Exam AZ-104 All Questions

View all questions & answers for the AZ-104 exam

Exam AZ-104 topic 3 question 31 discussion

Actual exam question from Microsoft's AZ-104
Question #: 31
Topic #: 3
[All AZ-104 Questions]

HOTSPOT -
You have an Azure subscription named Subscription1 that contains the resources shown in the following table:

You plan to configure Azure Backup reports for Vault1.
You are configuring the Diagnostics settings for the AzureBackupReports log.
Which storage accounts and which Log Analytics workspaces can you use for the Azure Backup reports of Vault1? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.
Hot Area:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer:
Box 1: storage1, storage2, and storage3
The location and subscription where this Log Analytics workspace can be created is independent of the location and subscription where your vaults exist.

Box 2: Analytics3 -
Vault1 and Analytics3 are both in West Europe.
Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-configure-reports

Comments

Chosen Answer:
This is a voting comment (?) , you can switch to a simple comment.
Switch to a voting comment New
RithuNethra
Highly Voted 3 years, 10 months ago
storage 3 analytics 1,2 & 3 this is correct as analytics are independent of locations!
upvoted 433 times
Bapan
3 years ago
This is the correct one.
upvoted 3 times
wooyourdaddy
3 years, 10 months ago
What did you use to verify this ?
upvoted 2 times
Bogdan_85
1 year, 11 months ago
The answer is in here: "The location and subscription where this Log Analytics workspace can be created is independent of the location and subscription where your vaults exist." Took from here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/configure-reports#1-create-a-log-analytics-workspace-or-use-an-existing-one
upvoted 7 times
af68218
6 months, 1 week ago
Tested that is still true just now. Created a bunch of new Log Analytics workspaces in various regions, and they all showed up as option for backing up in the vault after a few minutes. No storage accounts, however, showed, because I didn't have any in the same region as the vault.
upvoted 2 times
Amju
3 years, 6 months ago
its not recommended due to different government policies in US and Europe and thats why only workspace 3 is correct answer.
upvoted 9 times
Jamie1337
2 years, 9 months ago
This is not correct, it asks what is possible not what is recommended. Others have confirmed 1,2,3 is the correct answer.
upvoted 6 times
Veronika1989
3 years, 5 months ago
I agree! Tested on my tenant.
upvoted 12 times
mlantonis
Highly Voted 3 years, 4 months ago
Correct Answer: Storage accounts: Storage 3 only Storage Account must be in the same Region as the Recovery Services Vault. Log Analytics workspaces: Analytics1, Analytics2, and Analytics3 Set up one or more Log Analytics workspaces to store your Backup reporting data. The location and subscription where this Log Analytics workspace can be created is independent of the location and subscription where your Vaults exist. Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/configure-reports#1-create-a-log-analytics-workspace-or-use-an-existing-one
upvoted 412 times
MandAsh
6 months, 2 weeks ago
You are the Batman! helping poor cloud'ers even after so many years.
upvoted 9 times
Solution_2
6 months ago
Indeed , he is the chosen one.
upvoted 3 times
aamalik7
2 years, 10 months ago
You are the superman!
upvoted 25 times
Kosey
11 months, 4 weeks ago
You are the spiderman!
upvoted 2 times
happyaka
2 years, 3 months ago
I check your answer instead of the answer given by examtopics. You rock !!!
upvoted 7 times
SeMo0o0o0o
Most Recent 1 month ago
WRONG Storage accounts: Storage 3 only (Storage accounts must be in the same location of the Recovery Services vault). Log Analytics workspaces: Analytics1, Analytics2, and Analytics3 (Log Analytics are independent of locations).
upvoted 1 times
tashakori
6 months, 3 weeks ago
- storage 3 only - analytics 1,2 & 3
upvoted 1 times
subinjarackal
6 months, 4 weeks ago
Should the storage account, log analytics workspace be in the same resource group as valut1
upvoted 1 times
Wojer
8 months, 1 week ago
Azure supports multiple types of storage accounts for different storage scenarios customers may have, but there are two main types of storage accounts for Azure Files. Which storage account type you need to create depends on whether you want to create a standard file share or a premium file share: General purpose version 2 (GPv2) storage accounts: GPv2 storage accounts allow you to deploy Azure file shares on standard/hard disk-based (HDD-based) hardware. In addition to storing Azure file shares, GPv2 storage accounts can store other storage resources such as blob containers, queues, or tables. File shares can be deployed into the transaction optimized (default), hot, or cool tiers. FileStorage storage accounts: FileStorage storage accounts allow you to deploy Azure file shares on premium/solid-state disk-based (SSD-based) hardware. FileStorage accounts can only be used to store Azure file shares; no other storage resources (blob containers, queues, tables, etc.) can be deployed in a FileStorage account.
upvoted 1 times
yukkki
8 months, 3 weeks ago
storage: 3only log: all
upvoted 2 times
Ahkhan
11 months, 1 week ago
I tested. A log analytic workspace can be in different region than resources connected to it.
upvoted 1 times
kaizoogi
1 year ago
I think these answers need to be flipped: Change From: Box 1: storage1, storage2, and storage3 The location and subscription where this Log Analytics workspace can be created is independent of the location and subscription where your vaults exist. Box 2: Analytics3 - Vault1 and Analytics3 are both in West Europe. Change To: Box 1: storage3 Vault1 and Analytics3 are both in West Europe. Box 2: Analytics1, Analytics2, Analytics3 - The location and subscription where this Log Analytics workspace can be created is independent of the location and subscription where your vaults exist.
upvoted 5 times
CarlosMarin
1 year, 1 month ago
This question was in my exam on 31/08/2023.
upvoted 5 times
msstanci_111
1 year, 1 month ago
no way, storage accounts are not correct, sa must be in same region and same resource group.
upvoted 1 times
msstanci_111
1 year, 1 month ago
Not at all storage account, and analytics 1,2,3 (only one of them). If I created sa and it was in different region or rg, I can't see sa. In my oppinion, those answers not cover right answer. (I tested it in lab)
upvoted 1 times
Mehedi007
1 year, 2 months ago
Storage 3 only. "the vault must be in the same region as the data source." https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-create-recovery-services-vault#create-a-recovery-services-vault Analytics1, Analytics2, and Analytics3. "You can use a single workspace for all your data collection." https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/logs/log-analytics-workspace-overview
upvoted 3 times
Josete1106
1 year, 2 months ago
storage 3 analytics 1,2 & 3 Correct!
upvoted 1 times
raj24051961
1 year, 3 months ago
Correct Answer: Storage accounts: Storage3 only, because Vault1 is West Europe and Storage3 is also in West Europe. Log Analytics workspaces: Analytics1, Analytics2 and Analytics3, becasue those analytics backup are not related to the location and subscription where your vaults exist.. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/configure-reports?tabs=recovery-services-vaults Set up one or more Log Analytics workspaces to store your Backup reporting data. The location and subscription where this Log Analytics workspace can be created is independent of the location and subscription where your vaults exist
upvoted 1 times
Mpalana
1 year, 4 months ago
This question came out in the exam 2023/06/08
upvoted 2 times
Mirkaa754
1 year, 4 months ago
Storage 3 - the vault must be in the same region as the data source
upvoted 1 times
Community vote distribution
A (35%)
C (25%)
B (20%)
Other
Most Voted
A voting comment increases the vote count for the chosen answer by one.

Upvoting a comment with a selected answer will also increase the vote count towards that answer by one. So if you see a comment that you already agree with, you can upvote it instead of posting a new comment.

SaveCancel
Loading ...