonis
Highly Voted 3 years, 4 months ago
Correct Answer: A You can only move a resource to a Resource Group or Subscription, but the location stays the same. When you move WebApp1 to RG2, the resource will be restricted based on the policy of the new Resource Group (Policy2).
upvoted 125 times
Veks
2 years, 5 months ago
I agree with the answer (A is correct), but your comments don't seem correct. you are moving app from one region to another. Procedure is listed below: - Create a back up of the source app. - Create an app in a new App Service plan, in the target region. - Restore the back up in the target app - If you use a custom domain, bind it preemptively to the target app with 'awverify'. and enable the domain in the target app. - Configure everything else in your target app to be the same as the source app and verify your configuration. - When you're ready for the custom domain to point to the target app, remap the domain name. Here it states that you have to create new AppService plan in new region. So old plan stays where it is. Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/manage-move-across-regions
upvoted 18 times
klexams
2 years, 4 months ago
@veks, so you're saying A is wrong then?!
upvoted 2 times
Ajinkyakore
2 years, 4 months ago
So technically there will be no any migration or transfer happens?
upvoted 2 times
bryant12138
12 months ago
yeah I think you're right, both rg and subscription are ideological management tools
upvoted 1 times
klasbeatz
2 years, 3 months ago
Your right.....New-AzAppServicePlan -Location "North Central US" -ResourceGroupName DestinationAzureResourceGroup -Name DestinationAppServicePlan -Tier Standard
upvoted 1 times
klasbeatz
2 years, 3 months ago
But the question suggest that it is being moved...not "cloned"
upvoted 4 times
mcclane654
8 months, 2 weeks ago
just to add to this. as I found the policy confusing. if they are talking about Azure policy: An evalution will be ran before the move to verify that policy2 allows it. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/management/move-resource-group-and-subscription#frequently-asked-questions
upvoted 1 times
Cluster007
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
A is correct
upvoted 43 times
kejo2
Most Recent 6 days ago
Tested in my Lab. A is correct
upvoted 1 times
SeMo0o0o0o
1 month ago
Selected Answer: A
A is corerct
upvoted 1 times
TheFivePips
2 months ago
My understanding is that App service plans cannot move regions. If you wanted to move it you would have to recreate it in a new region. And since the policies in this case are applied at the resource group level, and the only thing moving is the outsource webapp1, not the resource group itself, then the policies of the new RG2 will apply.
upvoted 1 times
robsoneuclides
4 months, 1 week ago
Selected Answer: R
Esta correta
upvoted 1 times
camwilson04
6 months ago
Moving to a resource group in a different region doesn't also move the resources to the same region as the RG.. come on guys! RG just hold meta data of the connected resources
upvoted 1 times
Wojer
7 months ago
Selected Answer: B
App Service resources are region-specific and can't be moved across regions. You must create a copy of your existing App Service resources in the target region, then move your content over to the new app. If your source app uses a custom domain, you can migrate it to the new app in the target region when you're finished. To make copying your app easier, you can clone an individual App Service app into an App Service plan in another region, but it does have limitations, especially that it doesn't support Linux apps.
upvoted 2 times
93d821b
10 months ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBAOl2dZS_c Answer is B
upvoted 2 times
Andmachado
3 months, 4 weeks ago
In the video you showed, the correct answer is the letter A, in the video the answer is stated, so A is the correct one.
upvoted 1 times
clg003
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Selected Answer: C
I know its not the popular opinion but I think its correct. I got receipts... Everyone seems to get that when you move a resource to a new resource group you dont change its location, but knowing that why do you think it changes its app service plan? App Service plan lays out the region resources for the apps that run in it and the you just agreed the region of the actual app service is not changing. So why would it then change to a app service plan that's laying out region specific limits. Also according to MS... "You can move an app to another App Service plan, as long as the source plan and the target plan are in the same resource group, geographical region, and of the same OS type." According to this its not even possible to move the app to a new app service plan that's not in the same region or the same resource group... and why would it. Since the app service plan lays out the resources in a region that all of its apps will share? https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-plan-manage
upvoted 5 times
clg003
1 year ago
Remember... "The resource group stores metadata about the resources. Therefore, when you specify a location for the resource group, you are specifying where that metadata is stored." This should help people understand why moving a resource into a new resource group will not change its location.
upvoted 3 times
mtc9
1 year ago
Respurce and RG can be in different regions. Moving a resource do different RG doesn;t change the resource's region.
upvoted 1 times
Mehedi007
1 year, 2 months ago
"you cannot change an App Service plan's region. If you want to run your app in a different region" https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-plan-manage#move-an-app-to-a-different-region https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/management/move-limitations/app-service-move-limitations#move-across-subscriptions
upvoted 2 times
Mehedi007
1 year, 2 months ago
*you cannot change an App Service plan's region.*
upvoted 2 times
Rogit
1 year, 2 months ago
Came in test yesterday
upvoted 3 times
Az_Amit
1 year, 3 months ago
Answer A is correct. Verified and found that we can only change(Move) the RG2 of WebApp1. All other associated resources will be in same reason and same RG1. The activity is independent of app service plan. Even after moving the WebApp1 to RG2 the WebApp1 location will be West Europe only.
upvoted 4 times
Abiram
1 year, 5 months ago
I tried this in a lab today, and the answer is C. The Policy 1 was carried along when I moved the web app from RG1 to RG2. I kept a simple policy to append tag and its default (policy1: name: RGroup ; value RG1; policy2: RGroup RG2). and the same tag remained as is when the web app was moved RG2
upvoted 2 times
lulzsec2019
1 year, 4 months ago
please don't give wrong answer.
upvoted 3 times
klexams
1 year, 11 months ago
It never says it moves region. It just moves RG. There are some limitations in moving some resources. In case of webapps, it shouldn’t have any issue.
upvoted 6 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...